There are 184 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The thing frustrating in all our losses was the inability to run and stay within our winning formula esp. if defended without having to use extra numbers up front. It floods the middle zones for passes as well.

Now if you believe deeper shots were there all day and we now have a QB who can hit those, that's great! Sometimes just one of those plays can be the difference in a tight game.

But I usually look to Kyle to set those up, not so much the QB in this offense. That doesn't mean it couldn't change though.

I find it more frustrating that there were game changing shots present throughout the course of that game, regardless if the run game was taken away. That's when you need to capitalize and they didn't.

Totally fair there.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
That is what I saw as well. Should have won that game by two scores. Folks wanted to blame the o and d lines but we were playing our 4th game on the road in a row and just coming off a tough grind it out game in the frozen tundra the week before. Things were really stacked against us and the difference was we didn't execute the gimmies that were available.

Agreed and that's what made that game so frustrating.

The thing frustrating in all our losses was the inability to run and stay within our winning formula esp. if defended without having to use extra numbers up front. It floods the middle zones for passes as well.

Now if you believe deeper shots were there all day and we now have a QB who can hit those, that's great! Sometimes just one of those plays can be the difference in a tight game.

But I usually look to Kyle to set those up, not so much the QB in this offense. That doesn't mean it couldn't change though.

Idk about all day but there were a handful of opportunities missed that would have blown the game wide open. There were plenty of gifs and stills posted during the off season that demonstrated such. I guess you just missed them.

Haha. Stills. As we just saw with All and play fakes, each one needs to be broken down within context to really understand them. Maybe when the pain is all gone, we can do that someday.
That is what I saw as well. Should have won that game by two scores. Folks wanted to blame the o and d lines but we were playing our 4th game on the road in a row and just coming off a tough grind it out game in the frozen tundra the week before. Things were really stacked against us and the difference was we didn't execute the gimmies that were available.

Idk about all day but there were a handful of opportunities missed that would have blown the game wide open. There were plenty of gifs and stills posted during the off season that demonstrated such. I guess you just missed them.

Haha. Stills. As we just saw with All and play fakes, each one needs to be broken down within context to really understand them. Maybe when the pain is all gone, we can do that someday.

Funny how I said gifs and stills and you decide to isolate the word stills.
Jake Brendel is a pro bowl alternative. How is that even possible?
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Good coaching, good scheme and he doesn't particularly suck.

He has improved a lot over the past 5-6 games.

Ha. That was more of a funny reference to a certain random poster that recently did that in here and got lambasted for it. Gifs are always a bit better for sure.
Originally posted by dj43:

No Mike McGlinchey? This thing is rigged.

Ha. That was more of a funny reference to a certain random poster that recently did that in here and got lambasted for it. Gifs are always a bit better for sure.

Got you.

Got you.
hey don't be talking about me.. it wasn't quarters defense you need to have 4 deep for that ARGGGGGGGGGGH !!!!!! lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 22, 2022 at 8:35 AM ]

• thl408
Originally posted by dj43:

I'm pleasantly shocked. Good stuff going from career backup to pro bowl sub.
Another week gone. Still not a mess.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
train wreck by October
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
train wreck by October

Ha. Far from a mess or train wreck.
Is it bad every time there's a penalty I sigh and ask was it trents one a game, or what did mglinctchey do this time?
Share 49ersWebzone