Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
His reasonable take is what I found unsettling 🤣

Must be icy in hell today.

LOL. How do you feel about those DB's?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wait and see as always. Concerned for sure.

Wait and see as always. Concerned for sure.

Really? Why?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Really? Why?

No Ward with big questions for Moore and Hufanga. Never been sold on Moseley.

I need to see it before I buy in. If that's all people said in this thread it'd be much shorter.
Gonna give this unit some time. The new G's got a ton of snaps in pre season and in pre season games...saw some flashes and ups/downs on technique in both RB and PP. Brendel seemed the most steady by far. RT is a massive mystery right now and I don't know how the chemistry is with Banks and TW. Overall it doesn't feel like the starting 5 got much time together at all especially in working with Trey as the signal caller and the mobility he brings to the table and how they'll need to block for him instinctually.

Normally I have a really good feel for their RB ability which is what Kyle wants to lean on heavily. Naturally. But there's more film now on how to minimize the OZ...so Kyle plans to go more IZ, power, gap, pulling, etc.

In short, the new RB is as big of an unknown (effectiveness) as the new personnel. And then when we're in 2nd and 3rd and long, we'll all be watching the PP closely to see how it affects Trey and the timing of our offense.

It's going to take a good 6-8 weeks (with health and continuity) before we start to see the OL's ceiling/ability to get an idea what level the OL could be come playoff time.

Be patient.

Unfortunately asking for patience is a bridge too far for some fans.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Gonna give this unit some time. The new G's got a ton of snaps in pre season and in pre season games...saw some flashes and ups/downs on technique in both RB and PP. Brendel seemed the most steady by far. RT is a massive mystery right now and I don't know how the chemistry is with Banks and TW. Overall it doesn't feel like the starting 5 got much time together at all especially in working with Trey as the signal caller and the mobility he brings to the table and how they'll need to block for him instinctually.

Normally I have a really good feel for their RB ability which is what Kyle wants to lean on heavily. Naturally. But there's more film now on how to minimize the OZ...so Kyle plans to go more IZ, power, gap, pulling, etc.

In short, the new RB is as big of an unknown (effectiveness) as the new personnel. And then when we're in 2nd and 3rd and long, we'll all be watching the PP closely to see how it affects Trey and the timing of our offense.

It's going to take a good 6-8 weeks (with health and continuity) before we start to see the OL's ceiling/ability to get an idea what level the OL could be come playoff time.

Be patient.

I mean, some have waited years in here so what's 8 more games?

Personally, I'm more worried with OL6 & OL7 as that's who we usually end up with going into the playoffs. Those dudes need to be at least competent and not s**t the bed in the playoffs.
"Waited years" after being a play away from 2 SB births in 3 years.

Ask the Detroit Lions' fanbase what "waiting years" really feels like,...lol.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 5, 2022 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I have to slightly disagree here. He was absolutely more pass-oriented when he had Matt Ryan and that was one the big criticisms with their SB loss to the Pats; too much passing towards the end of the game and not enough time off the clock.

But I think I hear what you're saying YAC - pass-centric vs pass-oriented.

Atlanta was 26th in passing attempts the year they lost the superbowl. Shanahan teams aren't ever going to be high up in passing attempts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Be patient.

I mean, some have waited years in here so what's 8 more games?

Personally, I'm more worried with OL6 & OL7 as that's who we usually end up with going into the playoffs. Those dudes need to be at least competent and not s**t the bed in the playoffs.

Assuming OL6 is Brunskill, and OL7 is McKivitz i think I'm confident going into the season with that. If its Hance or Moore - I'm a little bit more concerned. Also note that they have Jimmy as potential trade bait for young talented Right Tackle, up till Halloween.

Be patient.

???? Very reasonable post, NC. I like it.

I don't. It's very unsettling

I was stating his take was reasonable, not the state of the O line.

LOL.
Not NCs fault. He always needs a few steps first to run with the big dogs
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 5, 2022 at 7:44 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Be patient.

???? Very reasonable post, NC. I like it.

I don't. It's very unsettling

I was stating his take was reasonable, not the state of the O line.

LOL.

if NC was a doggie - I think he'd be a Saint Bernard.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
if NC was a doggie - I think he'd be a Saint Bernard.
Posts by random49er are being hidden

What I see in here.

What is going on in here???
Really? Why?

No Ward with big questions for Moore and Hufanga. Never been sold on Moseley.

I need to see it before I buy in. If that's all people said in this thread it'd be much shorter.

The coaches must have a strong level of confidence in Hufanga or else they would have brought back Tartt. Moore does look like a liability in one on one coverage as was displayed in pre season. As far as Moseley, you should listen to Johnnydel talk about the CB situation when he was a guest on John Chapman's youtube channel. C. Ward is now our press man coverage CB. Mosely will play on the otherside where he will mostly be playing zone. At least that is what I got out of conversation anyway.
  • thl408
The running game is going to be a question mark. I think we assume that the rushing attack will be good as always since it's the backbone of the offense, but three new interior linemen means uncertainty when it comes to how well they can open up running lanes. McDaniels leaving and Anthony Lynn taking over just throws another question into the mix.
Originally posted by thl408:
The running game is going to be a question mark. I think we assume that the rushing attack will be good as always since it's the backbone of the offense, but three new interior linemen means uncertainty when it comes to how well they can open up running lanes. McDaniels leaving and Anthony Lynn taking over just throws another question into the mix.

Hopefully the keeper option will offset the loses.
Share 49ersWebzone