George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 144 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
This is what I've been saying for YEARS. It's not just unit pass protection issues. It's WHEN this team has to play off script when the lack of talent is exposed (e.g. when it's a predictable passing set).

AND as we have told you for years an elite QB can make the o line look better. Proof is right there. Brock is clearly elevating the O line.

Seeing Miami and their quick throw offense number one shows those numbers also lack some context.

An athletic and tier 1 QB and scheme can absolutely mask a lot. Nobody has ever questioned that.

The issue is, "To what degree?"

IF the goal is to win a SuperBowl, this will cost you in the end just like it did with Mahomes.

You did question that though. Multiple debates with you regarding this.

LOL.

Only the degree. There's been a surge in athletic QB's over the years but very few ever reached a tier 1 level. The good-enough crowd only had Mahomes to pivot too and that proved false too...to a degree. I'm restating that here WITH Brock Purdy + Kyle's scheme.

If you still think this is good enough and Brock + scheme can transcend it in the end, more power to you.

This team is definitely good enough to win it all.. best overall roster in the league. Even most talking heads agree with that.

You also keep mentioning Pat losing the SB bc OL but don't mention that he had like 3 starters missing or injured heading into that game.

If we lose Trent though, I will say we can't win it all anymore.

Fair enough. I never said it was impossible to win a SuperBowl with this group. I've been talking about what's been the best formula and probability over the past 6+ years. Proven.

And Brock has certainly reached Mahomes-like transcendence. No doubt.

I just hope he can keep that up and the unit PP doesn't do him in in the end like PM.

Next test: Crush the Eagles!
Fair enough. I never said it was impossible to win a SuperBowl with this group. I've been talking about what's been the best formula and probability over the past 6+ years. Proven.

I just hope he can keep that up and the unit PP doesn't do him in in the end like PM.

Your own data shows where the problem is. Coaches have to know as well.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
NC as a GM be like....

That'd be his first pick no doubt no matter who else is available.
he then would blame everyone else that we don't have tier 1 skill players

You need both

My man!

Then the reality of cap space and u only have 7 rounds to draft kick in.

Glad you have faithful and 9moon to agree with you, great company 😂

Your own data shows where the problem is. Coaches have to know as well.

You'd think. Strong run blocking and poor unit PP. That's been no different from any past years.

Hopefully it won't matter. But if it is another top 2-3 reasons why we lose, they better do some more self scouting.
You'd think. Strong run blocking and poor unit PP. That's been no different from any past years.

Hopefully it won't matter. But if it is another top 2-3 reasons why we lose, they better do some more self scouting.

It's not a unit problem though. Look at the data. Issue is at guard. Burford is killing them.

It's an average unit if not for him.

Theres no top 2-3 reasons. Every reason is to be blamed exactly. Right?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 29, 2023 at 9:09 AM ]
This is what I've been saying for YEARS. It's not just unit pass protection issues. It's WHEN this team has to play off script when the lack of talent is exposed (e.g. when it's a predictable passing set).

AND as we have told you for years an elite QB can make the o line look better. Proof is right there. Brock is clearly elevating the O line.

Seeing Miami and their quick throw offense number one shows those numbers also lack some context.

An athletic and tier 1 QB and scheme can absolutely mask a lot. Nobody has ever questioned that.

IF the goal is to win a SuperBowl, this will cost you in the end just like it did with Mahomes.

LOL.

Only the degree. There's been a surge in athletic QB's over the years but very few ever reached a tier 1 level. The good-enough crowd only had Mahomes to pivot too and that proved false too...to a degree. I'm restating that here WITH Brock Purdy + Kyle's scheme.

If you still think this is good enough and Brock + scheme can transcend it in the end, more power to you.

This team is definitely good enough to win it all.. best overall roster in the league. Even most talking heads agree with that.

You also keep mentioning Pat losing the SB bc OL but don't mention that he had like 3 starters missing or injured heading into that game.

your last prediction had you saying we can't win.

It went from we have great chance, to no chance, now it's i didn't say it was impossible.

I think i can help you from getting roasted all the time.. stop emotional posting ! lol

It's not a unit problem though. Look at the data. Issue is at guard. Burford is killing them.

Burford has been bad. I am curious if Feliciano stays in there.

I would argue last season, when we had a big obvious passing 3rd down. McG or Burford usually s**t the bed. Someone usually got beat and the play couldn't develop. This year it hasn't been nearly as bad on obvious passing downs. Feels more normal to me aside seeing Burford get blown out many times. I mean sometimes a guy just gets beat and great defensive players make great plays etc. Cant wait for Sunday it will be a great test to see where this group is at.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I would argue last season, when we had a big obvious passing 3rd down. McG or Burford usually s**t the bed. Someone usually got beat and the play couldn't develop. This year it hasn't been nearly as bad on obvious passing downs. Feels more normal to me aside seeing Burford get blown out many times. I mean sometimes a guy just gets beat and great defensive players make great plays etc. Cant wait for Sunday it will be a great test to see where this group is at.

Yah and a lot of McKivitz issues seems to be when he tries to dip inside to help then get back out to his block. Just stay blocking your outside guy. When he does that he's generally solid enough.

I don't understand that technique and would like it to end asap.

Just play Jaylon Moore at guard dammit. See what he has. Worry about LT if Trent gets hurt again. I think he could be better at guard then Feliciano is.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 29, 2023 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

LOL.

your last prediction had you saying we can't win.

It went from we have great chance, to no chance, now it's i didn't say it was impossible.

I think i can help you from getting roasted all the time.. stop emotional posting ! lol

Huh? I literally just said we won't lose like 2 days ago. I know everybody says this about you but where do you come up with this stuff? You are in an argument daily about twisting people's words and meaning.

All of those stats show its an OL-thing. Extending to unit is even worse (PP only).

But I agree on Burford. But I don't know what to do there. I'm not so sure the talent is in house. We saw Feliciano fall off not playing next to Williams. A tad better than Burford? Moving to the right side isn't such a quick fix? Moore from LT to RG? That's pretty significant. Pryor to RG...the exclusive RT?

I'm all for trying out different combos but chances are Foerster just puts Burford back in at RG.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Go back a page. It's actually been worse.
All of those stats show its an OL-thing. Extending to unit is even worse (PP only).

But I agree on Burford. But I don't know what to do there. I'm not so sure the talent is in house. We saw Feliciano fall off not playing next to Williams. A tad better than Burford? Moving to the right side isn't such a quick fix? Moore from LT to RG? That's pretty significant. Pryor to RG...the exclusive RT?

I'm all for trying out different combos but chances are Foerster just puts Burford back in at RG.

Look at your position breakdown. Tackle and Center aren't huge holes. They are middle of the pack. It's guard thats at issue. It's bringing everything else down.

Burford can't keep playing like he has been. He's the weak link.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 29, 2023 at 11:26 AM ]

Not to mention their PP as a whole has never been poor, just because it's not top 2-3 doesn't mean it is poor,
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Not to mention their PP as a whole has never been poor, just because it's not top 2-3 doesn't mean it is poor,

Burford is poor. He's the worst OL they have had starting in years.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

its worse says a post from a few posts above
Share 49ersWebzone