There are 122 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I'm for signing Journey O men and drafting Skills.. that pay the bills

So you don't want to pay multi millions of dollars on Colton McKivitz twin just to show you did something?
Maybe i do, cause we have the Danny Devito twin already
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 30, 2023 at 10:18 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I wish they *would* draft some offensive linemen.

The Eagle's OLine is considered one of the best (if not *the* best) in the NFL, and they are - on average - all 5th rounders. My god just trade down some of the 49er 3rd comp picks that they get from losing coaches and they can draft a OLineman in the 5th. Instead they draft Camron Latu. Good God! <sigh> Lets give Foerster some actual raw talent to develop.
Originally posted by Giedi:

The Eagle's OLine is considered one of the best (if not *the* best) in the NFL, and they are - on average - all 5th rounders. My god just trade down some of the 49er 3rd comp picks that they get from losing coaches and they can draft a OLineman in the 5th. Instead they draft Camron Latu. Good God! <sigh> Lets give Foerster some actual raw talent to develop.
all we need to do is false start every time, then we can have a tier 1 OL
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

good one! That made my day!

Nah. You have to let your QB get sacked, hit and hurried more per game. Than you are a true tier 1.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Was looking at the most recent Athletic mock draft and there should be some pretty good OT prospects available at the end of the1st and a few that can kick inside if needed as well.
21. Indianapolis Colts: Tyler Guyton, OT, OklahomaGeneral manager Chris Ballard loves trench players with big-time traits and Guyton fits the bill. At 6-6, 320, he moves like a tight end but has the aggressive mentality of an offensive lineman. Investing in protection for Anthony Richardson would be a smart move, and Guyton has the talent to compete for starting right tackle snaps as

25. Miami Dolphins: Troy Fautanu, OT/G, WashingtonMiami has a few question marks on its offensive line, especially with Terron Armstead missing more games in 2023 than he has played. A college left tackle, Fautanu has the play style and aesthetics of a guard but the feet and arm length that can keep him at tackle. Regardless, his positional flexibility provides immediate depth for the Dolphins

26. Dallas Cowboys: Graham Barton, G/C, DukeA college left tackle, Barton is going to move inside in the NFL and projects well at either guard or center. The Cowboys might need help at both spots with Tyler Biadasz a pending free agent and the future uncertain for Tyron Smith. This pick assumes Tyler Smith would replace Tyron Smith at left tackle, thus creating a need at left guard.

29. Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Paul, OT, HoustonDonovan Smith is barely a short-term option at left tackle for the Chiefs, and he's definitely not a long-term solution. Paul isn't yet a polished player, but he has the length and competitive athleticism to overwhelm defenders once he makes contact.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon StateWith his firm hands and finishing mentality, Fuaga is the best run-blocking lineman I have studied this draft cycle, especially with his ability in zone. His feet get tied up when he gets too upright in pass protection (see: his 2023 Washington tape), but he can keep speed wide of the pocket and help answer the 49ers' struggles at right tackle.

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYUEducated guess: Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland is going to be lovestruck once he gets eyes on Suamataia's tape. Yes, the BYU left tackle is young and will need time, but Philadelphia drafts with long-term plans in mind. Suamataia has the talent to provide depth as a rookie and the upside to be an impact starter down the road

Round 2Carolina Panthers: Jordan Morgan, OT/G, ArizonaWith a roster in bad shape and no first-round selection, the Panthers will have added pressure not to strike out with this pick. Carolina needs help all over the field but especially on the offensive line, and Morgan would give them a versatile option. He can be a plug-and-play guard while also providing insurance at left tackle — something Carolina might need if Ikem Ekwonu continues to struggle

If SF ended up with Taliese Fuaga, I would be pumped. Kyle would love him as a run-blocker. Like that report above said, he's gotta work on his footwork in pass-pro, but he's got strong hands and a good punch. Forster would do him wonders. I don't think he makes it to us unfortunately.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2023 at 5:45 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Was looking at the most recent Athletic mock draft and there should be some pretty good OT prospects available at the end of the1st and a few that can kick inside if needed as well.
21. Indianapolis Colts: Tyler Guyton, OT, OklahomaGeneral manager Chris Ballard loves trench players with big-time traits and Guyton fits the bill. At 6-6, 320, he moves like a tight end but has the aggressive mentality of an offensive lineman. Investing in protection for Anthony Richardson would be a smart move, and Guyton has the talent to compete for starting right tackle snaps as

