There are 214 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by WildBill:
JC Tretter is still available, is he demanding to much? Or is our presiding Center just better?

He retired. He claimed nobody reached out to him. Hard to believe, huh?

Sounds like it has to do with him being the NFLPA President

There's a conspiracy theory he is being blackballed like Kaepernick.
But unlike Kaep, Tretter is very good and would improve 80% of the OL in the league.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have been told there is no one out there to sign... i just can not believe that there is not even one person who is average we could sign that is better than anyone not named trey on our line

Feel free to educate yourself about who's out there so you can advocate for someone.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

10 OL, 4 RB's and 4 TE's?

Yup, we're going to be pass-centric! Ha.

Still curious who it is you're talking about that said we will be pass-centric

For starters NY guestimated 550+ passing attempts to 460 rushing. I think a lot of fans would think this actually.
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

For starters NY guestimated 550+ passing attempts to 460 rushing. I think a lot of fans would think this actually.

lol no way. We're going to be 55% running or more.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

no one can accurately say whats going to happen gameplan wise

like the 2012 SB year. we were heavy run with Smith, but the second half of the season we opened up the passing game more with kaep

go with the hot hand
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 31, 2022 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

like the 2012 SB year. we were heavy run with Smith, but the second half of the season we opened up the passing game more with kaep

go with the hot hand

From what we've seen last season, training camp, and preseason, Lance continues to be ~60% completion, as Mike Silver said, missing the "layups". I do expect the ypa to still be high though, with long/big plays. But I expect the running percentage to ge the highest it's been during the Shanahan era.
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

go with the hot hand

From what we've seen last season, training camp, and preseason, Lance continues to be ~60% completion, as Mike Silver said, missing the "layups". I do expect the ypa to still be high though, with long/big plays. But I expect the running percentage to ge the highest it's been during the Shanahan era.
what are these layups ?, contested throws over the middle or checkdowns (that Lance has completed in real games) ?
what are these layups ?, contested throws over the middle or checkdowns (that Lance has completed in real games) ?

According to Mike Silver who had access to this team. And to be fair, I'm ok with it for now. Eventually he has to improve. But I'm not expecting it this season. Lots of boom or bust this season.

According to Mike Silver who had access to this team. And to be fair, I'm ok with it for now. Eventually he has to improve. But I'm not expecting it this season. Lots of boom or bust this season.
i don't give silver clicks. i'm just trying to understand the layup throws analogy.

i don't give silver clicks. i'm just trying to understand the layup throws analogy.

That's good for you. Don't give anymore attention to that clown silver.

According to silver's reporting, Niners coaches are "concerned" about Lance's inconsistency with his easy throws to open receivers on short patterns.

It could be cr*p, but there's probably some truth in there. And I'm fully prepared to live through the ups and downs. And I expect him to improve as the season progresses.

According to silver's reporting, Niners coaches are "concerned" about Lance's inconsistency with his easy throws to open receivers on short patterns.

It could be cr*p, but there's probably some truth in there. And I'm fully prepared to live through the ups and downs. And I expect him to improve as the season progresses.

Well, Silver is an imbecile whose opinion means absolutely nothing.

sounds sketchy. so far i haven't seen a major issue.

with a real gameplan, Lance and Co should be a lot better..
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 31, 2022 at 8:29 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Well, Silver is an imbecile whose opinion means absolutely nothing.

Silver is low resolution - always has been.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know we have potential problems on the IOL, but what about other teams also, like the Bucs, lost Ryan Jensen to a knee injury, have a 2nd yr guy starting at Center, sounds familiar, lost both Gs this offseason, we're not the only team with issues on the IOL.

We don't deserve your sense of reasoning, AB81.
Share 49ersWebzone