Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I'm for signing Journey O men and drafting Skills.. that pay the bills
I wish they *would* draft some offensive linemen.

The Eagle's OLine is considered one of the best (if not *the* best) in the NFL, and they are - on average - all 5th rounders. My god just trade down some of the 49er 3rd comp picks that they get from losing coaches and they can draft a OLineman in the 5th. Instead they draft Camron Latu. Good God! <sigh> Lets give Foerster some actual raw talent to develop.
all we need to do is false start every time, then we can have a tier 1 OL

LOL. I shouldn't laugh at this but it's true. Damn that Chiefs Superbowl.

NCommand owe us an explanation. His best OL win championship theory has proven wrong today, unless he all of a sudden believe the Niners have a better OL than the Eagles.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
NCommand owe us an explanation. His best OL win championship theory has proven wrong today, unless he all of a sudden believe the Niners have a better OL than the Eagles.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years <cricket>? LOL.

And I didn't realize this was the Superbowl either. Wow. Finally, #6 in the books!!!! Smokey, check's in the mail, my man. With glee!

It didn't look good early but man, kudos to both lines stepping up today! Just an absolute joy to watch if you're a trench person. Sooooo many great matchups.

Glad I bet on them to win this week.
Only on here can a guy that predicts his team wont win a SB in a given year create himself as a pseudo-expert because of that,...lol.
I look forward to the "well I never said it was impossible" hedge that'd come in February instead of a simple I was wrong.

Crazy to think that things beyond OL matter.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 3, 2023 at 4:47 PM ]
They weren't great early but came on as the game progressed. Props to the OL vs. a very good DL.

NC will get back to you after the new O line rankings come out later this week.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years <cricket>? LOL.

And I didn't realize this was the Superbowl either. Wow. Finally, #6 in the books!!!! Smokey, check's in the mail, my man. With glee!

It didn't look good early but man, kudos to both lines stepping up today! Just an absolute joy to watch if you're a trench person. Sooooo many great matchups.

First of all, you claim you were right, nobody was really buying into your argument.

Second, who said we wouldn't have won Championships last season had we had a healthy Brock?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I look forward to the "well I never said it was impossible" hedge that'd come in February instead of a simple I was wrong.

I hope you're right. Don't shoot your full shot just yet. We still have work to do.

If/when it happens, I'll gladly say the formula wasn't full proof. Oh wait, I already did.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years ? LOL.

First of all, you claim you were right, nobody was really buying into your argument.

Second, who said we wouldn't have won Championships last season had we had a healthy Brock?

Was I wrong? LOL. I mean I was telling you the odds/formula in pre season and they came true. Every year. And what would cost us in the end (prior to Purdy). And it came true.

I never said such a thing. You sound like All right now. Ha. But it's all good. Enjoy the epic win instead of NC potentially being wrong in the future.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 3, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]

Haha. In one post it's "You need both!! (Tier-1 QB and Tier-1 OL)" as he tells us Jimmy needed a better OL for us to really win.

Next post it's "well Jimmy has always been a Tier-2 QB."

The exact opposite of consistent when he's up on his podium,...but we should all adhere to the infinite wisdom,...lol.

The only reason he's getting it now is because the victory laps after losses are so heavy.

IDK if any team has ever had 1-to-1 odds to win a Superbowl midseason.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 3, 2023 at 5:14 PM ]
The first two series the right side was getting blown off the ball. Then they settled in and gave Purdy enough time on most plays to carve them up. That's going to be the story the rest of the way. Can the pass protection give Purdy time.

Personally I think the eagles were a bit gassed compared to us and that helped. Must try to upgrade the line this offseason.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years ? LOL.

Was I wrong? LOL. I mean I was telling you the odds/formula in pre season and they came true. Every year. And what would cost us in the end (prior to Purdy). And it came true.

I never said such a thing. You sound like All right now. Ha. But it's all good. Enjoy the epic win.
i mean you can go with the vegas odd before the season starts and be somewhat right..
Originally posted by random49er:
Only on here can a guy that predicts his team wont win a SB in a given year create himself as a pseudo-expert because of that,...lol.
PROVE ME WRONG !! lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The first two series the right side was getting blown off the ball. Then they settled in and gave Purdy enough time on most plays to carve them up. That's going to be the story the rest of the way. Can the pass protection give Purdy time.

Personally I think the eagles were a bit gassed compared to us and that helped. Must try to upgrade the line this offseason.

No question. If they do get the bye that extra week could be huge for them for this very reason. They got us in 2nd and long every time in the 1Q and then tee'd off on the PP. They completely petered out after that. Nothing left in the tank. That's my only real concern about them, really.
Share 49ersWebzone