LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 221 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I remember the good old days when it was all about sacks. Then it shifted to QB hits. Now it's shifted to pressure rates

You can't have hits and sacks without pressures first.

This is why sacks by players don't carry much weight as they are wildly inconsistent year to year. Pressure rate is a far more consistent metric used for evaluating pass rushers. Everybody knows this.

Haha. OK.

It all matters in the end as it effects the QB's play.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Excited to finally watch this oline grow with each & every game this season. Hopefully as they get more comfortable with each other we will see drastic improvements throughout each & every game. By mid year this line could become a very good one for Trey Lance & this offense!

For sure!

I'll be watching for:
1. Health at RT
2. Who'll be active as the backup C
3. Consistently at both G spots
4. Brendel and his pre snap protection calls

Anything you guys will be specifically watching for?

2. Hance it is
#NoInjuries
#NoLimping
#NoDefefectiveKneeBraces

Wasn't a great performance
Originally posted by lamontb:

McGlinchy looked bad. Pressures, couldn't block LBs on runs. Mediocre at best. Is this his last year on his contract?
Aaron Banks and MM are very similar in how the they struggle with DE's and DT's with any kind of lateral quickness. If they lose early it's going to be a quick pressure because they can't recover with high pad level.

I think Banks is gonna struggle this year and our RT spot is the biggest concern of any position.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
The Rams oline looks worse than ours

Just wait until Sunday.

I was right apparently.
Banks was putrid. Consistently got beat like a drum.
Originally posted by Koldo:
I was right apparently.

Not even remotely close.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by lamontb:

McGlinchy looked bad. Pressures, couldn't block LBs on runs. Mediocre at best. Is this his last year on his contract?
Unreal. I think we need to try Moore out at RT asap.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Aaron Banks and MM are very similar in how the they struggle with DE's and DT's with any kind of lateral quickness. If they lose early it's going to be a quick pressure because they can't recover with high pad level.

I think Banks is gonna struggle this year and our RT spot is the biggest concern of any position.

I hope banks can bounce back. Otherwise it's Littleskill at LG... ooof

It's insane this was our main concern and it's showing true.

The oline was terrible today. It's going to be interesting to see pff's grade on these guys.

I feel like we only have 1 starter in Williams. The rest seem pretty bad. Pressure was coming through the middle and right side all day. Without rewatching the game, I thought Mcglinchey and Banks were the worse. Brendel was the next bad one I noticed after those 2.
After this long we should not have problems like this. We need somebody that can objectively evaluate the roster and make these picks regardless of what Shanny thinks he wants.
Didn't watch the game yet. How was Brendal?
They are going to have to roll with MM at RT all season. I really don't see any replacements on the roster. Burford seemed ok but he did have 2 penalties. Banks and MM were the worst. Even TW seemed a bit off in the 2nd half.
The only player I didn't notice get destroyed was Brendel. Trent Williams even gave up some pressures off the edge
Share 49ersWebzone