There are 212 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

was never a fan but he's better than whomever is our backup OT

Would be nice. Being 29th on the waiver wire doesn't help.

Good point.
So who do we have,

Williams
McGlinchey
Brendyl
Banks
Burford
Brunskill
Zechelj?

who else?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
So who do we have,

Williams
McGlinchey
Brendyl
Banks
Burford
Brunskill
Zechelj?

who else?

Jaylon Moore, Mckivitz, and Sutherland. Though I suspect Sutherland has been cut but we haven't heard about it yet.
CHRIS FOERESTER IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM AT OFFENSIVE LINE!

I said it when we replaced a good quality O-Line coach in Jon Benton with this bum Foerester who has not already failed twice with the 49ers as O-Line coach but also failed as Offensive Line coach in Baltimore, Washington, Miami and Tampa. He's the main problem and I bet you he's one and done as our OLine coach but the damage will have already been done!
Raiders just cut Leatherwood... we should take a chance on this guy..
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL.

That was a really really talented OL...not sure why they struggled so early though.

LT Steve Wallace
LG Jesse Sapolu
C Bart Oates
RG Derrick Deese
RT Harris Barton

Wallace was starting to slow down and had concussion issues and Barton got hurt week 1 and that really, really hurt the OLine. Once he came back around week 7 is when the line got settled. Also undrafted rookie FA (in his 2nd yr I believe) Derrick Deese ended up coming in around week 3 or 4 to replace Ralph Tamm and ended up staying in as a NFL starting offensive lineman for 10 years all with the 49ers I believe
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

I said it when we replaced a good quality O-Line coach in Jon Benton with this bum Foerester who has not already failed twice with the 49ers as O-Line coach but also failed as Offensive Line coach in Baltimore, Washington, Miami and Tampa. He's the main problem and I bet you he's one and done as our OLine coach but the damage will have already been done!

Why did he fail at those other spots? Dude has coached two of the best OTs ever and is well respected as a coach. A ton of his OLs were top end run blocking units.

he was our OL coach last yr so I wouldn't make the one and done bet
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He's been in SF before. Fired.

The last time the 49ers had a good line? 2019 and it's not even close. I was so pissed when we let Benton go to the Jets. Previous posts to prove it.

agree here...i soured on him after his original stint with SF

no OL improvement and he had no eye to add talent or no clue what to ask the scouts for

chilo rachal was on his watch in 2008
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry NY but I know this info probably to a fault. Forester had two maybe THREE good OLs - and NONE in this decade.

Coached two the best OTs because of him or because those guys were pretty ridiculously good. It's like saying Larry Kirksey was one of the best WR coaches because he coached Rice and Owens.

True GM coaching great players does not make a coach great. The last what, almost decade, he has not been a very good coach. I hope he improves as a coach with the talent we have bc Trey needs it
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 30, 2022 at 8:34 PM ]
We should take a look at Leatherwood. He cant be worse than McKivitz

Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Are you sure about that? lol

Maybe for the PS
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Are you sure about that? lol

No but thats why we should have a look at him

this is good
Originally posted by NYniner85:

this is good

OMG yes. Kyle has said numerous times he only notices the OL if he happens to look up from his play sheet and something negative is happening. It's a massive blind spot for him IMHO. Eric Davis also talked about how the standards for this unit has really dropped off over the years. There lacks accountability.
Share 49ersWebzone