There are 253 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Thought all the injuries to the team were related to soft training?

McVay sure trains his guys hard by never playing them.
Kyle just works his players too hard.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This entire season rest's on an undrafted center, and Dan Brunskill, what could go wrong?

no need to hurt yourself, we got Shanny!!

He'll find anyone out there and that'll be more than enough for the Shannanigans !!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Like our injury history, this isn't even debatable, bro.

Kyle puts a ton on his OL, RB's and TE's.

If I were to list the number of OL, RB, and TE's who've taken snaps here in this system d/t injury since Kyle arrived, it would be an insanely long list. It's not like Kyle subs these guys out for poor performance. LOL

If you DON'T think that's scheme (volume/complexity)-related, explain your theory.

Correlation does not equal causation.

So if we tweak the scheme to match the Rams instantly the injuries go away?

So you have no theory. After 6 years.

Just a coincidence, right?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Thought all the injuries to the team were related to soft training?

McVay sure trains his guys hard by never playing them.

Too many unsubstantiated theories out there to keep track of

No theory is better than one that makes no logical sense
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm expecting improvements in the health department, personally. They played *two* preseason games on AstroTurf, and didn't have any significant injuries - I think - Other than Ward. *who's always injured* anyway. They had some hammy pulls and I think Hurst tore a peck or something. But I think that's a good sign for the upcoming season. Last season they had several serious injuries and Jeff Wilson was pretty much out for the season at this time last year, in a sense. Just by this preseason alone, I think they have done an excellent job of increasing team durability via culture and workout ethic (at least I hope so). Poe is a workout warrior, and so is Zakelj, for example.

No more Kentavius Street, Jimmy is a backup now, Kemoco Turay is on the PS vs the 53 (he has a history of injuries), etc... their emphasis on durability, I think is paying off.

Durability is always one hit away from flipping on its head.

Agree. But for now, 49ers are going into the season with their best players available. Verett, Kemoco, Ward, Jimmy, McGlinchy, Kentavius, weren't tabbed to play major roles from the Git Go (or are gone). These players are examples of players with tremendous talent, but substandard durability. We shall see how the current 49ers hold up during the season - HealthWise. I do like the fact that they are pretty much as healthy as they can get going into the start of the regular season. Kyle is learning - durability and love for the game doesn't always show up on an avid film watcher like him. He stayed at 4949 Marie P. Debartolo way mostly this offseason, I think, to get himself away from his scouting and player personnel staff. He let them work. They drafted very well this draft cycle, and I think really drafted some (I think) durable players based on their bio's. We shall see if I'm wrong or not.

So there's a strong longitudinal correlation to this system eating through OL, TE's and RB's but it's not logical enough for you to make a causation or come up with an alternate correlation theory.

Got it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 1, 2022 at 11:55 AM ]

So there's a strong longitudinal correlation to this system eating through OL, TE's and RB's but it's not logical enough for you to make a causation or come up with an alternate correlation theory.

Got it.
we should go through how each of those injuries have happened to really find out
Its obvious we have gone through a lot of O lineman in the past 6 years. But how does it compare to other regimes around the NFL? If we don't have numbers to actually compare than it is nothing more than an assumption that we go through them at a higher rate.

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Its obvious we have gone through a lot of O lineman in the past 6 years. But how does it compare to other regimes around the NFL? If we don't have numbers to actually compare than it is nothing more than an assumption that we go through them at a higher rate.
even if the numbers show no difference .. we should break it down

like TE, do we blame the scheme for Kittles injuries ?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Well Baalke never met an ACL tear he didn't like, and to a certain extent I think that permeated the organization for a while until ShanaLynch decided to get away from that kind of mentality. Gore is the example of a grand slam - injured in college, but never really injured in the Pro's. The front office never has replicated that kind of success since then. Kyle's blind spot, for a long while, was film watching - ironically. He could spot under appreciated talent from the film, but desire, heart, durability, discipline and hunger - just don't appear on film unfortunately. I think he's gotten away from pure film study now, and has - to a certain extent - been successfully dealing with that blind spot.

The theory wasn't in comparison to other teams. It was noting this system here. There's no secret this system here eats through OL, TE's and RB's.

Even QB's. But that's another topic. Haha.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
even if the numbers show no difference .. we should break it down

like TE, do we blame the scheme for Kittles injuries ?

No. But if all the TE's keep getting injured over 6 years, you can start saying there's something going on here. If you don't think it's because of the system, they certainly happen within it so you'd have to come up with a better theory.

The theory wasn't in comparison to other teams. It was noting this system here. There's no secret this system here eats through OL, TE's and RB's.

Even QB's. But that's another topic. Haha.
it is a secret.. could you explain how exactly the scheme injures players ? maybe choose a player and go over it ? i brought up kittle
Share 49ersWebzone