There are 199 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
It seems like our standards for QB continue to grow to HOF transcending levels while our standards for OL play have dropped down to hoping Mike McGlinchey plays so Colton McKivitz doesn't. And we all know he probably will at some point given our annual trends.

Oh well...welcome to the WZ.

Too bad. We had stellar standards at both when we were winning ships.

You misremember the 94 season then. Or was Steve Young crawling across the Silverdome because he liked the feel of turf on his body?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Aug 30, 2022 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Doesn't New Orleans have an abundance of O linemen?

aren't they up against the cap?

No they do not. Cleveland and Philly are literally the only ones with abundance. Other teams are cutting disappointing young players or vets that got beat out. Don't expect anyone other than depth pieces.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
It seems like our standards for QB continue to grow to HOF transcending levels while our standards for OL play have dropped down to hoping Mike McGlinchey plays so Colton McKivitz doesn't. And we all know he probably will at some point given our annual trends.

Oh well...welcome to the WZ.

Too bad. We had stellar standards at both when we were winning ships.

You misremember the 94 season then. Or was Steve Young crawling across the Silverdome because he liked the feel of turf on his body?

The record breaking season? It was bad early. I do remember that. And Steve still had a tendency to hold it too long too.
The record breaking season? It was bad early. I do remember that. And Steve still had a tendency to hold it too long too.

It was very bad early. It got better but it was never elite. Solid group. Skill guys were elite and elite qb made them look better than they were.

s**t the KC game the week prior was even worse
I wonder if Joe had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long here and that's why he got wrecked as well

No they do not. Cleveland and Philly are literally the only ones with abundance. Other teams are cutting disappointing young players or vets that got beat out. Don't expect anyone other than depth pieces.

Yeah, that ship sailed a couple months ago to upgrade. It'll all just be depth at this point. Although it can't be too difficult to upgrade over McKivitz. That said they like him because he knows the system. He just sucks at it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 30, 2022 at 9:33 AM ]
Yeah, that ship sailed a couple months ago to upgrade. It'll all just be depth at this point. Although it can't be too difficult to upgrade over McKivitz. That said they like him because he knows the system. He just sucks at it.

I'd be for getting a guy like Leatherwood and keep him inactive while you work with him.

I'd be for getting a guy like Leatherwood and keep him inactive while you work with him.

I have zero issues with projects like that. Just as long as they are healthy. 3 prong approach.

. My message to KS and JL
[ Edited by Waterbear on Aug 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Coaches get their favorites. The Derek Smiths of the world.

Poe getting cut
Poe getting cut

Wow
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

s**t the KC game the week prior was even worse
I wonder if Joe had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long here and that's why he got wrecked as well

LOL.

That was a really really talented OL...not sure why they struggled so early though.

LT Steve Wallace
LG Jesse Sapolu
C Bart Oates
RG Derrick Deese
RT Harris Barton
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Coaches get their favorites. The Derek Smiths of the world.

Cyclops!!!
We better not keep one of those lameass backup Tackles over Poe
Share 49ersWebzone