LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OL needs to step it up, especially since the present #1 and #2 runners are more thunder than lighting. Our other two backs are the lighting. Toom many busted plays where the RB got caught behind the line of scrimmage.
OL has been better than I thought it would be aside from Brendel who needs to be seriously upgraded, like right now.

We know Williams is a beast and Banks has been very solid alongside him. Burford is so-so but for a 4th round rookie not a bad start. We know what Glinch is by now so no surprises he comes up with some bad plays.

Haven't faced a top tier D though so we'll have to wait and see. Not the disaster I thought it might be so far, but plenty of time for it to crumble. Still need to upgrade.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Better pefromance today tho some of Brendels line calls were really bad. Too many unblocked assignments.

Thought Banks had a solid game. Burford was up and down. Al Woods gave him some trouble.

Key stats that stand out to me as a former lineman:

ZERO sacks allowed
189 rushing yards
TWO rushing touchdowns
18 carries for Jeff Wilson Jr., 84 yards, 4.7 average yards per carry

GRADE: OUTSTANDING

It wasn't perfect. No line ever is. But that is GREAT play for a line featuring two new guards and a new center.

Excellent pot billbird!

4️⃣2️⃣0️⃣?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Against the Seahawks (rebuilding team) without their best player on defense. Grade is expected I guess.

Ask the Broncos OL and they will disagree with that sentiment so maybe give credit where it's due. Context matters. The Seahawks may of been without Adams But the niners missing KITTLE AND MITCHELL far outweigh that injury. We would of destroyed them with at least 50 more yards rushing with those 2 in. Even with Adams.

Seattle looked very good last week but they are an average D coached by a great defensive mind
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 19, 2022 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Against the Seahawks (rebuilding team) without their best player on defense. Grade is expected I guess.

Ask the Broncos OL and they will disagree with that sentiment so maybe give credit where it's due. Context matters. The Seahawks may of been without Adams But the niners missing KITTLE AND MITCHELL far outweigh that injury. We would of destroyed them with at least 50 more yards rushing with those 2 in. Even with Adams.

Seattle looked very good last week but they are an average D coached by a great defensive mind

we wouldve beat the piss out of them with Kittle, he usually goes off against them
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Our run game splits against Seattle. I did not include the goal line runs.

With Trey- 7 attempts for 97 yards, 28.6% explosives (10+ yards) at 13.86 ypa.

With Jimmy- 25 attempts for 76 yards, 8.0% explosives at 3.04 ypa.

Interesting... so the adjustment is something I think we'll see here on out; force Jimmy to beat you with his short to medium/mid-field passing and stop the run. 8/9 men in the box.

I hope they continue to target those 1v1's on the outside with Jimmy. If he can build a rapport with Aiyuk and start connecting on those, it may help keep defenses from stacking the box. But the adjustment Seattle made when Jimmy came in was significant and very noticeable. We had zero negative run plays when Trey was playing. We had six after Jimmy entered the game.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 20, 2022 at 3:17 AM ]

With Trey- 7 attempts for 97 yards, 28.6% explosives (10+ yards) at 13.86 ypa.

Interesting... so the adjustment is something I think we'll see here on out; force Jimmy to beat you with his short to medium/mid-field passing and stop the run. 8/9 men in the box.

I hope they continue to target those 1v1's on the outside with Jimmy. If he can build a rapport with Aiyuk and start connecting on those, it may help keep defenses from stacking the box. But the adjustment Seattle made when Jimmy came in was significant and very noticeable. We had zero negative run plays when Trey was playing. We had six after Jimmy entered the game.

This is why Kyle drafted Trey, and rightfully so. But Trey has that Kittle/Deebo mentality of embracing contact when running the ball which is something you don't want from your franchise QB. I really hope Trey and Kyle to an extent learn from this.
Does anyone have the individual pressure stats for the o line from yesterday?

I saw that Burford has yet to give up a pressure this yr. Only one pressure from Trent and banks. Banks was also the highest graded offensive player for SF on Sunday. All around good OL play
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Does anyone have the individual pressure stats for the o line from yesterday?

I saw that Burford has yet to give up a pressure this yr. Only one pressure from Trent and banks. Banks was also the highest graded offensive player for SF on Sunday. All around good OL play

Nice. Thank you.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Better pefromance today tho some of Brendels line calls were really bad. Too many unblocked assignments.

Thought Banks had a solid game. Burford was up and down. Al Woods gave him some trouble.

Key stats that stand out to me as a former lineman:

ZERO sacks allowed
189 rushing yards
TWO rushing touchdowns
18 carries for Jeff Wilson Jr., 84 yards, 4.7 average yards per carry

GRADE: OUTSTANDING

It wasn't perfect. No line ever is. But that is GREAT play for a line featuring two new guards and a new center.

OL looked better than Denver's vs Seattle a week before. Their best player was gone for most of that game all the same

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

With Trey- 7 attempts for 97 yards, 28.6% explosives (10 yards) at 13.86 ypa.

Hoping Mitchell's return mid-season helps and that Mason and TDP give us a boost.

In all fairness, if you take away the 51 yard Deebo run, it was 7.7 ypa. Also, we did score 2 rushing TD's after Jimmy took over.

No doubt getting Mitchell back will help. I hope he doesn't lose that elite first step he has because of his knee injury.

TDP was running hard and had some decent runs early on. He was stuffed in the backfield at least twice later in the game. Deebo wasn't very efficient running the ball later in the game either. Wilson jr. was still productive even late in the game. Wilson actually had a damn good game though with a 4.7 ypc average.

Can't take it away though :-). We can still run with Jimmy obviously, but I do think the differences in QBs will affect how defenses play us. With that said, we are going to be helped by the return of Kittle, Mitchell, and everyone else. It would be great to go a full couple of games with our week.one 53 man roster.

Hoping Mitchell's return mid-season helps and that Mason and TDP give us a boost.

In all fairness, if you take away the 51 yard Deebo run, it was 7.7 ypa. Also, we did score 2 rushing TD's after Jimmy took over.

No doubt getting Mitchell back will help. I hope he doesn't lose that elite first step he has because of his knee injury.

TDP was running hard and had some decent runs early on. He was stuffed in the backfield at least twice later in the game. Deebo wasn't very efficient running the ball later in the game either. Wilson jr. was still productive even late in the game. Wilson actually had a damn good game though with a 4.7 ypc average.

Can't take it away though :-). We can still run with Jimmy obviously, but I do think the differences in QBs will affect how defenses play us. With that said, we are going to be helped by the return of Kittle, Mitchell, and everyone else. It would be great to go a full couple of games with our week.one 53 man roster.

Obviously getting kittle back will help us out in the run game as well as the pass game. I also don't believe our run game is going to be bad by any means but it certainly won't be as productive. I don't think fans understand just how much Trey's ability to run truly stressed the defense in the run game as well as the pass game. The thing that Jimmy does well that Trey needs to work on is rhythm passing and getting the ball out on time, especially on those screens to Deebo.

Obviously getting kittle back will help us out in the run game as well as the pass game. I also don't believe our run game is going to be bad by any means but it certainly won't be as productive. I don't think fans understand just how much Trey's ability to run truly stressed the defense in the run game as well as the pass game. The thing that Jimmy does well that Trey needs to work on is rhythm passing and getting the ball out on time, especially on those screens to Deebo.

Agree with everything, I don 't ever see the run game being shut down the way the Rams did with Trey as starter. And as he grows as a passer, that is going to really break defenses. Thinking about it just excites me. The guy has the work ethic based on pre draft reports as well as everything that has happened since he's been here. Even the way he was able to rattle off every mistake he made in the Bears game he made. I just hope they can get a short extension worked out after next season so we can get the benefit of a few years starting on a low cost contract.

i dont see the evidence fot this last year without Trey we had the most efficient run game

Agree with everything, I don 't ever see the run game being shut down the way the Rams did with Trey as starter. And as he grows as a passer, that is going to really break defenses. Thinking about it just excites me. The guy has the work ethic based on pre draft reports as well as everything that has happened since he's been here. Even the way he was able to rattle off every mistake he made in the Bears game he made. I just hope they can get a short extension worked out after next season so we can get the benefit of a few years starting on a low cost contract.

Not sure we can talk extension until you see how the guy plays. And if he plays well I dont' see why Trey would be looking to sign a cheap shorter extension. And I would think the Niners would want to see more than just one good season before extending him. The 5th year option will still be on the table if need be.
Share 49ersWebzone