There are 274 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NCommand:
@NCommand, if Brunskill is activated, what does the starting line look like?

Hmmm, I guess that all depends on how McGlinchey is doing with his pain tolerance. If he can go, I think Brunskill is a partially healthy scratch to buy him more time to heal up his hammy. I think he's our 6th man right now but he has to get healthy first.

My perspective is McGlinchey is a play away from being gone. His ability to be healthy this year will dictate what kind of money he'll command, so he's obviously motivated to be healthy, Im just very skeptical of assuming McGlinchey can play any substantial amount this season.

And I guess I agree with you that's he's #6 (first man up) at probably every position.

I hear this! I'm very skeptical he'll even play week 1. I want him to ball out of his mind through a Superbowl win and that's with me knowing there's only a slim chance he'll be back next year for the two reasons you noted (long term health + cost).
Originally posted by Waterbear:
@NCommand, if Brunskill is activated, what does the starting line look like?

LT: Trent Williams
LG: Aaron Banks
C: Jake Brendel
RG: Spencer Burford
RT: Dontae Johnson

Lost it!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Its obvious we have gone through a lot of O lineman in the past 6 years. But how does it compare to other regimes around the NFL? If we don't have numbers to actually compare than it is nothing more than an assumption that we go through them at a higher rate.

The theory wasn't in comparison to other teams. It was noting this system here. There's no secret this system here eats through OL, TE's and RB's.

Even QB's. But that's another topic. Haha.

We have had the same #1 TE since the beginning of the Kyle Shanahan era. Are you really arguing about numbers 2's who don't see a lot of playing time?

As far as RB's, I would argue that no other system in the NFL has proven to get as much production from UDRFA RB's than Kyle. Who cares if they only last 1-2 seasons? They are cheap and seem to be a dime a dozen for this system.

When it comes to OL, it would be disingenuous to diminish the importance of comparing the rate of turnover with this team/system and other teams/systems.

No, I'm theorizing the volume of players used to execute and get through a season at those 3 positions over the past 6 years is incredibly large. That speaks to volume and complexity within the system. What, how and how much can = more risk of injury. You obviously see that now with OL but you can't with RB and TE and by default "the offensive system?" Or philosophy within it?

Incredibly large compared to what? What have I obviously seen now with the OL? I see players get hurt every Sunday. No team is immune. You know damn well I can be persuaded to take another stance. If you have actual numbers to compare than I would be inclined to side with you if your argument was proven by statistical analysis.

Your own quote.

Its obvious we have gone through a lot of O lineman in the past 6 years.

Compared to what though? Its relevant to know whether its excessive or in line with the rest of the league. I could say $1000.00 is a lot of money but compared to someone who makes 200k+ a year, it might just be a normal weekend with the boys.

If you feel the need to compare our system and injuries to others, you're welcomed too. The Rams run a pass centric version of Kyle's offense and they are annually the #1 healthiest team in the league. My theory was never comparing us to others.

Like injuries, it's recognizing what happens here annually in this system and protecting yourself for the inevitable. Kyle is getting it. It doesn't sound like our fans are there quite yet?

You can also look across the league to see who carries 10 OL (only need to carry 8 active on game days and that includes call ups from the PS), 4-6 RB's + FB and 3-4 TE's in volume combination.

Kyle chooses the 53 and he's telling you how he's going to play it and how much he needs to make it through the year doing it.

Pass centric started last year with stafford. Let's use 2020 as a point of reference when the niners were decimated
Niners-537 passing attempts and 430 rushing attempts
Rams-548 passing attempts and 388 rushing attempts
I am dying to hear an update on MM.

Haha. John is "hopeful."
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Its obvious we have gone through a lot of O lineman in the past 6 years. But how does it compare to other regimes around the NFL? If we don't have numbers to actually compare than it is nothing more than an assumption that we go through them at a higher rate.

The theory wasn't in comparison to other teams. It was noting this system here. There's no secret this system here eats through OL, TE's and RB's.

We have had the same #1 TE since the beginning of the Kyle Shanahan era. Are you really arguing about numbers 2's who don't see a lot of playing time?

As far as RB's, I would argue that no other system in the NFL has proven to get as much production from UDRFA RB's than Kyle. Who cares if they only last 1-2 seasons? They are cheap and seem to be a dime a dozen for this system.

When it comes to OL, it would be disingenuous to diminish the importance of comparing the rate of turnover with this team/system and other teams/systems.

No, I'm theorizing the volume of players used to execute and get through a season at those 3 positions over the past 6 years is incredibly large. That speaks to volume and complexity within the system. What, how and how much can = more risk of injury. You obviously see that now with OL but you can't with RB and TE and by default "the offensive system?" Or philosophy within it?

Incredibly large compared to what? What have I obviously seen now with the OL? I see players get hurt every Sunday. No team is immune. You know damn well I can be persuaded to take another stance. If you have actual numbers to compare than I would be inclined to side with you if your argument was proven by statistical analysis.

Your own quote.

Compared to what though? Its relevant to know whether its excessive or in line with the rest of the league. I could say $1000.00 is a lot of money but compared to someone who makes 200k+ a year, it might just be a normal weekend with the boys.

If you feel the need to compare our system and injuries to others, you're welcomed too. The Rams run a pass centric version of Kyle's offense and they are annually the #1 healthiest team in the league. My theory was never comparing us to others.

Like injuries, it's recognizing what happens here annually in this system and protecting yourself for the inevitable. Kyle is getting it. It doesn't sound like our fans are there quite yet?

You can also look across the league to see who carries 10 OL (only need to carry 8 active on game days and that includes call ups from the PS), 4-6 RB's + FB and 3-4 TE's in volume combination.

Kyle chooses the 53 and he's telling you how he's going to play it and how much he needs to make it through the year doing it.

Pass centric started last year with stafford. Let's use 2020 as a point of reference when the niners were decimated

Sure. They were #1 in health and we were 29th.

For whatever reason, volume+complexity+reliance (my theory) = eating through those positions Kyle leans on heavily in his system.

So why do you think they consistently have less injuries to those positions than us despite running the same system?
You can go through and see TEs have not been churned through due to system.
As far as the OL and RB, again you would need to go through how each of these injuries occurred to prove it is scheme related. And yes using other teams schemes as a pint of reference absolutely factors into this.
Does offensive scheme also carry over to injuries to the rest of the team that are not on offensive side?
Again, you have too many theories out there presented as fact. I've seen you say on various occasions it's player training or medical staff or Kyle and soft practices or injury prone players or even the DJs fault lol.

How is a theory a fact?

Like I said, you have your own license to come to your own conclusions as well. I manage the injury thread so this theory didn't come out of nowhere. It's just something I've noticed...Kyle as well, obviously.

I did, I went in and disproved the TE piece. But as others said, the onus is on you. I'm genuinely curious how this scheme churns through players
In the injury thread you've said it's a litany of reasons depending on the day, as stated above. I think that's some of where the confusion stems from

Your own quote.

For whatever reason, volume+complexity+reliance (my theory) = eating through those positions Kyle leans on heavily in his system.

So why do you think they consistently have less injuries to those positions than us despite running the same system?

Lol how would I know? I just gave you an example of a year they were passing/running essentially the same with a similar scheme and the rams didn't get injured, so that would seem to disprove your scheme theory

Good to see MM still practicing . Fingers crossed

I know…

I know…

For sure!

I know…

For sure!
practice is over now, time for IR

the system was just too much
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 1, 2022 at 2:31 PM ]

Your own quote.

Lol how would I know? I just gave you an example of a year they were passing/running essentially the same with a similar scheme and the rams didn't get injured, so that would seem to disprove your scheme theory

I said numerous times, the scheme/philosophy HERE.

If YOU want to figure out why our scheme eats through these positions in our scheme by using other teams as a reference, I'm all for it.

I'm simply giving you the end results...and not ignoring them.

I know…

For sure!

if he lasts one quarter vs the Bears it will be beyond all of our expectations
Share 49ersWebzone