There are 134 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Neither could the rams

True but they're 100% built to pass. We were 100% built to run to pass. They took our strength. We didn't take theirs.

this take is pretty stale. Anyhoo, They beat the s**t out of stafford the majority of the game despite whet you say.
remember when you also said the rams ran all over the niners that game? 🤣 good tones.

Haha. True. I was mixed up on that. DL...that was definitely how we were built - our strength. Stafford was lucky to survive.
Haha. You still owe me on that Seattle prediction BTW.

I can't make that claim quite yet because of the energence and dependence on CMC down this stretch. I thought the PP has been good all year. I do agree the RB has gotten better and better as the year has gone on. Is that because of Brock? I could certainly see an argument for him helping though. Less reliance on Deebo might have helped. And the fly sweeps and end arounds contributed big time to those totals.

But CMC was there for Jimmy too. It's apples to apples. There's only one changed variable. 45 yards and 1.4 ypc is signficant. So is the increase in points per game. Against better defenses. Without Deebo for the most part.

Seattle still isn't a great team. I hope they win and Detroit does. 9ers most favorable matchup of the 3. But yah they were better than I thought they would be.

Still aren't and have never been an NFC contender.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
What are you trying to accomplish saying this every week? That you were the one person who didn't have any concerns about the OL coming into the season and you knew this was a top 10 OL?

Or did someone bust your balls constantly with that comment?

Holding people accountable for being wrong. If you are going to predict failure have the balls to do a mea culpa. What you don't get about me or Hoov and others like us is we want to wait for data before we make our predictions. I never predict things until Ive see enough to be confident in it.

Being that you didn't say it why does it bother you?

I remember getting the same OL related nonsense shoved down our throats repeatedly. The worst was the gloating 5 min after the SB loss

"You were told" and they told you correctly every year. It was your choice to ignore those concerns that became reality.

Having no opinion until you have all the data enough to make a formal decision is a silly approach to a fan forum. Like I always tell you, it's OK to look for patterns and have an opinion. Even if it ends up not being a concern in the end. Don't be afraid.

9ers4eva does it all the time with the secondary.

Not really. Just because you say something is so doesn't make it so. These gross exaggerations about the OL over the years coupled with refusal to acknowledge a QBs role was so over the top. I think that's the point you might be missing here.
and to your 2nd point, sure I'll take this approach. act as though I'm in the know, make a bunch of nonsense takes prior to the season , then get quiet as a mouse in season when those takes aren't close to coming true, then wait until the last 5 min of a SB to tell everyone how right I was and I told you so 😂

Nah, you've always been hyper focused on the QB. It was always harder for you to see how having an average to poor PP unit affected a passing game; esp. one that was low in volume and reliant on an effective run game first. Jimmy was a classic pocket passer so he needed more focus on pass protection to be successful. Eureka! He got it finally this year and was top 3 in efficiency. Coincidence? Conversely, I told you Stafford and other pass centric offenses would fail miserably if he didn't have elite pass protection. Eureka...he couldn't transcend it.

It's still football. Complementary football. The trenches are still incredibly important.

Brock's pocket feel and mobility have certainly helped a lot on blown PP assignments (there's been a lot of free rushers still) and off schedule plays. He's like the perfect mix of Trey and Jimmy at their extremes in skill sets.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 3, 2023 at 6:13 PM ]

I can't make that claim quite yet because of the energence and dependence on CMC down this stretch. I thought the PP has been good all year. I do agree the RB has gotten better and better as the year has gone on. Is that because of Brock? I could certainly see an argument for him helping though. Less reliance on Deebo might have helped. And the fly sweeps and end arounds contributed big time to those totals.

But CMC was there for Jimmy too. It's apples to apples. There's only one changed variable. 45 yards and 1.4 ypc is signficant. So is the increase in points per game. Against better defenses. Without Deebo for the most part.

Seattle still isn't a great team. I hope they win and Detroit does. 9ers most favorable matchup of the 3. But yah they were better than I thought they would be.

CMC stunk early. So much so we wanted to use Mason more to open games and use him later. You could see the big difference between he and Mitchell big time. The YPC weren't close.

But Kyle didn't listen to us and stuck with him and he's gotten better and better every week. Kudos! And I think he and the OL are building chemistry and timing together every week.

That's not to say Brock hasn't helped the run game either. I'm just guessing CMC was the biggest factor for the run blocking/production. And the gadget runs like Ray-Ray's 71 yard TD.

I agree about Seattle. For sure!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 3, 2023 at 6:16 PM ]
Nah, you've always been hyper focused on the QB. It was always harder for you to see how having an average to poor PP unit affected a passing game; esp. one that was low in volume and reliant on an effective run game first. Jimmy was a classic pocket passer so he needed more focus on pass protection to be successful. Eureka! He got it finally this year and was top 3 in efficiency. Coincidence? Conversely, I told you Stafford and other pass centric offenses would fail miserably if he didn't have elite pass protection. Eureka...he couldn't transcend it.

It's still football. Complementary football. The trenches are still incredibly important.

Brock's pocket feel and mobility have certainly helped a lot on blown PP assignments (there's been a lot of free rushers still) and off schedule plays. He's like the perfect mix of Trey and Jimmy at their extremes in skill sets.

Stafford has had worse pass protection than the 9ers ever have had here under Shanny. You keep making that completely ridiculous comparison.

Don't strawman us with the trenches stuff. No one disagrees with that.

But as PFF has shown and this season with the 9ers is showing if you have good protection that's all you really need if your QB is executing well. What you really need is the QB to take all of his opportunities. Brock is doing a much better job at that then Jimmy did, hence the affect on the run game and the increase in scoring.
"You were told" and they told you correctly every year.

Pretty easy to "correctly" tell people that you knew why we'd lose all along -- after we lose.

I mean I don't think there's anything easier to do here than wait for losses and tell everyone it's the 'same ole' stuff and you knew all along.

I mean a 5 year old can look at the postgame score and do the exact same (I knew all along) routine while having no clue how to even spell football,...no?

How about having that same kind of energy w/the predictiveness the week before the game so your insight can truly be appreciated? This is where you can separate yourself from everyone here, Shanny, et. al. Just a thought.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 3, 2023 at 6:35 PM ]

Stafford has had worse pass protection than the 9ers ever have had here under Shanny. You keep making that completely ridiculous comparison.

Don't strawman us with the trenches stuff. No one disagrees with that.

But as PFF has shown and this season with the 9ers is showing if you have good protection that's all you really need if your QB is executing well. What you really need is the QB to take all of his opportunities. Brock is doing a much better job at that then Jimmy did, hence the affect on the run game and the increase in scoring.

Haha. You just got numb to our PP issues until you could finally see it this year where all the OL inserted into the lineup were PP >>>> RB. Even Jimmy was throwing deep and making a couple of off schedule throws with the extra time.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I agree Brock is playing at an even higher efficient level.

The goal is to win the Superbowl. You and I are talking about a matter of degree here. If your QB and OL are playing at an elite level through the playoffs, you're golden. Brock has definitely been playing at a top 5 level. The OL seems to be top 10 and getting better and better.

Can we get there and close the deal?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 3, 2023 at 6:51 PM ]

CMC stunk early. So much so we wanted to use Mason more to open games and use him later. You could see the big difference between he and Mitchell big time. The YPC weren't close.

But Kyle didn't listen to us and stuck with him and he's gotten better and better every week. Kudos! And I think he and the OL are building chemistry and timing together every week.

That's not to say Brock hasn't helped the run game either. I'm just guessing CMC was the biggest factor for the run blocking/production. And the gadget runs like Ray-Ray's 71 yard TD.

I agree about Seattle. For sure!

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm thrilled our HC isn't listening to a bunch of fans on a message board.
What are you trying to accomplish saying this every week? That you were the one person who didn't have any concerns about the OL coming into the season and you knew this was a top 10 OL?

Holding people accountable for being wrong. If you are going to predict failure have the balls to do a mea culpa. What you don't get about me or Hoov and others like us is we want to wait for data before we make our predictions. I never predict things until Ive see enough to be confident in it.

