There are 215 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Getting old.

Why should you care? You didn't say it.

If only someone knew the secondary was a bigger issue than the o line.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 2, 2023 at 4:20 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We are ranked 5th in the league in pass blocking and 10th in the league in run blocking according to PFF.

Hmmmm So our run blocking isin't horrible this year?

Call me crazy but it seems like rankings like that "suggest" that we have a good OLine this year.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 3, 2023 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Call me crazy but it seems like rankings like that "suggest" that we have a good OLine this year.

Was a good one last year too.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Was a good one last year too.
can't wait for this years
We are ranked 5th in the league in pass blocking and 10th in the league in run blocking according to PFF.

Top 10 according to PFF. They pass the eye test as well.
Getting old.

Why should you care? You didn't say it.

If only someone knew the secondary was a bigger issue than the o line.

What are you trying to accomplish saying this every week? That you were the one person who didn't have any concerns about the OL coming into the season and you knew this was a top 10 OL?

Or did someone bust your balls constantly with that comment?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 3, 2023 at 1:32 PM ]

I can't see what random said but are you talking this year?

Yes.

Yes.

Totally buy that one. Run blocking seems to be getting better too! I really hope Banks is OK. Love how Brunskill filled in though.
Outside of the o line Kittle's blocking has come back to life. Earlier in the season he was missing blocks and losing out to lb's. CMC has given everybody some extra juice

What are you trying to accomplish saying this every week? That you were the one person who didn't have any concerns about the OL coming into the season and you knew this was a top 10 OL?

Or did someone bust your balls constantly with that comment?

Holding people accountable for being wrong. If you are going to predict failure have the balls to do a mea culpa. What you don't get about me or Hoov and others like us is we want to wait for data before we make our predictions. I never predict things until Ive see enough to be confident in it.

Being that you didn't say it why does it bother you?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 3, 2023 at 2:55 PM ]

Yes.

Totally buy that one. Run blocking seems to be getting better too! I really hope Banks is OK. Love how Brunskill filled in though.

Could be coincidence but how much influence do you think a QB has on the run game?

Run game with Jimmy and CMC. I used the LAR, LAC, ARI and NO games. I excluded CMC's first game with us because of only having 2 days of prep that week. I also excluded the MIA game because Jimmy did not finish that game.

121 rush attempts for 523 yards, 4.3 YPC, 131 YPG and averaged 1 rushing TD per game.

Run game with Brock and CMC. I used the TB, SEA, WAS and LV games. I excluded the MIA game because Brock did not start the game and neither team prepped for Brock to play QB.

123 rush attempts for 702 yards, 5.7 YPC, 176 YPG and has averaged 2 rushing TD's per game.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 3, 2023 at 3:10 PM ]
Could be coincidence but how much influence do you think a QB has on the run game.

Run game with Jimmy and CMC. I used the LAR, LAC, ARI and NO games. I excluded CMC's first game with us because of only having 2 days of prep that week. I also excluded the MIA game because Jimmy did not finish that game.

121 rush attempts for 523 yards, 4.3 YPC, 131 YPG and averaged 1 rushing TD per game.

Run game with Brock and CMC. I used the TB, SEA, WAS and LV games. I excluded the MIA game because Brock did not start the game and neither team prepped for Brock to play QB.

123 rush attempts for 702 yards, 5.7 YPC, 176 YPG and has averaged 2 rushing TD's per game.

They have a ton. If Brock is starting the 2021 NFC title game it's a whole different ballgame for the Rams. It's what was argued here ad nauseum. Now you have specific data to compare. And that's WITH Brock facing the stronger defensive grouping.

QB has always mattered.
Could be coincidence but how much influence do you think a QB has on the run game?

The role of the QB has an impact on everything, however, I would need more than just these raw numbers to lay it off on the QB, or even a large part of it.

I say this in part because the OL has been steadily improving since the KC game. Early in the year, Brendel and Burford were a hot mess. Brendel began picking up his game about week 7. Brunskill began to spell time with Burford to allow SB to stay fresher and hopefully improve. He has although not by a wide margin. Brunskill is now the #13 ranked guard in the league! So, all those are factors that have helped the run game but are hard to link to QB play. I just don't find a strong connection.
Could be coincidence but how much influence do you think a QB has on the run game.

They have a ton. If Brock is starting the 2021 NFC title game it's a whole different ballgame for the Rams. It's what was argued here ad nauseum. Now you have specific data to compare. And that's WITH Brock facing the stronger defensive grouping.

QB has always mattered.

It certainly could. The Rams game we couldn't run block worth s**t...15 yards in the first half. Usually the passing game follows suit off that.
Share 49ersWebzone