LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Banks was the worst in pass protection it seemed.
this was as bad as i've seen our OL play since probably the chip kelly days. And we were playing against a pretty pedestrian DL. What do you think will happen against a good DL? They better figure it out fast or this will be a long season.
I found it amusing when in the second half the announcers said something like, "the bears seem to have found a weak spot on the line between the gaurds and center." When I heard it, my thought was... no s**t. All the bears had to do was come on this forum and they would have seen we talked about it all off-season. This team is in serious trouble if this line doesn't pick it up quick.
Originally posted by Butter:
Didn't watch the game yet. How was Brendal?

Dont waste your time. Erase and move on to next week.
Originally posted by steiber:
I found it amusing when in the second half the announcers said something like, "the bears seem to have found a weak spot on the line between the gaurds and center." When I heard it, my thought was... no s**t. All the bears had to do was come on this forum and they would have seen we talked about it all off-season. This team is in serious trouble if this line doesn't pick it up quick.

I remember that too. On that play, Banks lost his balance and almost fell over.
Niners ain't winning the Bowl with this horrendous Oline. All the other pieces are there except for one key unit. Banks/Burford/McGlinchey are all liabilities so unless they move some pieces around N trade for a quality RT Niners are f**ked!!!
No worries we will get more D-line help next offeason.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
it was even worse than we all imagined. 35% pressure rate on zero blitzes.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Attended the game today and here are some things about the OL me and others noticed:

- Sloppy execution in pass pro, it wasn't just a couple folks but pressure seemed to be a problem the entire group save Trent struggled to manage. Trey literally couldn't "step up" in the pocket because there was no where for him to go. His linemen weren't good at getting any push or guiding defenders and creating lanes for him to stup up.

- 3 False Starts at the worst time in the game killed drives.

- It's crystal clear they don't trust Banks even as a run blocker. Most of the 49er runs went right.

- Despite pass-pro being meh, that's not what lost us the game at all.

- RB talent matters for this OL. They're not good enough to create lanes you or I could run through, but the game absolutely changed once Mitchell came out.
Game was in mud. We all know these games make a terrible game

This is the worst OL in the league.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Attended the game today and here are some things about the OL me and others noticed:

- Sloppy execution in pass pro, it wasn't just a couple folks but pressure seemed to be a problem the entire group save Trent struggled to manage. Trey literally couldn't "step up" in the pocket because there was no where for him to go. His linemen weren't good at getting any push or guiding defenders and creating lanes for him to stup up.

- It's crystal clear they don't trust Banks even as a run blocker. Most of the 49er runs went right.

- RB talent matters for this OL. They're not good enough to create lanes you or I could run through, but the game absolutely changed once Mitchell came out.

No it wasn't. I was there. The field was wet and water logged but it wasn't mud. This simply isn't true. Also Bears weren't that bad in their protection of Fields in certain situations. Like I said, I was there.

Also...

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner

#Bears did not blitz #49ers QB Trey Lance on any of his 34 dropbacks Sunday. Lance is the 7th QB in the last 15 seasons to drop back to pass 30+ times and not face a blitz. Quarterbacks in those situations are 1-6.

4:43 PM · Sep 11, 2022·Twitter Web App
Lol you weren't on the field

in doesn't matter if they didn't blitz, these conditions make a terrible game. You should know this

No it wasn't. I was there. The field was wet and water logged but it wasn't mud. This simply isn't true. Also Bears weren't that bad in their protection of Fields in certain situations. Like I said, I was there.

Also...

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner

#Bears did not blitz #49ers QB Trey Lance on any of his 34 dropbacks Sunday. Lance is the 7th QB in the last 15 seasons to drop back to pass 30+ times and not face a blitz. Quarterbacks in those situations are 1-6.

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner
2h
Replying to @nwagoner

Despite the lack of Bears blitzes, Lance was pressured 12 times. He was 1-of-7 for -2 yards on those drop backs and took two sacks with three scrambles for positive yards.

So I guess the "Trey will transcend and make the OL better" theory got tested.

This is a great performance by 9ers4eva standards.

Also...

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner

Lol you weren't on the field

in doesn't matter if they didn't blitz, these conditions make a terrible game. You should know this

I was 10 feet from the field. I've seen football fields before in real life. I've even seen them in the rain. The conditions weren't always horrible. What part of "I was there" don't you understand?
Stop, lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is a great performance by 9ers4eva standards.

Wasn't great but wasn't as bad as people are making it out. McGlinchey was the weak link and he's concerning for sure. Brunskill needs to be ready at RT.

Trey hits Kroft for a td and it's a different game too. Can't have those misses.

I will say we can't be stuck with Wilson all game. He was way too slow today. Game changed once Eli got hurt.

Kyle was too conservative and the defense beat themselves.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 11, 2022 at 5:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone