There are 262 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
NCommand owe us an explanation. His best OL win championship theory has proven wrong today, unless he all of a sudden believe the Niners have a better OL than the Eagles.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years ? LOL.

And I didn't realize this was the Superbowl either. Wow. Finally, #6 in the books!!!! Smokey, check's in the mail, my man. With glee!

It didn't look good early but man, kudos to both lines stepping up today! Just an absolute joy to watch if you're a trench person. Sooooo many great matchups.

Glad I bet on them to win this week.

First of all, you claim you were right, nobody was really buying into your argument.

Second, who said we wouldn't have won Championships last season had we had a healthy Brock?

Was I wrong? LOL. I mean I was telling you the odds/formula in pre season and they came true. Every year. And what would cost us in the end (prior to Purdy). And it came true.

I never said such a thing. You sound like All right now. Ha. But it's all good. Enjoy the epic win.
i mean you can go with the vegas odd before the season starts and be somewhat right..

Not 6 years in a row though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The first two series the right side was getting blown off the ball. Then they settled in and gave Purdy enough time on most plays to carve them up. That's going to be the story the rest of the way. Can the pass protection give Purdy time.

Personally I think the eagles were a bit gassed compared to us and that helped. Must try to upgrade the line this offseason.

Agree, and Purdy stepped up in the pocket at the right times. *and* there *was* a pocket. So the 49er OLine did the job against the Eagle DLine, one of the best in the NFL. I think that 49er OLine is really helped by practicing, in a sense, against the 49er DLine. After the first tow drives of 3 and out, the 49er offense dominated after that. The OLine is a lot better than I thought it would be against the EAgles. Got to watch the replays, but I feel that the 49er OLine is rounding into shape towards the end of the season. Pryor, Feliciano, McKivitz and Banks etc... are developing nicely. Another big test would be Baltimore in about (I think) two weeks. Again 🏹🏹🏹for the 49er OLIne. I will be royally pissed if ShanaLynch doesn't pick an OLineman in the draft next year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
NCommand owe us an explanation. His best OL win championship theory has proven wrong today, unless he all of a sudden believe the Niners have a better OL than the Eagles.

After 7 years you're bound to be right at some point, right? Where were you the last 6 years ? LOL.

And I didn't realize this was the Superbowl either. Wow. Finally, #6 in the books!!!! Smokey, check's in the mail, my man. With glee!

It didn't look good early but man, kudos to both lines stepping up today! Just an absolute joy to watch if you're a trench person. Sooooo many great matchups.

Glad I bet on them to win this week.

First of all, you claim you were right, nobody was really buying into your argument.

Second, who said we wouldn't have won Championships last season had we had a healthy Brock?

Was I wrong? LOL. I mean I was telling you the odds/formula in pre season and they came true. Every year. And what would cost us in the end (prior to Purdy). And it came true.

I never said such a thing. You sound like All right now. Ha. But it's all good. Enjoy the epic win.
i mean you can go with the vegas odd before the season starts and be somewhat right..

Not 6 years in a row though.
would be interesting to check on
Still don't see what they do in Burford.
Tier 1 QB >>>>>>>> Tier 1 OL
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Still don't see what they do in Burford.
i still think they are trying to get the most out of him so they can fall back on Feli
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The first two series the right side was getting blown off the ball. Then they settled in and gave Purdy enough time on most plays to carve them up. That's going to be the story the rest of the way. Can the pass protection give Purdy time.

Personally I think the eagles were a bit gassed compared to us and that helped. Must try to upgrade the line this offseason.

Agree, and Purdy stepped up in the pocket at the right times. *and* there *was* a pocket. So the 49er OLine did the job against the Eagle DLine, one of the best in the NFL. I think that 49er OLine is really helped by practicing, in a sense, against the 49er DLine. After the first tow drives of 3 and out, the 49er offense dominated after that. The OLine is a lot better than I thought it would be against the EAgles. Got to watch the replays, but I feel that the 49er OLine is rounding into shape towards the end of the season. Pryor, Feliciano, McKivitz and Banks etc... are developing nicely. Another big test would be Baltimore in about (I think) two weeks. Again 🏹🏹🏹for the 49er OLIne. I will be royally pissed if ShanaLynch doesn't pick an OLineman in the draft next year.

And that was with Burford back in there all game like I predicted.

Run left only. Throw screens to the right only. It works beautifully.
Tier 1 QB >>>>>>>> Tier 1 OL

You need both. I'll keep saying it until it's actually not true.

Hopefully this is that year.

But Brock is legit, playing at peak Mahomes level so I'm loving the odds.

You need the one that makes the other.

I see. The QB makes the OL. Got it. Except when Mahomes loses a Superbowl, then the OL transcended him. Now I get it. Haha.

I see. The QB makes the OL. Got it. Except when Mahomes loses a Superbowl, then the OL transcended him. Now I get it. Haha.

He had multiple starters out and injured guys starting. Once again, no grey area with you. I'm sure this win upset you since you were proven wrong AGAIN
Give Brendel his flowers. Was good today against some tough ass SoBs on that Philly interior dline.

Wish I could say the same for Burford and McKivitz. The latter in particular, is always food on moves inside from pass rushers.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Dec 3, 2023 at 5:48 PM ]

It can't be terrible. Today is what happens when it's not and you got a tier one QB.

All year it was what will they do against Philly. This was the measuring stick. Well here you go.
42 points vs Dallas. 42 points vs Philly.

Yes this OL can win a SB.
Share 49ersWebzone