49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
10 OL? Is Kyle learning?

10 OL, 4 RB's and 4 TE's?

Yup, we're going to be pass-centric! Ha.

well, I'd like to be right about 10 OLs, which is what I predicted, but unless you are counting PS also, I think it is 9 OLs . Whatever, it is an improvement of last yr's having to go into a game with only 8 healthy OLs, and several times 1 or 2 of those were nicked. Basically, McG was out most of yr.

For guys who have to play every O Snap, that was just a red flag that we needed to carry 10 OLs. Between those who dressed out and PS, we had 11 or 12 DLs…so carrying 10 or 11 OLs this yr just seems to make sense.(incl PS)

Of the good teams, those w/ a legit chance of making a SB run, the healthiest team always wins…but it has to be the entire team, and you can't give short shrift to the OL, and go heavy with 6 WRs, or 10 DBs, or 5 RBs, or 11-12 DLs, etc.

I'm expecting improvements in the health department, personally. They played *two* preseason games on AstroTurf, and didn't have any significant injuries - I think - Other than Ward. *who's always injured* anyway. They had some hammy pulls and I think Hurst tore a peck or something. But I think that's a good sign for the upcoming season. Last season they had several serious injuries and Jeff Wilson was pretty much out for the season at this time last year, in a sense. Just by this preseason alone, I think they have done an excellent job of increasing team durability via culture and workout ethic (at least I hope so). Poe is a workout warrior, and so is Zakelj, for example.

No more Kentavius Street, Jimmy is a backup now, Kemoco Turay is on the PS vs the 53 (he has a history of injuries), etc... their emphasis on durability, I think is paying off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have been told there is no one out there to sign... i just can not believe that there is not even one person who is average we could sign that is better than anyone not named trey on our line

Feel free to educate yourself about who's out there so you can advocate for someone.

i would rather depend on people smarter than me on the internet who can whip up a list of best available people still out there.. a mod did that yesterday for center and said there really were none out there.... i then asked what guards.. there are smarter people who can do this quick.
i would rather depend on people smarter than me on the internet who can whip up a list of best available people still out there.. a mod did that yesterday for center and said there really were none out there.... i then asked what guards.. there are smarter people who can do this quick.

Spotrac isn't a difficult site to navigate. Go to the FA section for 2022 and it will tell ya everyone who's out there
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm expecting improvements in the health department, personally. They played *two* preseason games on AstroTurf, and didn't have any significant injuries - I think - Other than Ward. *who's always injured* anyway. They had some hammy pulls and I think Hurst tore a peck or something. But I think that's a good sign for the upcoming season. Last season they had several serious injuries and Jeff Wilson was pretty much out for the season at this time last year, in a sense. Just by this preseason alone, I think they have done an excellent job of increasing team durability via culture and workout ethic (at least I hope so). Poe is a workout warrior, and so is Zakelj, for example.

No more Kentavius Street, Jimmy is a backup now, Kemoco Turay is on the PS vs the 53 (he has a history of injuries), etc... their emphasis on durability, I think is paying off.

Durability is always one hit away from flipping on its head.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know we have potential problems on the IOL, but what about other teams also, like the Bucs, lost Ryan Jensen to a knee injury, have a 2nd yr guy starting at Center, sounds familiar, lost both Gs this offseason, we're not the only team with issues on the IOL.

We don't deserve your sense of reasoning, AB81.

I heard they're all getting hurt because of the scheme…

No idea what random said but whatever team you're talking about, I'm sure, hasn't had the injury history this OL has had over the past 6 years.

Even Kyle has recognized it carrying 5-6 backs, 4 TE's and now, 10 OL.

If you can't see that this scheme eats through this group, you're blind.
For starters NY guestimated 550+ passing attempts to 460 rushing. I think a lot of fans would think this actually.

Lol what? I said we will be running the snot out of the ball. I literally just said that in the lance thread. Having 500-550 passing attempts in a 17 week season isn't some crazy number.

no one thinks this is gonna be a Tom Brady throw the ball 720 times. The passing game will evolve and the whole field will be used for sure. that what I said. Kyle also didn't spend 3 1sts on a QB so we could be 29th in the league in passing attempts.

this is the problem with you and me in this thread, you exaggerating things and cherry pick certain comments (leaving out the rest) for narrative pushing purposes.

I wrote down your original projection/guestimate with all of ours at the time.

If you're changing it now, that's cool.

No need for you to take offense to your own projection.
X's and O's is far different than understanding the intricacies of what they actually do to achieve that...hence his comment and expanded comments about them being on an island together, so to speak.

His comment to what? So what you want an OL coach to be the HC? Lol man should have hired Tom Cable

Kyle would talk circles around anyone in here about OL play, I'd love to see half the people in here have a convo with him after all the bad mouthing about our HC. he's put ya'll in your place real quick.

He has MORE than a enough understanding of what a lineman has to do to make HIS plays work. If you're talking about technique, that's not the HCs job to begin with. It's silly to think that's what most HCs do to begin with.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Spotrac isn't a difficult site to navigate. Go to the FA section for 2022 and it will tell ya everyone who's out there

thank you... i will do that... you are a good citizen
No idea what random said but whatever team you're talking about, I'm sure, hasn't had the injury history this OL has had over the past 6 years.

So shouldn't the scheme eat through the Packers and Rams too? Will it eat through the Dolphins this year? Is it already happening with the Jets because Becton got hurt?

Once they activate Verrett I don't see 4 TE's on roster anymore. Already don't have 5 backs.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 1, 2022 at 10:31 AM ]

So shouldn't the scheme eat through the Packers and Rams too? Will it eat through the Dolphins this year? Is it already happening with the Jets because Becton got hurt?

Once they activate Verrett I don't see 4 TE's on roster anymore. Already don't have 5 backs.
yeah so many teams running the same scheme now ..can't just blame ours

No, those are pass centric versions.

PS: I didn't mean any scheme but ours...this scheme HERE...what Kyle puts on these position groups is summed up as, "Trey won't make or break the season."
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 1, 2022 at 10:51 AM ]

PS: I didn't mean any scheme but ours...this scheme HERE...what Kyle puts on these position groups is summed up as, "Trey won't make or break the season."

So 53 rushing attemps over an entire season is the catalyst to every injury? OL don't get hurt pass blocking?

There is zero chance Mike McDaniel makes the Dolphins a passing version of this scheme.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 1, 2022 at 10:53 AM ]

So 53 rushing attemps over an entire season is the catalyst to every injury? OL don't get hurt pass blocking?

There is zero chance Mike McDaniel makes the Dolphins a passing version of this scheme.

Like our injury history, this isn't even debatable, bro.

Kyle puts a ton on his OL, RB's and TE's.

If I were to list the number of OL, RB, and TE's who've taken snaps here in this system d/t injury since Kyle arrived, it would be an insanely long list. It's not like Kyle subs these guys out for poor performance. LOL

If you DON'T think that's scheme (volume/complexity)-related, explain your theory.
Like our injury history, this isn't even debatable, bro.

Kyle puts a ton on his OL, RB's and TE's.

If I were to list the number of OL, RB, and TE's who've taken snaps here in this system d/t injury since Kyle arrived, it would be an insanely long list. It's not like Kyle subs these guys out for poor performance. LOL

If you DON'T think that's scheme (volume/complexity)-related, explain your theory.

Correlation does not equal causation.

So if we tweak the scheme to match the Rams instantly the injuries go away?
Correlation does not equal causation.

So if we tweak the scheme to match the Rams instantly the injuries go away?

Thought all the injuries to the team were related to soft training?
Share 49ersWebzone