There are 218 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
The running game is going to be a question mark. I think we assume that the rushing attack will be good as always since it's the backbone of the offense, but three new interior linemen means uncertainty when it comes to how well they can open up running lanes. McDaniels leaving and Anthony Lynn taking over just throws another question into the mix.
yup. we all just ASSUME run blocking will be good. if it is not.. well.. that is just not good.. maybe we can over come a below average game from trey due to weather sunday or whatever... cuz we can run it so well.. but if that struggles.. well.. we are in very very serious trouble since that is our identity
Originally posted by cciowa:
The running game is going to be a question mark. I think we assume that the rushing attack will be good as always since it's the backbone of the offense, but three new interior linemen means uncertainty when it comes to how well they can open up running lanes. McDaniels leaving and Anthony Lynn taking over just throws another question into the mix.
yup. we all just ASSUME run blocking will be good. if it is not.. well.. that is just not good.. maybe we can over come a below average game from trey due to weather sunday or whatever... cuz we can run it so well.. but if that struggles.. well.. we are in very very serious trouble since that is our identity

We need an identity change I'll take my chances with Deebo, BA, Kittle, the ball in their hands over Mason, TDP, Mitchell.. no offense to our RBs.. but our pass catchers are insane. KS schemes those guys open. This is simple stuff.. can you do it. TL can. Get the ball to our best playmakers let them work. As shown on the broadcast vs GB look at the Gray TD.. TL didn't need much time he's putting the ball up.. letting Danny run under it.
Yea this unit scares me
The run blocking will round into shape as the year goes on. I think how well Lance progresses as a passer will impact the oline the most. Good teams will force us to throw until he proves they need to stop him and sell out against the run on defense.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The run blocking will round into shape as the year goes on. I think how well Lance progresses as a passer will impact the oline the most. Good teams will force us to throw until he proves they need to stop him and sell out against the run on defense.

This is how I see it. When ppl think our identity.. they think run the ball.. play physical. Teams know we have that club in our bag, and with an inexperienced QB they will dare him to throw, which is why we probably need to lean into the pass to start the season, back them off the LOS, unless we want to be running into a brick wall.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This is how I see it. When ppl think our identity.. they think run the ball.. play physical. Teams know we have that club in our bag, and with an inexperienced QB they will dare him to throw, which is why we probably need to lean into the pass to start the season, back them off the LOS, unless we want to be running into a brick wall.

Hard for Lance to round into shape when the pass pro will have him running for his life.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Hard for Lance to round into shape when the pass pro will have him running for his life.

We have Trent Williams we will be fine. You could probably have 4 sacks filled with potatoes out there with Trent and it would be an okay OL. BA, Kittle, Deebo all win on routes pretty quick. I don't buy the doom and gloom. NFL.com has us #3 in the power ranks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
We have Trent Williams we will be fine. You could probably have 4 sacks filled with potatoes out there with Trent and it would be an okay OL. BA, Kittle, Deebo all win on routes pretty quick. I don't buy the doom and gloom. NFL.com has us #3 in the power ranks

trent can not play all spots on the line!

trent can not play all spots on the line!

This is the Bay Area there has to be a cloning tech startup firm around here somewhere

He's right. The running game really dropped off in 4Q IIRC and fell off a cliff in the playoffs.

But now it's a whole new philosophy, personnel, rookie QB to run blitz on, etc.

I'm definitely not going to assume it'll be effective esp. right away. I'll give it some time.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 6, 2022 at 10:52 AM ]

Originally posted by NCommand:

He's right. The running game really dropped off in 4Q IIRC and fell off a cliff in the playoffs.

I'm definitely not going to assume it'll be effective esp. right away. I'll give it some time.
Teams won't be selling out for the run like they did in that 4th qtr. Too early in the season to do that
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Teams won't be selling out for the run like they did in that 4th qtr. Too early in the season to do that

They'll run blitz on the way to the QB. That's my best guess.

Against a first year starter QB and a KS run game, I expect CHI to play run until TL shows you have to do otherwise. Once TL hits the deep stuff, everything opens up. If they play deep right off the bat and give him the Mahomes treatment, we can run all day.. I doubt they do that until TL shows it.

going to leave a lot of space in those holes. Lance just cannot hesitate in those situations

going to leave a lot of space in those holes. Lance just cannot hesitate in those situations

Yeah, the flip side is Trey might have some huge opportunities to make them pay and start backing them off but initially, I'd expect every defense to bring the heat early and often.
Share 49ersWebzone