Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Thank God
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ultimately, I think we'll have a middle-of-the-pack O-line and it shouldn't make a major difference in the outcome of the season.

You still think we're going 11-6 with an average OL?

I mean we've gone to SBs and won a s**t load of games with an "avg" OL lol

39 wins in 5 years (Shanahan's record) is a s**t load?

Originally posted by Koldo:

When we have a starting caliber QB yeah we've won a s**t load of games. Including going to a NFCC and a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
It is weird you made definitive statement that he is a guard and not tackle solely based on your assessment.

He's currently playing OG this off season in Chicago. Plenty of draft evaluators said his best spot in the NFL is inside.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ultimately, I think we'll have a middle-of-the-pack O-line and it shouldn't make a major difference in the outcome of the season.

You still think we're going 11-6 with an average OL?

I mean we've gone to SBs and won a s**t load of games with an "avg" OL lol

We've averaged 11 wins a season (including playoffs) over the last 3 despite a 6-10 season in 2020. That's not bad. I don't think 2017 and 2018 are relevant to a discussion about what the current team can or cannot accomplish.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
It is weird you made definitive statement that he is a guard and not tackle solely based on your assessment.

He's currently playing OG this off season in Chicago. Plenty of draft evaluators said his best spot in the NFL is inside.

Yeah WTF NY?! Weird that you claim he's a guard when he's listed as a guard and only played guard.

That's good. I feel a ton better about this o-line if both starting tackles are in the lineup than if either of them is out. Swing tackle is a huge problem if the Houston game is an indication of what to expect.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
We've averaged 11 wins a season (including playoffs) over the last 3 despite a 6-10 season in 2020. That's not bad. I don't think 2017 and 2018 are relevant to a discussion about what the current team can or cannot accomplish.

Not many coaches win meaningful games with backups and backups to the backups starting at QB. Maybe you can get away with a game or two, but not seasons with of football over the course of years. Jimmy isn't a world beater but he's a functional starting NFL QB. Koldo is a Shanny hater so there's that bias going on.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Yeah WTF NY?! Weird that you claim he's a guard when he's listed as a guard and only played guard.

Are you suggesting that the 1979 and 1980 seasons don't have much relevance to Bill Walsh legacy? Crazy
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Are you suggesting that the 1979 and 1980 seasons don't have much relevance to Bill Walsh legacy? Crazy

Only if you're a Bill Walsh hater

That's good. I feel a ton better about this o-line if both starting tackles are in the lineup than if either of them is out. Swing tackle is a huge problem if the Houston game is an indication of what to expect.

Agreed. This could be great news going into the season. Hopefully he has no more setbacks.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 29, 2022 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Agreed. This could be great news going into the season. Hopefully he has no more setbacks.

Yup. They did say they'd ramp him up this week to test his pain level. If he can get through this week we've got a shot at week 1. If not, well.
Share 49ersWebzone