25. Miami Dolphins: Troy Fautanu, OT/G, WashingtonMiami has a few question marks on its offensive line, especially with Terron Armstead missing more games in 2023 than he has played. A college left tackle, Fautanu has the play style and aesthetics of a guard but the feet and arm length that can keep him at tackle. Regardless, his positional flexibility provides immediate depth for the Dolphins

26. Dallas Cowboys: Graham Barton, G/C, DukeA college left tackle, Barton is going to move inside in the NFL and projects well at either guard or center. The Cowboys might need help at both spots with Tyler Biadasz a pending free agent and the future uncertain for Tyron Smith. This pick assumes Tyler Smith would replace Tyron Smith at left tackle, thus creating a need at left guard.

29. Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Paul, OT, HoustonDonovan Smith is barely a short-term option at left tackle for the Chiefs, and he's definitely not a long-term solution. Paul isn't yet a polished player, but he has the length and competitive athleticism to overwhelm defenders once he makes contact.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon StateWith his firm hands and finishing mentality, Fuaga is the best run-blocking lineman I have studied this draft cycle, especially with his ability in zone. His feet get tied up when he gets too upright in pass protection (see: his 2023 Washington tape), but he can keep speed wide of the pocket and help answer the 49ers' struggles at right tackle.

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYUEducated guess: Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland is going to be lovestruck once he gets eyes on Suamataia's tape. Yes, the BYU left tackle is young and will need time, but Philadelphia drafts with long-term plans in mind. Suamataia has the talent to provide depth as a rookie and the upside to be an impact starter down the road

Round 2Carolina Panthers: Jordan Morgan, OT/G, ArizonaWith a roster in bad shape and no first-round selection, the Panthers will have added pressure not to strike out with this pick. Carolina needs help all over the field but especially on the offensive line, and Morgan would give them a versatile option. He can be a plug-and-play guard while also providing insurance at left tackle — something Carolina might need if Ikem Ekwonu continues to struggle

If SF ended up with Taliese Fuaga, I would be pumped. Kyle would love him as a run-blocker. Like that report above said, he's gotta work on his footwork in pass-pro, but he's got strong hands and a good punch. Forster would do him wonders. I don't think he makes it to us unfortunately.

You like the guy from AZ? I remember reading on him last year and seems to check a few boxes

I have to admit that I'm puzzled by what constitutes a false start these days. It seems like it's okay for the center to raise his head and look around but the other linemen have to stay motionless. Or do they? I have the same questions on PI. Lot's of bumping all the way down the field event though the rules say the defense can't make contact beyond 5 yards. They changed the rules over the years to make it more passer friendly and then they allow PI all the time except when it matters at the end of games. I don't get it.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I have to admit that I'm puzzled by what constitutes a false start these days. It seems like it's okay for the center to raise his head and look around but the other linemen have to stay motionless. Or do they? I have the same questions on PI. Lot's of bumping all the way down the field event though the rules say the defense can't make contact beyond 5 yards. They changed the rules over the years to make it more passer friendly and then they allow PI all the time except when it matters at the end of games. I don't get it.
The rules are now set up that the Refs can now influence the game anytime they want to
The rules are now set up that the Refs can now influence the game anytime they want to

Which really means Vegas can influence the games anyway they want.

Originally posted by YACBros85:

The Eagle's OLine is considered one of the best (if not *the* best) in the NFL, and they are - on average - all 5th rounders. My god just trade down some of the 49er 3rd comp picks that they get from losing coaches and they can draft a OLineman in the 5th. Instead they draft Camron Latu. Good God! Lets give Foerster some actual raw talent to develop.

Nah. You have to let your QB get sacked, hit and hurried more per game. Than you are a true tier 1.

...Until Brandon Thorn's next update in the rankings at least.

Once those touch down,....new ballgame.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 1, 2023 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

It's always been that way.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Which really means Vegas can influence the games anyway they want.

Bingo.

LOL. I shouldn't laugh at this but it's true. Damn that Chiefs Superbowl.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

WOW, sizewise - Taliese looks like Trent Williams.
Share 49ersWebzone