There are 249 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
This guy should be starting week 1 in one of the guard spots.

Nah Burford and Banks are better than what people give them credit for
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The 49ers newest OL addition:

Great. Do we know who he's replacing?
maybe one of the TEs or RBs

Very possible or a player goes on I.R.

Who's injured?
phantom injury to sermon ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Great. Do we know who he's replacing?
maybe one of the TEs or RBs

Very possible or a player goes on I.R.

Who's injured?

They are testing McGlinchey this week so he's always a possibility along with one of the RB's or TE's as being a good option. Maybe Nick Zakelj?
I know we have potential problems on the IOL, but what about other teams also, like the Bucs, lost Ryan Jensen to a knee injury, have a 2nd yr guy starting at Center, sounds familiar, lost both Gs this offseason, we're not the only team with issues on the IOL.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know we have potential problems on the IOL, but what about other teams also, like the Bucs, lost Ryan Jensen to a knee injury, have a 2nd yr guy starting at Center, sounds familiar, lost both Gs this offseason, we're not the only team with issues on the IOL.

We will find out about them all soon enough.

Whenever Brunskill goes to another team, imagine how they will drool over footage of him containing Donald !
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

But we don't have a HOF QB to make up the difference and we are a run-first offense that can't just switch schemes to predominantly a passing offense with a 2nd-year QB. I'm not saying we won't be successful, I'm just saying OL problems for THIS team is a bit different from other squads like the Bucs or Rams who have a proven signal caller and have spent a couple of seasons working out timing with starters. 49ers need to run reliably out of their base offense, without a gimmick offense. 3rd and 5 they need to believe they can get 5 yards with a base play without putting their QB in extreme danger.

Brady last season with the PAts he lost his starting C as well, David Andrews. The Pats were pretty mediocre (still made the playoffs because he's Tom Brady)
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

10 OL, 4 RB's and 4 TE's?

Yup, we're going to be pass-centric! Ha.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 31, 2022 at 4:17 PM ]
JC Tretter is still available, is he demanding to much? Or is our presiding Center just better?
Originally posted by WildBill:
JC Tretter is still available, is he demanding to much? Or is our presiding Center just better?

He retired. He claimed nobody reached out to him. Hard to believe, huh?

• cciowa
  • Veteran

i have been told there is no one out there to sign... i just can not believe that there is not even one person who is average we could sign that is better than anyone not named trey on our line

He is still listed on Sport Trac-Maybe that is code for nobody offered me enough money

Originally posted by cciowa:

i have been told there is no one out there to sign... i just can not believe that there is not even one person who is average we could sign that is better than anyone not named trey on our line

Maybe they just want more than the niners are willing to spend.

Sounds like it has to do with him being the NFLPA President
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

He is still listed on Sport Trac-Maybe that is code for nobody offered me enough money

Originally posted by cciowa:

Maybe they just want more than the niners are willing to spend.

oh,, i hear we have "inquired".. about guys. doing our due.. oh never mind
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

10 OL, 4 RB's and 4 TE's?

Yup, we're going to be pass-centric! Ha.

Still curious who it is you're talking about that said we will be pass-centric
Share 49ersWebzone