LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 221 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Rams center is out 4 weeks getting ankle surgery…report is it's scheme related

What about that guy Noteboom? More like Notebust. Am I right?
and not prioritizing OL for 9 years

Stafford is done!

Yeah somehow the #1 healthiest team isn't in the same ballpark as the #31.

But maybe it's starting! LOL
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Add to it that the ONLY O lineman the Rams have drafted over the past 2 seasons was a 3rd rounder this year on a guard who tore his ACL and MCL in week 2 of the pre-season.

We've drafted 4 over that time.

Are you suggesting the 9ers have prioritized the O line more than the Rams have the last 2 seasons?

you can prioritize the hell out of something and still suck at it.

you can also take a half-hearted swing at something and knock it out of the park.

Lately they have done one thing, and we the other. Though from what I was able to catch of the game last night, that may not be as true as I thought.....

Sooooo true.

Like the RB position. No need to spend two 3rd round picks on RB's (prioritizing), which is like a first round pick these days, if you're going to carry 4-5 RB's and get elite production out of 5th-UDFA's. Esp. after its been proven every single year (trend).

PS: Rams went from having the #1 OL last year to middle of the pack in one off season. You can't do that with a classic pocket passer IMHO and expect to win a chip.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 9, 2022 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

We now see why there were numerous teams trying to entice Andrew Whitworth to play one more year for them. AW was a stud. Underrated by some. Real gentleman as well. (I hate to give props to a Ram but he was an exception.)
Originally posted by dj43:

We now see why there were numerous teams trying to entice Andrew Whitworth to play one more year for them. AW was a stud. Underrated by some. Real gentleman as well. (I hate to give props to a Ram but he was an exception.)

He really was a stud...great dude.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Meh. f**k him for that Staley s**t. Lost respect for him after that
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Oh? I missed that. What happened?

Me 2, not sure what happened.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Good natured, harmless trash talk and he takes it to this level
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/31/rams-andrew-whitworth-joe-staley-49ers-troll-tweet/

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Good natured, harmless trash talk and he takes it to this level
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/31/rams-andrew-whitworth-joe-staley-49ers-troll-tweet/

Oh.

Sooooo true.

Like the RB position. No need to spend two 3rd round picks on RB's (prioritizing), which is like a first round pick these days, if you're going to carry 4-5 RB's and get elite production out of 5th-UDFA's. Esp. after its been proven every single year (trend).

PS: Rams went from having the #1 OL last year to middle of the pack in one off season. You can't do that with a classic pocket passer IMHO and expect to win a chip.

All that building for nothing.

Smh.
Add to it that the ONLY O lineman the Rams have drafted over the past 2 seasons was a 3rd rounder this year on a guard who tore his ACL and MCL in week 2 of the pre-season.

Are you suggesting the 9ers have prioritized the O line more than the Rams have the last 2 seasons?

you can also take a half-hearted swing at something and knock it out of the park.

Lately they have done one thing, and we the other. Though from what I was able to catch of the game last night, that may not be as true as I thought.....

Sooooo true.

I don't think you can do it with a non-classic pocket passer. That was Russel Wilson's reason for leaving SEA, they hadn't taken care of the OL for YEARS. When they won the SB they had a really good OL, then it was garbage.

Sooooo true.

I don't think you can do it with a non-classic pocket passer. That was Russel Wilson's reason for leaving SEA, they hadn't taken care of the OL for YEARS. When they won the SB they had a really good OL, then it was garbage.

This is true too. Mobile, immobile, it doesn't matter in the end. You gotta protect these guys and give them the best chance to succeed possibly.
Share 49ersWebzone