I remember getting the same OL related nonsense shoved down our throats repeatedly. The worst was the gloating 5 min after the SB loss

"You were told" and they told you correctly every year. It was your choice to ignore those concerns that became reality.

Having no opinion until you have all the data enough to make a formal decision is a silly approach to a fan forum. Like I always tell you, it's OK to look for patterns and have an opinion. Even if it ends up not being a concern in the end. Don't be afraid.

9ers4eva does it all the time with the secondary.

Not really. Just because you say something is so doesn't make it so. These gross exaggerations about the OL over the years coupled with refusal to acknowledge a QBs role was so over the top. I think that's the point you might be missing here.
and to your 2nd point, sure I'll take this approach. act as though I'm in the know, make a bunch of nonsense takes prior to the season , then get quiet as a mouse in season when those takes aren't close to coming true, then wait until the last 5 min of a SB to tell everyone how right I was and I told you so 😂

Nah, I really haven't. That was just always your cop out. Calling me a Jimmy hater, a homer etc etc. the thing is Your takes were always just so exaggerated and steeped in bias that it always defaults to the focus of every conversation with you on this matter. For instance when folks brought up QBs who are not statues and have great pocket presence, you immediately went 0-100 and started pushing athletic, running QBs that transcend OL.
You also tend to point the finger at everyone and everything not named jimmy. It's the OL, it's the lack of rum game it's the WRs dropping passes, it's Kyle and his remedial, gutless play-calling who holds jimmy back. it's the defense. The list goes on. I did always find it odd because you constantly would say this maybe the 8th best team in the NFL that were not true contenders. But if you have a team loaded with stars coupled with the best defense in the league and the QB is playing at such a high level, why would you have them so low and not contenders? Makes no sense.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 3, 2023 at 7:32 PM ]

Oh so you ARE being smug and trying to 1up the fan's who voiced serious concerns about the OL coming into the season. That's what I figured.
Don't act all innocent, we had to hear all you're fictional BS all off season… like below

True but they're 100% built to pass. We were 100% built to run to pass. They took our strength. We didn't take theirs.

Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm thrilled our HC isn't listening to a bunch of fans on a message board.

It only gets crazy IMO when certain someones of those fans begin talking in strongly suggestive language here week in, week out, obviously suggesting that he really should be here listening (if he wants to keep improving as a HC).
Haha. You just got numb to our PP issues until you could finally see it this year where all the OL inserted into the lineup were PP >>>> RB. Even Jimmy was throwing deep and making a couple of off schedule throws with the extra time.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I agree Brock is playing at an even higher efficient level.

The goal is to win the Superbowl. You and I are talking about a matter of degree here. If your QB and OL are playing at an elite level through the playoffs, you're golden. Brock has definitely been playing at a top 5 level. The OL seems to be top 10 and getting better and better.

Jimmy was throwing but not completing. Also have to hit them to make teams respect it.

Don't think they need the OL to play at elite level. Good will do.

Might need Brock to play an elite game to beat Mahomes or Burrow though.

Jimmy was throwing but not completing. Also have to hit them to make teams respect it.

numb ? .. there were so many vids, clips breakdowns all last year of missed plays with time to throw.. especially in the NFCCG , ridiculous

we don't need Brock to play elite.. the games was still close until jimmy s**t the bed against KC in the SB and the reg season
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 3, 2023 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

numb ? .. there were so many vids, clips breakdowns all last year of missed plays with time to throw.. especially in the NFCCG , ridiculous

we don't need Brock to play elite.. the games was still close until jimmy s**t the bed against KC in the SB and the reg season

I remeber Jimmy Missing BA on a wide open play that would've been huge. Truth is we really don't know what we need Brock to do. Every year is different. Let's just hope the o line gives him time to do it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I remeber Jimmy Missing BA on a wide open play that would've been huge. Truth is we really don't know what we need Brock to do. Every year is different. Let's just hope the o line gives him time to do it.
we need him to not hesitate with what the defense gives us
Share 49ersWebzone