There are 192 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great stuff right here on trench matchups for the playoffs (mismatches, best matchups) and current rankings on talent+ going into the playoffs.

This is the highest the 49ers have been ranked among the OL going into the playoffs during the ShanaLynch era. Par for course for the DL.

Let's see how it shakes out in the end:

DL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Steelers
4. Browns
5. Chiefs
6. Eagles
7. Packers
8. Ravens
9. Texans
10. Lions
11. Rams
12. Bills
13. Bucs
14. Dolphins

OL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cowboys
4. Bucs
5. Texans
6. Chiefs
7. 49ers
8. Ravens
9. Bills
10. Rams
11. Packers
12. Browns
13. Dolphins
14. Steelers

Biggest Wild Card DL > OL Mismatches
Cowboys DL (1st) > Packers OL (11th)Chiefs DL (5th) > Dolphins OL (13th)Texans DL (9th) > Browns OL (14th)

Biggest Wild Card OL > DL Mismatches
Eagles OL (1st) > Bucs DL (13th)

I took it a step further and put together the aggregate average ranks and its pretty telling...damn near matches real-world playoff seedings, W-L records, etc.

Aggregate Rankings | Playoff Seeding | Record
1. Cowboys 3. (2) | 2 | 12-5
6. Eagles 1. (3.5) | 5 | 11-6
2. 49ers 7. (4.5) | 1 | 12-5
5. Chiefs 6. (5.5) | 3 | 11-6
10. Lions 2. (6) | 3 | 12-5
9. Texans 5. (7) | 4 | 10-7
8. Ravens 8. (8) | 1 | 13-4
4. Browns 12. (8) | 5 | 11-6
13. Bucs 4. (8.5) | 4 | 9-8
3. Steelers 14. (8.5) | 7 | 10-7
7. Packers 11. (9) | 7 | 9-8
11. Rams 10. (10.5) | 6 | 10-6
12. Bills 9. (10.5) | 2 | 11-6
14. Dolphins 13. (13.5) | 6 | 11-6

What is crazy is that at the beginning of the year, it was pretty well conceded the AFC >>>>>>>> NFC teams.

I think the 49er OLine can get better. Bartch is a big guy and another possible center/guard player if something happens to Brendel. We have good depth and health going into the playoffs. This is McKivitz first year and he's improving in every game.

I'm really impressed with Feliciano, I'm pretty sure he'll get a nice contract from *somebody* this offseason. Possibly a Laken/McGlinchey level kind of contract. I haven't seen much of Pryor, or J. Moore, but hopefully they never do a repeat of the Ravens game. That was a disaster. Burford can get better and 49ers need to give him some younger competition at his position. I think overall, this OLine is a bit better than the 2019 team talentwise, with more depth.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Someone needs to vet those rankings that were posted since he has a history of making things up and cherry picking his sources that he doesn't even read himself.

I'm more into individual matchups myself. But I base a lot of my OL player evaluations on the info and knowledge of those SME's. If you don't know what to look for, how can you really tell how good a player is?

In other words the rankings are just book marks in the season, the real discussion is the players themselves.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

lol you guys need to ease up at bit at times...

NC has asbestos underwear just as good as Susweel's, no worries there.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Great stuff right here on trench matchups for the playoffs (mismatches, best matchups) and current rankings on talent+ going into the playoffs.

This is the highest the 49ers have been ranked among the OL going into the playoffs during the ShanaLynch era. Par for course for the DL.

DL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Steelers
4. Browns
5. Chiefs
6. Eagles
7. Packers
8. Ravens
9. Texans
10. Lions
11. Rams
12. Bills
13. Bucs
14. Dolphins

OL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cowboys
4. Bucs
5. Texans
6. Chiefs
7. 49ers
8. Ravens
9. Bills
10. Rams
11. Packers
12. Browns
13. Dolphins
14. Steelers

Cowboys DL (1st) > Packers OL (11th)Chiefs DL (5th) > Dolphins OL (13th)Texans DL (9th) > Browns OL (14th)

I took it a step further and put together the aggregate average ranks and its pretty telling...damn near matches real-world playoff seedings, W-L records, etc.

What is crazy is that at the beginning of the year, it was pretty well conceded the AFC >>>>>>>> NFC teams.

I think the 49er OLine can get better. Bartch is a big guy and another possible center/guard player if something happens to Brendel. We have good depth and health going into the playoffs. This is McKivitz first year and he's improving in every game.

I'm really impressed with Feliciano, I'm pretty sure he'll get a nice contract from *somebody* this offseason. Possibly a Laken/McGlinchey level kind of contract. I haven't seen much of Pryor, or J. Moore, but hopefully they never do a repeat of the Ravens game. That was a disaster. Burford can get better and 49ers need to give him some younger competition at his position. I think overall, this OLine is a bit better than the 2019 team talentwise, with more depth.

There is no chance that he's getting a that type of a contract, not sure how you came up with that.

I think we have a good chance of signing him. Offer should be 2-3 years for 4-6 mil a year.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

DL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Steelers
4. Browns
5. Chiefs
6. Eagles
7. Packers
8. Ravens
9. Texans
10. Lions
11. Rams
12. Bills
13. Bucs
14. Dolphins

OL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cowboys
4. Bucs
5. Texans
6. Chiefs
7. 49ers
8. Ravens
9. Bills
10. Rams
11. Packers
12. Browns
13. Dolphins
14. Steelers

There is no chance that he's getting a that type of a contract, not sure how you came up with that.

I think we have a good chance of signing him. Offer should be 2-3 years for 4-6 mil a year.

Agree. McGlinchey plays tackle and Feliciano plays guard. We will have no issues resigning him.

DL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Steelers
4. Browns
5. Chiefs
6. Eagles
7. Packers
8. Ravens
9. Texans
10. Lions
11. Rams
12. Bills
13. Bucs
14. Dolphins

OL Rankings – Playoffs
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cowboys
4. Bucs
5. Texans
6. Chiefs
7. 49ers
8. Ravens
9. Bills
10. Rams
11. Packers
12. Browns
13. Dolphins
14. Steelers

I'm not that familiar with Bartch. But yeah, with Feliciano, Brendel, McKivitz, and Burford, the question is, is this their ceiling and can we add more talent to them? At bare minimum, add some legit rookie talent and supplement with the veterans like Feliciano, Bartch, Pryor, etc. 3-prong.

As to Feliciano? He does have legit starting experience and I'm guessing he came here thinking he had a legit chance to start. He's played very well when in on the left and right side which is no easy task. He might get a decent contract and a shot to start somewhere next year but he shouldn't command "too" much. Then again, quality OL are hard to find so you never know.

2019: Tomlinson, Garland, Person & McGlinchey vs.
2023: Banks, Brendel, Feliciano/Burford & McKivitz

You're probably right! BT certainly has this group higher than that group.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2024 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

lol you guys need to ease up at bit at times...

NC has asbestos underwear just as good as Susweel's, no worries there.

LMFAO. I don't even want to know what this is in reference too.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Someone needs to vet those rankings that were posted since he has a history of making things up and cherry picking his sources that he doesn't even read himself.

I'm more into individual matchups myself. But I base a lot of my OL player evaluations on the info and knowledge of those SME's. If you don't know what to look for, how can you really tell how good a player is?

In other words the rankings are just book marks in the season, the real discussion is the players themselves.

Trust me. They have no idea what they're looking at...IF they are even looking (clearly not). Smart move on your part. That'd be like the FailFive challenging Hero on the intricacies of DL play. There's a reason they pivot to the QB every time. Simple minds.

Well said. It's a starting, reference point and as you see with the end results, the trenches are very important in the grand scheme of things. Now let's see what ends up happening in the playoffs.

You'd read it...and retain it: https://establishtherun.com/thorn-biggest-ol-vs-dl-mismatches-wild-card/
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Agree. McGlinchey plays tackle and Feliciano plays guard. We will have no issues resigning him.

It just depends on if he tests the market or not and if he wants to be a starter. But hell yeah, we certainly should try. Burford still doesn't seem ready. He's a much better player than Tomlinson and he got a big contract.

Yet the differentiating factor was always unit pass protection. Or so he kept saying.

Ryan Paces #1 fan could never keep straight what he argued though. Simple mind indeed.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 13, 2024 at 1:27 PM ]

It just depends on if he tests the market or not and if he wants to be a starter. But hell yeah, we certainly should try. Burford still doesn't seem ready. He's a much better player than Tomlinson and he got a big contract.

That starting job is his. 49ers would be foolish to count on Burford. It will be year 3 for Burford next year. You get no training wills and a replacement should be drafted.
That starting job is his. 49ers would be foolish to count on Burford. It will be year 3 for Burford next year. You get no training wills and a replacement should be drafted.

Moore should get a shot at the job. He's not a tackle.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 13, 2024 at 1:28 PM ]

I'm with you on that one!
I'm sure he's excited...lol.
Good stuff watching the interior of the Browns and the T's of the Texans. Huge for what they both do. And doing it well so far. Injuries are mounting though.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone