Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wrote down your original projection/guestimate with all of ours at the time.

If you're changing it now, that's cool.

No need for you to take offense to your own projection.

And tossing out 500-550 passing attempts is still bottom of the league lol. We had 515 passing attempts last yr. Having 550 passing attempts would put them 20th in the league in passing. There's nothing to change dude. It's still not some high end passing stats if they throw 550 times next yr.

LOL. You're debating with yourself here. Literally.

But 550 to 450 IS pass-centric...for us.

No you are lol. You're talking about 550 passing attempts like it's some massive number, but if you go look at passing attempts last yr it's not….and they had 515 passing attempts not 450. Use the correct numbers dude.

This is hilarious. 808 asked who in here thought we'd become pass centric now with Trey (e.g. higher than what we've typically been doing). I noted of the group, who made predictions (for fun), you had the highest by far. It sounds like you're readjusting down after seeing we're keeping 10 OL, 5 RB's and 4 TE's. You're getting all worked up over your own prediction and a non-story.

No you again make everything dramatic and over the top.

No I'm saying what I've been saying in here…you just choose to make stuff up. We threw more than ran it last yr. Fact. We did not pass the ball 450x like you said….We spent 3 1sts on a QB, so any objective person would assume they will probably throw the ball a little more. Whether it's this yr or a yr from now. I don't see how that some wild thing to say. I NEVER stated we'd be a Brady in TB type offense. I have said we will run the ball as much as we can…also tossing out dumb hypotheticals like passing attempts is silly. Its all related to how the team is doing game to game. Nick Mullens in his 8 starts in 2018 was avg almost 35 passing attempts a game…over a 17 week season that's almost 590 passing attempts…why is that? Because we weren't a good football team and he HAD to throw the ball.

so if you're gonna toss my name out there at least add the whole context of the convo. Thanks

What are you babbling about now? You're all over the place.

What's your new prediction. 550 down to what?

YAC smartly adjusted his down too recently from 530/485 to 50/50.

I'll stick to my original: 500 Rushing Attempts & 515 Passing Attempts.

Nope I'm f**king consistent in my stance. You're the one tossing my name out for no damn reason…dramatizing my take. Only one babbling in this thread (for yrs) is you.

I don't care about predications…it's a stupid thing to qualify RIGHT NOW. s**t changes based on injuries and how everyone else plays. Like I said look at Nick Mullens numbers in 2018.

In a perfect world every team would love to run the ball 600 times because that means they're winning the majority of every game. We ALL know Kyle's offense is based on OZ/PA that's the backbone of it. Spending up for a QB means he wants a little more…like having the ability to use the whole field and yeah probably not being last in the league in passing attempts.

You think Kyle wouldn't love every game to be like the 2019 playoffs? I do. If we passed 8-10x a game and ran for over 7 YPA every game Kyle would be ecstatic.

Trey can run, Kyle has talked umpteen million times about Trey adding to the run game by forcing 11 on 11 football, we kept 4 TE's, 5 RB's 10 OL and Deebo is still gonna play wideback with only 5 WR's. If that doesn't scream, "were gonna run the ball 60x a game" I don't know what does, lol.

NC once again has greatly embellished my points to try and push some weird correlation about scheme injuries.

LOL. Wut? These are literally 2 different topics.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I always enjoy the NC vs NY85 debates. I think my IQ went up a couple of points. I'm hovering just above zero now.

Yeah, NC and NY are like a box of chocolate...you never know what you'll get.

And tossing out 500-550 passing attempts is still bottom of the league lol. We had 515 passing attempts last yr. Having 550 passing attempts would put them 20th in the league in passing. There's nothing to change dude. It's still not some high end passing stats if they throw 550 times next yr.

No you are lol. You're talking about 550 passing attempts like it's some massive number, but if you go look at passing attempts last yr it's not….and they had 515 passing attempts not 450. Use the correct numbers dude.

This is hilarious. 808 asked who in here thought we'd become pass centric now with Trey (e.g. higher than what we've typically been doing). I noted of the group, who made predictions (for fun), you had the highest by far. It sounds like you're readjusting down after seeing we're keeping 10 OL, 5 RB's and 4 TE's. You're getting all worked up over your own prediction and a non-story.

No I'm saying what I've been saying in here…you just choose to make stuff up. We threw more than ran it last yr. Fact. We did not pass the ball 450x like you said….We spent 3 1sts on a QB, so any objective person would assume they will probably throw the ball a little more. Whether it's this yr or a yr from now. I don't see how that some wild thing to say. I NEVER stated we'd be a Brady in TB type offense. I have said we will run the ball as much as we can…also tossing out dumb hypotheticals like passing attempts is silly. Its all related to how the team is doing game to game. Nick Mullens in his 8 starts in 2018 was avg almost 35 passing attempts a game…over a 17 week season that's almost 590 passing attempts…why is that? Because we weren't a good football team and he HAD to throw the ball.

so if you're gonna toss my name out there at least add the whole context of the convo. Thanks

Nope I'm f**king consistent in my stance. You're the one tossing my name out for no damn reason…dramatizing my take. Only one babbling in this thread (for yrs) is you.

I don't care about predications…it's a stupid thing to qualify RIGHT NOW. s**t changes based on injuries and how everyone else plays. Like I said look at Nick Mullens numbers in 2018.

In a perfect world every team would love to run the ball 600 times because that means they're winning the majority of every game. We ALL know Kyle's offense is based on OZ/PA that's the backbone of it. Spending up for a QB means he wants a little more…like having the ability to use the whole field and yeah probably not being last in the league in passing attempts.

NY makes a prediction (for fun).

"I don't care about predications" - NY85

Gets all worked up over his own prediction . That's NY.

I can't wait to see his PYMWYMI prediction.

No I get worked up when you toss my name out there for no reason and make stuff up.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

You think Kyle wouldn't love every game to be like the 2019 playoffs? I do. If we passed 8-10x a game and ran for over 7 YPA every game Kyle would be ecstatic.

Trey can run, Kyle has talked umpteen million times about Trey adding to the run game by forcing 11 on 11 football, we kept 4 TE's, 5 RB's 10 OL and Deebo is still gonna play wideback with only 5 WR's. If that doesn't scream, "were gonna run the ball 60x a game" I don't know what does, lol.

NC once again has greatly embellished my points to try and push some weird correlation about scheme injuries.

LOL. Wut? These are literally 2 different topics.

Lol no they're not….you talk about carrying extra players because this scheme gets players injured more than others. Stop it
Originally posted by Giedi:
I always enjoy the NC vs NY85 debates. I think my IQ went up a couple of points. I'm hovering just above zero now.

Conversations use to be much better…now he's wearing a tin foil hat talking about schemes as the reason players get hurt. Zero correlation and he won't back off that stance regardless.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 3, 2022 at 9:37 AM ]
My Saturday mornings. Make a cup of coffee, watch baby shark with my baby girl and go into the OL thread and read the silliness.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
HERE.

As to other teams, do they have regular annual OL injuries within a consistent scheme? Have they used 32 unique OL in 5 years as a result? Now carry 10 OL, 4-6 Backs and 4 TE's to compensate for this trend to carry out their run-centric philosophy?

You should stop

No surprise he didn't go do his research.

Maybe you could. LOL

Or I could just wait and let YAC do all the leg work like you do lol

Oh yeah, I've never done leg work on PP concerns and injuries before. LOL.

You're conflating unsubstantiated theories with actual research and knowledge
My Saturday mornings. Make a cup of coffee, watch baby shark with my baby girl and go into the OL thread and read the silliness.

f**k baby shark
Anyway I think now that preseason is done we saw some good and bad. Burford has a chance to be a quality RG. Banks has improved but I question his fit still. Center is still a ? And McG's health is a ? Imo they didn't really plan this out as well as you'd want for a young QB…we will see I guess.

f**k baby shark

Lol tell that to my daughter

Scientific method need not apply.
No I get worked up when you toss my name out there for no reason and make stuff up.

Make stuff up? LOL
Lol no they're not….you talk about carrying extra players because this scheme gets players injured more than others. Stop it

Reading is hard.

One topic was my theory/discussion topic. The other was from 808 on who thought we'd pass more. You morphed about a dozen topics into one in your big overcaffinated NY brain.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2022 at 9:55 AM ]
HERE.

As to other teams, do they have regular annual OL injuries within a consistent scheme? Have they used 32 unique OL in 5 years as a result? Now carry 10 OL, 4-6 Backs and 4 TE's to compensate for this trend to carry out their run-centric philosophy?

You should stop

No surprise he didn't go do his research.

Maybe you could. LOL

Or I could just wait and let YAC do all the leg work like you do lol

Oh yeah, I've never done leg work on PP concerns and injuries before. LOL.

So we have known factual outcomes (e.g. large volume of unique players used at those positions) and work back to a theory on why that may be. Weird.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Scientific method need not apply.

Than show me a scientific one. I'll wait.
Share 49ersWebzone