There are 273 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol keep posting and referencing paywall articles you don't even read.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good stuff watching the interior of the Browns and the T's of the Texans. Huge for what they both do. And doing it well so far. Injuries are mounting though.

Yes....playoff football is good stuff. Injuries are just a part of the game.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 13, 2024 at 5:15 PM ]
#5 HOU OL vs. #4 CLE DL
#12 CLE OL vs. #9 HOU DL

#6 KC OL vs. #14 MIA DL
#13 MIA OL vs. #5 KC DL

Aggregate | Playoff Seeding | Record
1. Cowboys 3. (2) | 2 | 12-5
6. Eagles 1. (3.5) | 5 | 11-6
2. 49ers 7. (4.5) | 1 | 12-5
5. Chiefs 6. (5.5) | 3 | 11-6
10. Lions 2. (6) | 3 | 12-5
9. Texans 5. (7) | 4 | 10-7
8. Ravens 8. (8) | 1 | 13-4
4. Browns 12. (8) | 5 | 11-6
13. Bucs 4. (8.5) | 4 | 9-8
3. Steelers 14. (8.5) | 7 | 10-7
7. Packers 11. (9) | 7 | 9-8
11. Rams 10. (10.5) | 6 | 10-6
12. Bills 9. (10.5) | 2 | 11-6
14. Dolphins 13. (13.5) | 6 | 11-6

On trench talent alone, Texans over Browns and Chiefs over Miami.

Now let's see what the QB's do.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2024 at 5:56 PM ]
Tua throws a pick with a clean pocket. That damn #13 MIA OL.

Have yet to see the board agree on these postseason particular postseason rankings, though?

Rankings after a season are based on how well they played,...not the amount of talent they have. So that is another made-up thing based on rankings I havent seen accepted because no case has been made on why they are superior and the go-to as proof.

Also interesting how this was posted around 9pm ET once KC had a lead. So it's not "trench talent alone", ..it's because you already watched the Texans win and you saw KC take a lead over frozen Dolphins. The only reason it's pointed out that you're doing this is because you try it time and time again after-the-fact.

But What happened to the OL being the difference?

Oh wait,...that changed. What happened QB and OL Rankings being the difference? (Is it because you're not too big on Philly and Detroit?)

Changed again? Now it is OL and DL? You haven't mentioned DL virtually all season with this stuff. So why now?

How much you going to keep selling these fake products? lol
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 13, 2024 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Have yet to see the board agree on these postseason particular postseason rankings, though?

Rankings after a season are based on how well they played,...not the amount of talent they have. So that is another made-up thing based on rankings I havent seen accepted because no case has been made on why they are superior and the go-to as proof.

Also interesting how this was posted around 9pm ET once KC had a lead. What happened to the OL being the difference?

Oh wait,...that changed. What happened QB and OL Rankings being the difference? (Is it because you're not too big on Philly and Detroit?)

Changed again? Now it is OL and DL? You haven't mentioned DL virtually all season with this stuff. So why now?

How much you going to keep selling these fake products? lol
I don't need rankings to tell me that Mia couldn't beat a team with a winning record until they beat the cowboys and that Patrick Mahomes is still Patrick Mahomes

NC is a hack
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't need rankings to tell me that Mia couldn't beat a team with a winning record until they beat the cowboys and that Patrick Mahomes is still Patrick Mahomes

NC is a hack

lol yes. He's not using rankings. He posted after the Texans had already won and edited his post after the Dolphins were already losing. Why would someone be so desperate with this stuff?

You attached yourself to Detroit and Philly already. Stop trying other stuff with sneaking the DL in cause,....no one here is fooled.

Good gawd,...just turn the page.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 13, 2024 at 6:31 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

All I know is that the Cowboys have had a top 3-5 OL consistently for 15-20 years and have nothing to show for it.

They are the only team to invest so highly and pay the $$$ to keep their OL together consistently over that length of time. Jerry is still living of the early 90s mentality with big psychical OL + run game = SBs.

Obviously no one is saying you don't need at least a decent OL, the same goes for every other position group in football. I suppose LBs group can be weak/average and you can still win now days, you don't need a great run game either. So that just goes to show where the game is now, LBs + RBs used to be a must, and they were the superstars of the league...
lol yes. He's not using rankings. He posted after the Texans had already won and edited his post after the Dolphins were already losing. Why would someone be so desperate with this stuff?

You attached yourself to Detroit and Philly already. Stop trying other stuff with sneaking the DL in cause,....no one here is fooled.

Good gawd,...just turn the page.

Now it's "Trench talent"

Um no. Houston won because their QB is a freaking stud and Flacco threw two pick 6s.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Now it's "Trench talent"

Um no. Houston won because their QB is a freaking stud and Flacco threw two pick 6s.

And Tua's gone from the tropics of Hawaii to a hot and humid Alabama to yet another tropical climate, Miami, to play in.

Meanwhile this Patrick Mahomes guy has played in the cold a time or 2 and is clearly more comfortable. QB difference again (thus far) and you don't have to be a genius to know that.

Maybe the lines dominate and make the difference tomorrow,...but that hasn't at all been today. It's just weird to me that someone is so adamant on selling everyone horsesh**,....lol. But oh well.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 13, 2024 at 6:57 PM ]

And Tua's gone form Sunny Hawaii to a hot and humid Alabama to a tropical Miami climate to play in.

Meanwhile this Patrick Mahomes guy has played in the cold a time or 2 and is clearly more comfortable. QB difference again (thus far) and you don't have to be a genius to know that.

Maybe the lines dominate and make the difference tomorrow,...but that hasn't at all been today. It's just weird to me that someone is so adamant on selling everyone horsesh**,....lol. But oh well.

If not for drops or idiot plays by that suddenly great Chief line now the playoffs have rolled around it'd be a blowout.

In the playoffs it's the QBs stupid
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

All I know is that the Cowboys have had a top 3-5 OL consistently for 15-20 years and have nothing to show for it.

They are the only team to invest so highly and pay the $$$ to keep their OL together consistently over that length of time. Jerry is still living of the early 90s mentality with big psychical OL + run game = SBs.

Obviously no one is saying you don't need at least a decent OL, the same goes for every other position group in football. I suppose LBs group can be weak/average and you can still win now days, you don't need a great run game either. So that just goes to show where the game is now, LBs + RBs used to be a must, and they were the superstars of the league...

LOL at "decent." The last 7 winners have all had tier 1 OL.

Even if the Cowboys had had a healthy tier 1 OL together at the same time, they still have Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0 at QB.

You need both.

But yes, it is possible to still win without a tier 1 OL. That'll likely happen this year as Eagles, Lions and Cowboys are in that tier this year.
But yes, it is possible to still win without a tier 1 OL. That'll likely happen this year as Eagles, Lions and Cowboys are in that tier this year.

You just reversed course there but....

If you're saying it'll likely happen this year while namedropping 3 teams you don't particularly favor, then you're picking TEAMS and not OL rankings just like the rest of us then.

You just tossed your entire argument in the trash. Again.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

LOL at "decent." The last 7 winners have all had tier 1 OL.

Even if the Cowboys had had a healthy tier 1 OL together at the same time, they still have Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0 at QB.

You need both.

But they only became tier 1 after they won the SB. Tier 2+ automatically becomes tier 1 when they win the SB. The game is called I win. How do you play? I win. Okay, but what are the rules? I win.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 14, 2024 at 3:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone