There are 188 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Chiefs dominated the trenches last night in every way. Texans top 5 OL neutraluzed the Browns edge rush and both Mahomes and Stroud also played at a tier 1 level. You need both.

Defenses win Championships? Browns.

TW/BT = 2-0

Let's see what tonight brings.

Aggregate | Playoff Seeding | Record
1. Cowboys 3. (2) | 2 | 12-5
6. Eagles 1. (3.5) | 5 | 11-6
2. 49ers 7. (4.5) | 1 | 12-5
5. Chiefs 6. (5.5) | 3 | 11-6
10. Lions 2. (6) | 3 | 12-5
9. Texans 5. (7) | 4 | 10-7
8. Ravens 8. (8) | 1 | 13-4
4. Browns 12. (8) | 5 | 11-6 - Eliminated
13. Bucs 4. (8.5) | 4 | 9-8
3. Steelers 14. (8.5) | 7 | 10-7
7. Packers 11. (9) | 7 | 9-8
11. Rams 10. (10.5) | 6 | 10-6
12. Bills 9. (10.5) | 2 | 11-6
14. Dolphins 13. (13.5) | 6 | 11-6 - Eliminated

Just based on trench talent+, Cowboys and Lions should win the trenches. Let's see how the QB's play. You need both.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 14, 2024 at 6:12 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Chiefs dominated the trenches last night in every way. Texans top 5 OL neutraluzed the Browns edge rush and both Mahomes and Stroud also played at a tier 1 level. You need both.

Defenses wins Championships? Browns.

TW/BT = 2-0

Just based on trench talent+, Cowboys and Lions should win the trenches. Let's see how the QB's play. You need both.

Since when has the Texans had a top 5 OL? Their LT has been in out of the lineup all year. Since when has the Browns OL been bad? Their QB's true colors showed up. Back to back pick 6s will f**k a game plan real quick (on both sides). QB play is pretty important as well.

The Phins OL is right on par with KC's OL. Might actually be better. Using a game where it was like -30 and one team has a QB that can't win when it's below 40 is silly. Also they lost their best EDGE and were banged up all over the place on defense. Missing starters all over the field

I agree the trenches matter, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you though? You're kinda arguing with yourself on this subject imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 14, 2024 at 5:52 AM ]
My rankings after week 17, going into the playoffs. My rankings are based on efficiency stats. I posted the rankings on page 2721. This is what those rankings would have looked like if only accounting for playoff teams.

Here are my playoff QB rankings based on pressure stats.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

TW/BT = 2-0

Since when has the Texans had a top 5 OL? Their LT has been in out of the lineup all year. Since when has the Browns OL been bad? Their QB's true colors showed up. Back to back pick 6s will f**k a game plan real quick (on both sides). QB play is pretty important as well.

The Phins OL is right on par with KC's OL. Might actually be better. Using a game where it was like -30 and one team has a QB that can't win when it's below 40 is silly. Also they lost their best EDGE and were banged up all over the place on defense. Missing starters all over the field

I agree the trenches matter, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you though? You're kinda arguing with yourself on this subject imo

I'm not arguing with anyone...as usual, just bringing you the info. Do what you will with it.

That info is from Brandon Thorn and TrenchWarfare heading into the playoffs; of which I've been posting for ages, even pre season, weekly and heading into the playoffs this year for you.

The games clearly proved that accurate if you really watched the trenches and not just the QB (or at least reviewed what affected that QB and running game). Miami has a lot of work to do on both lines.

Is the term, "You need both (OL+QB playing at a tier 1 level)" being auto-deleted from every single one of my posts? Either that or a handful of recipients are omitting half of the balance/formula and/or only retaining half of it because we're in the OL thread? It's the oddest thing to me. Ha
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 14, 2024 at 6:23 AM ]

TW/BT = 2-0

I'm not arguing with anyone...as usual, just bringing you the info. Do what you will with it.

That info is from Brandon Thorn and TrenchWarfare heading into the playoffs; of which I've been posting for ages, even pre season, weekly and heading into the playoffs this year for you.

The games clearly proved that accurate if you really watched the trenches and not just the QB (or at least reviewed what affected that QB and running game). Miami has a lot of work to do on both lines.

