There are 247 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This entire season rest's on an undrafted center, and Dan Brunskill, what could go wrong?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
no one can accurately say whats going to happen gameplan wise

like the 2012 SB year. we were heavy run with Smith, but the second half of the season we opened up the passing game more with kaep

go with the hot hand

that was more because kap was far better in an up tempo offense

i think trey is pretty good at reading defenses so i dont think it will be a matter of going with hot hand
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
what are these layups ?, contested throws over the middle or checkdowns (that Lance has completed in real games) ?

According to Mike Silver who had access to this team. And to be fair, I'm ok with it for now. Eventually he has to improve. But I'm not expecting it this season. Lots of boom or bust this season.

If MIke Silver is your source, consider changing sources.
Originally posted by NCommand:
For starters NY guestimated 550+ passing attempts to 460 rushing. I think a lot of fans would think this actually.

Lol what? I said we will be running the snot out of the ball. I literally just said that in the lance thread. Having 500-550 passing attempts in a 17 week season isn't some crazy number.

no one thinks this is gonna be a Tom Brady throw the ball 720 times. The passing game will evolve and the whole field will be used for sure. that what I said. Kyle also didn't spend 3 1sts on a QB so we could be 29th in the league in passing attempts.

this is the problem with you and me in this thread, you exaggerating things and cherry pick certain comments (leaving out the rest) for narrative pushing purposes.
According to Mike Silver who had access to this team. And to be fair, I'm ok with it for now. Eventually he has to improve. But I'm not expecting it this season. Lots of boom or bust this season.

Other reporters with access to the team haven't said anything about "missing layups" most reports have said he's having issues with those 10-19 yard outside the numbers throws. Like that missed throw to gray on 3rd down (our route to the side line).
X's and O's is far different than understanding the intricacies of what they actually do to achieve that...hence his comment and expanded comments about them being on an island together, so to speak.

His comment to what? So what you want an OL coach to be the HC? Lol man should have hired Tom Cable

Kyle would talk circles around anyone in here about OL play, I'd love to see half the people in here have a convo with him after all the bad mouthing about our HC. he's put ya'll in your place real quick.

He has MORE than a enough understanding of what a lineman has to do to make HIS plays work. If you're talking about technique, that's not the HCs job to begin with. It's silly to think that's what most HCs do to begin with.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 1, 2022 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know we have potential problems on the IOL, but what about other teams also, like the Bucs, lost Ryan Jensen to a knee injury, have a 2nd yr guy starting at Center, sounds familiar, lost both Gs this offseason, we're not the only team with issues on the IOL.

We don't deserve your sense of reasoning, AB81.

I heard they're all getting hurt because of the scheme…
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

10 OL, 4 RB's and 4 TE's?

Yup, we're going to be pass-centric! Ha.

Still curious who it is you're talking about that said we will be pass-centric

For starters NY guestimated 550+ passing attempts to 460 rushing. I think a lot of fans would think this actually.

I'd agree with NY85 on this.

I also still think Trey is better than what is advertised and by the end of the season - good chance we may be throwing more than passing. But this next Bears game, the offense is going to be misfiring a lot due to inexperience and rawness.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Other reporters with access to the team haven't said anything about "missing layups" most reports have said he's having issues with those 10-19 yard outside the numbers throws. Like that missed throw to gray on 3rd down (our route to the side line).

It sounds like not everyone is seeing the same thing in practice. What some call layups may be longer than layups to others.

From what I've seen in a small sample, it appears that Trey throws better when he's moving on a rollout than when he's standing in the pocket.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This entire season rest's on an undrafted center, and Dan Brunskill, what could go wrong?

I'm always concerned about that 49er injury bug that seems to have a nest near 4949 Marie P. Debartolo way.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It sounds like not everyone is seeing the same thing in practice. What some call layups may be longer than layups to others.

From what I've seen in a small sample, it appears that Trey throws better when he's moving on a rollout than when he's standing in the pocket.

More scramble drills!
  • All22
  • Veteran
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

We're the West Coast Ravens.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

I thought it was only 3 tight ends. I forgot they resigned Kroft. Man - looking good for a three tight end offense with Trey doing a moving pocket Run/Pass option play.

Personally, I'm as jazzed about Kyles run game as his passing game. His run game is way more entertaining than HaRoman's Bo Schembechler's offense.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
what are these layups ?, contested throws over the middle or checkdowns (that Lance has completed in real games) ?

If MIke Silver is your source, consider changing sources.

Like, um, Grant Cohn
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

well, I'd like to be right about 10 OLs, which is what I predicted, but unless you are counting PS also, I think it is 9 OLs . Whatever, it is an improvement of last yr's having to go into a game with only 8 healthy OLs, and several times 1 or 2 of those were nicked. Basically, McG was out most of yr.

For guys who have to play every O Snap, that was just a red flag that we needed to carry 10 OLs. Between those who dressed out and PS, we had 11 or 12 DLs…so carrying 10 or 11 OLs this yr just seems to make sense.(incl PS)

Of the good teams, those w/ a legit chance of making a SB run, the healthiest team always wins…but it has to be the entire team, and you can't give short shrift to the OL, and go heavy with 6 WRs, or 10 DBs, or 5 RBs, or 11-12 DLs, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone