49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
So what are everyone's thoughts on Banks now, compared to last year?

He started this season well but in the past 5-6 games he has regressed from his early form.
900 snaps, 4 pens, 1 sack

His run blocking is where the dropoff has occurred. His PP is about where it has been all year - average.
teams are lining up more defenders at the line.. he's sometimes getting two guys to block

I haven't noticed him getting a disproportionately higher number of double-team challenges than anyone else. I see him not moving anyone or moving cleanly to hit second-level targets. Brendel has been more effective in the second half of the season in both PP and RBLK.

I haven't given up on Banks. He just isn't making the progress he needs to make.
just too many guys shooting the gaps .. i bet the runs up the middle for losses and no yards puts a damper on the RB efficiency %'s
Man some tough love for the offensive line. They are leaps and bounds better in their last six games over the first six games. We are still running too much into stacked boxes which makes the production in the run game suffer but even then the line occasionally syncs up for a perfectly blocked chunk play with lineman eating up multiple defenders. In pass pro they have far exceeded my expectations. And yeah Banks is a stud. Great pick.
Originally posted by StubbornRussian:
Man some tough love for the offensive line. They are leaps and bounds better in their last six games over the first six games. We are still running too much into stacked boxes which makes the production in the run game suffer but even then the line occasionally syncs up for a perfectly blocked chunk play with lineman eating up multiple defenders. In pass pro they have far exceeded my expectations. And yeah Banks is a stud. Great pick.

Fans look too much into pff grades and not enough into actual production. The run game is just as good as last season and is better in some ways. We have more explosives but less homeruns. That is the only real difference.
Interesting, Mcglinchey's pass block efficiency went from #29 to #11 ever since Purdy took over. That's promising.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Interesting, Mcglinchey's pass block efficiency went from #29 to #11 ever since Purdy took over. That's promising.
Glinch is just a victim of transcension
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Fans look too much into pff grades and not enough into actual production. The run game is just as good as last season and is better in some ways. We have more explosives but less homeruns. That is the only real difference.

Agreed. Rushing success was everything for us last year. I'd imagine it won't be any different this year in our winning formula.

2022 Top Rushing Leaders Yards: By Game
Cardinals: 36 (Loss)
Rams: 91, 36, 28
Jacksonville: 79, 50, 32
Vikings: 133, 66
Seahawks: 66 (Loss)
Bengals: 56, 37
Falcons: 110, 29
Titans: 45, 32 (Loss)
Texans: 119, 31, 19
Rams: 85, 45
Cowboys: 96, 72
Packers: 53, 39, 14
Rams: 26, 20 (Loss)
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 20, 2022 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed. Rushing success was everything for us last year. I'd imagine it won't be any different this year in our winning formula.

Depends on whether the current qb can hit the open deep shots that will come around.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Depends on whether the current qb can hit the open deep shots that will come around.

Not sure what deep shots have to do with running success but OK.

You were speaking of winning formula. Hitting the open deep shots that were abundant in the NFC title game changes the winning formula.

You were speaking of winning formula. Hitting the open deep shots that were abundant in the NFC title game changes the winning formula.

Gotcha. If our run game is stuffed like in those losses, I don't know if the deep shots become the winning formula but they certainly can help.

Solid post man!
McG is still the weak link IMO.

Gotcha. If our run game is stuffed like in those losses, I don't know if the deep shots become the winning formula but they certainly can help.

If those deep shots are available, and can be executed, because the other team sells out to stop the run, it will absolutely play into a winning formula
Originally posted by YACBros85:

The basic PFF stuff is only good for overall rankings and relative individual ratings.

How do you see the run game as better this year? Not debating. Just interested in your view.
Share 49ersWebzone