Is the term, "You need both (OL+QB playing at a tier 1 level)" being auto-deleted from every single one of my posts? Either that or a handful of recipients are omitting half of the balance/formula and/or only retaining half of it because we're in the OL thread? It's the oddest thing to me. Ha
Twiddle Dee still thinks the OL is out there winning games and none of the actual game matters
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Tua throws a pick with a clean pocket. That damn #13 MIA OL.

All I know is that the Cowboys have had a top 3-5 OL consistently for 15-20 years and have nothing to show for it.

They are the only team to invest so highly and pay the $$$ to keep their OL together consistently over that length of time. Jerry is still living of the early 90s mentality with big psychical OL + run game = SBs.

Obviously no one is saying you don't need at least a decent OL, the same goes for every other position group in football. I suppose LBs group can be weak/average and you can still win now days, you don't need a great run game either. So that just goes to show where the game is now, LBs + RBs used to be a must, and they were the superstars of the league...

LOL at "decent." The last 7 winners have all had tier 1 OL.

Even if the Cowboys had had a healthy tier 1 OL together at the same time, they still have Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0 at QB.

You need both.

But yes, it is possible to still win without a tier 1 OL. That'll likely happen this year as Eagles, Lions and Cowboys are in that tier this year.

Ya I'm not doing this again. Months ago I posted the rankings of the OLs of those SB winning teams before the year started only a couple of them were ranked top 5 going into the season.

It seems you just move OLs into tier 1 after the fact.

And lol at Dak=Jimmy. Good one
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Tua throws a pick with a clean pocket. That damn #13 MIA OL.

All I know is that the Cowboys have had a top 3-5 OL consistently for 15-20 years and have nothing to show for it.

They are the only team to invest so highly and pay the $$$ to keep their OL together consistently over that length of time. Jerry is still living of the early 90s mentality with big psychical OL + run game = SBs.

Obviously no one is saying you don't need at least a decent OL, the same goes for every other position group in football. I suppose LBs group can be weak/average and you can still win now days, you don't need a great run game either. So that just goes to show where the game is now, LBs + RBs used to be a must, and they were the superstars of the league...

LOL at "decent." The last 7 winners have all had tier 1 OL.

Even if the Cowboys had had a healthy tier 1 OL together at the same time, they still have Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0 at QB.

You need both.

But yes, it is possible to still win without a tier 1 OL. That'll likely happen this year as Eagles, Lions and Cowboys are in that tier this year.

Ya I'm not doing this again. Months ago I posted the rankings of the OLs of those SB winning teams before the year started only a couple of them were ranked top 5 going into the season.

Just look at those 7 QB from the last 7 super bowls lol

NC is a Fraud
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 14, 2024 at 8:32 AM ]

TW/BT = 2-0

It's the only person he hasn't blocked yet,
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

TW/BT = 2-0

Twiddle Dee still thinks the OL is out there winning games and none of the actual game matters

How much you want to bet he didn't watch the KC game? His cheap ass def did not pay for peacock , but had the audacity to say s**t like this..

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
It's the only person he hasn't blocked yet,
If NY keeps counterpointing .. you never know

if you don't believe 1+1=3, blocked!

Miami has a lot of work to do on both lines? You mean they didn't look good with their 3 best Dlineman hurt?

Of course Command has no idea about that.

CJ Stroud has one of the best rookie debuts ever and the OL won the Texans the game. The QB position means nothing to him.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 14, 2024 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

TW/BT = 2-0

How much you want to bet he didn't watch the KC game? His cheap ass def did not pay for peacock , but had the audacity to say s**t like this..

People who casually watch would know the outcome to that game

That's all that happens. Yac called him out for that and he blocked him. Hilarious.
When he complains about us drafting DLinemen,...can someone show him his new calculation where he equaled their importance to the OL and made a silly set of new rankings (to hide from Philly and Detroit).

But the funniest shyt here -- again -- is he edited and posted that crap @ 9pm AFTER the outcomes of both games were pretty much decided.

But Geidi and Faithful6 agree and that is all that matters.
Originally posted by random49er:
When he complains about us drafting DLinemen,...can someone show him his new calculation where he equaled their importance to the OL and made a silly set of new rankings (to hide from Philly and Detroit).

But the funniest shyt here -- again -- is he edited and posted that crap @ 9pm AFTER the outcomes of both games were pretty much decided.

But Geidi and Faithful6 agree and that is all that matters.
The 3 jg supporters
Share 49ersWebzone