49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is fun. Weren't we built around the DL? Ha
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Comical

PFF has Aaron Banks as the 10th highest graded OG 78.2 in PBLK and 70.4 in RBLK. Burford is the 15th overall graded OG 87.8 in PBLK 👀 and 63.4 in RBLK. He has the #2nd highest rated PBLK grade.

issue is center 🤮 Brendel is the 25th ranked center with a 48.9 PBLK grade and 57.2 RBLK grade. You know who has the 2nd worse PBLK grade? NC's boy Frank Ragnow. 25.5 lol. He got destroyed by Jordan Davis.

big Trent and Mitch both are top 15 overall with solid grades.

Lol at Frank Ragnow being my guy. Funny guy.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 13, 2022 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol don't act like you didn't say you would rather have him vs Aaron Donald. Cause ya did

Comical

PFF has Aaron Banks as the 10th highest graded OG 78.2 in PBLK and 70.4 in RBLK. Burford is the 15th overall graded OG 87.8 in PBLK 👀 and 63.4 in RBLK. He has the #2nd highest rated PBLK grade.

issue is center 🤮 Brendel is the 25th ranked center with a 48.9 PBLK grade and 57.2 RBLK grade. You know who has the 2nd worse PBLK grade? NC's boy Frank Ragnow. 25.5 lol. He got destroyed by Jordan Davis.

A few things. 1 the Bears D line isn't good a ex receiver is their starting edge rusher and beat MM easily for a sack. 2 the state of offensive lines in general are garbage but I think you have said that before just wanna reiterate. 3 I can't stand pff as it doesn't accurately portray how the game looked. Trey had people pushed into his pocket constantly but we had a good o line? Gimme a break
A few things. 1 the Bears D line isn't good a ex receiver is their starting edge rusher and beat MM easily for a sack. 2 the state of offensive lines in general are garbage but I think you have said that before just wanna reiterate. 3 I can't stand pff as it doesn't accurately portray how the game looked. Trey had people pushed into his pocket constantly but we had a good o line? Gimme a break

Just posting the numbers. That graph was from ESPN and PFF. I agree, I didn't think they were great either. I've only watched it once (probably not gonna watch it again) I saw that Mitch play as well…don't think he was that bad outside of that play but that's just off memory.

brendel was poop though. Film and numbers back it up for sure. No idea why they thought putting a UDFA who's stunk thus far in his career was a good plan with a young QB and first yr starting OGs. Dumb
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol don't act like you didn't say you would rather have him vs Aaron Donald. Cause ya did

Haha. You're leaving a tad of context out on this one you click-bait master!

Comical

These stats don't pass the eye test at all. trey got pressured 34%. How is that #1 in the NFL? Nothing looked clean, Trey was always crowded. No blitz. I didn't see too many '74 Oakland Raider moments.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Attended the game today and here are some things about the OL me and others noticed:

- Sloppy execution in pass pro, it wasn't just a couple folks but pressure seemed to be a problem the entire group save Trent struggled to manage. Trey literally couldn't "step up" in the pocket because there was no where for him to go. His linemen weren't good at getting any push or guiding defenders and creating lanes for him to stup up.

- 3 False Starts at the worst time in the game killed drives.

- It's crystal clear they don't trust Banks even as a run blocker. Most of the 49er runs went right.

- Despite pass-pro being meh, that's not what lost us the game at all.

- RB talent matters for this OL. They're not good enough to create lanes you or I could run through, but the game absolutely changed once Mitchell came out.
Game was in mud. We all know these games make a terrible game

No it wasn't. I was there. The field was wet and water logged but it wasn't mud. This simply isn't true. Also Bears weren't that bad in their protection of Fields in certain situations. Like I said, I was there.

Also...

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner

#Bears did not blitz #49ers QB Trey Lance on any of his 34 dropbacks Sunday. Lance is the 7th QB in the last 15 seasons to drop back to pass 30+ times and not face a blitz. Quarterbacks in those situations are 1-6.

4:43 PM · Sep 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

Nick Wagoner
@nwagoner
2h
Replying to @nwagoner

Despite the lack of Bears blitzes, Lance was pressured 12 times. He was 1-of-7 for -2 yards on those drop backs and took two sacks with three scrambles for positive yards.

So I guess the "Trey will transcend and make the OL better" theory got tested.
I always thought that theory was hilarious. Even the greatest escape artist like a Russ Wilson is gonna get sacked more times then not

Its also a sure way to lose if your QB is pressured often. The mobility transcending bad pass protection to me is more like Fields miracle plays, both this year and last. And immobile QB would've lost that game for the Bears the way our D was playing. But if a mobile QB can make 2-3 plays when nothing is there that makes a huge difference. Of course I'd rather our QB has Ken Stabler like protection, but we aren't there yet:(.
I hate when people that watched the game relies more on PFF than in their eyes
For those keeping scores, Laken Tomlinson had a 38.6 rating from PFF on Sunday.

Aaron Banks had a 75.1.

Spencer Burford - 71.5.

Literally verbatim what we've been saying. This is Forester's guy NY. If Saleh crashes and burns this season in NY and he has to start firing coaches, we should take Benton back.

Probably be taking their center too now that McCoy is gone. Wanted him the first time around.
I have watched endless videos of the poor execution of the offense against CHI. None of the videos shown a lot of the good from the O line against CHI. This video does sprinkle in a bad play or two but shows mostly the positives. This O line certainly has a lot of potential.

Originally posted by YACBros85:
I have watched endless videos of the poor execution of the offense against CHI. None of the videos shown a lot of the good from the O line against CHI. This video does sprinkle in a bad play or two but shows mostly the positives. This O line certainly has a lot of potential.

Yeah, I like to see all sides as well. Good, bad, opportunities for growth.
Better pefromance today tho some of Brendels line calls were really bad. Too many unblocked assignments.

Thought Banks had a solid game. Burford was up and down. Al Woods gave him some trouble.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Better pefromance today tho some of Brendels line calls were really bad. Too many unblocked assignments.

Thought Banks had a solid game. Burford was up and down. Al Woods gave him some trouble.
Which is understandable for a rook. Like you said, a better performance today for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone