There are 217 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NCommand:
F it draft 9 oline and 3 secondary. 3 should hit. Probably all secondary too.

LOL. And make Foerster open full competitions and not just award dudes the starting roles before competition.

Yup, give Foerster some talent vs some lemons. I'd love for a Trent Williams 2.0 on the right side to compete with McKivitz.

We can dream but give me a top half starter there, I'm not greedy. It's insane, on third and long almost every time you see dominos fall from right to left one after another with only TW stone walling his guy

My peeve with the OLine is it's just too small if you want to have a solid drop back passing game. I saw the OLine get pushed back into Brock too many times for my taste in the Green Bay game. It Happened in the Raven's game too. However, a smallish line makes sense if your offense is based on the outside zone run. Kyle is going to have to think and do is best to tweak the OLine for some sort of balance between a drop back passing game and the zone run. How? I don't know. However, a bigger OLine, I think might be the answer.

While we have CMC, who can run with little there, I'd go for a better pass protecting O line.

LOL. And make Foerster open full competitions and not just award dudes the starting roles before competition.

Yup, give Foerster some talent vs some lemons. I'd love for a Trent Williams 2.0 on the right side to compete with McKivitz.

We can dream but give me a top half starter there, I'm not greedy. It's insane, on third and long almost every time you see dominos fall from right to left one after another with only TW stone walling his guy

My peeve with the OLine is it's just too small if you want to have a solid drop back passing game. I saw the OLine get pushed back into Brock too many times for my taste in the Green Bay game. It Happened in the Raven's game too. However, a smallish line makes sense if your offense is based on the outside zone run. Kyle is going to have to think and do is best to tweak the OLine for some sort of balance between a drop back passing game and the zone run. How? I don't know. However, a bigger OLine, I think might be the answer.

100% agree. But when we try to tell folks hey at the end ....we will be facing the d lines that can manhandle us... it's on deaf ears.

he needs to draft bodies - big and fast and develop them.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by random49er:
I'm completely fine with us going CB with that 1st pick if a guy we believe in is there.

I want that Nickel corner outta Michigan I think I'm seeing he's projected a 3rd rounder

swap our Michigan cb that has issues for another one?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This "fortress" stuff is a complete after-the-fact fabrication based on 1 game. At least, according to Brandon Thorn, we've been told.

He had them as the 11th Overall "Postseason/Playoff" OLine overall....and had us as 5th overall.

But a game where Brock was off and things looked ugly and now the 11th overall OL is our new 'barometer."

Emotion doesnt equal sound analysis.

They haven't given up a sack in two games against Dallas and the 49ers and have only given up two sacks over their last five games total.

With all due respect to Thorn, their OL has played incredible considering that they had to install a new left tackle after the season started and had a lot of moving pieces overall. They draft OL well and develop guys the right way.

I had their O line ranked 2nd best in the playoffs and they certainly played like it tonight.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

While we have CMC, who can run with little there, I'd go for a better pass protecting O line.

Agree, a better pass blocking OLIne would definitely help the passing game, however, you run dangerously close to the cowboy's Mike McCarthy one dimensional passing offense issue. I don't want the offense to be one dimensional, specially in the playoffs. Brock (and most QB's) need a good running game to lean on. Kyle's offensive concepts do work - 3 NFCCGs in the last four years. So I don't want Kyle to lose those athletic OLinemen he loves - so Kyle's going to have to re-prioritize the O and D Lines. I think - going forward - he has to start taking at least two OLInemen in the draft (he finally has a first round pick again after the Trey Trade) and that first O Line pick has to be no later than day 2.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Kevan Barlow when asked how many of the upcoming picks in the draft should be O linemen? - "all of them".

The goal should be to build a fortress OL like Green Bay has. Love had forever to throw on a lot of their passing plays.

This "fortress" stuff is a complete after-the-fact fabrication based on 1 game. At least, according to Brandon Thorn, we've been told.

He had them as the 11th Overall "Postseason/Playoff" OLine overall....and had us as 5th overall.

But a game where Brock was off and things looked ugly and now the 11th overall OL is our new 'barometer."

Lolz
tell me you don't watch the games without telling me you don't watch the games..

try pushing the keyboard aside and watch a game now and then lmao
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Kevan Barlow when asked how many of the upcoming picks in the draft should be O linemen? - "all of them".

The goal should be to build a fortress OL like Green Bay has. Love had forever to throw on a lot of their passing plays.

Lolz
tell me you don't watch the games without telling me you don't watch the games..

try pushing the keyboard aside and watch a game now and then lmao

• Giedi
  • Veteran

100% agree. But when we try to tell folks hey at the end ....we will be facing the d lines that can manhandle us... it's on deaf ears.

he needs to draft bodies - big and fast and develop them.

Yeah, that's pretty much on point. NC and I are hoping and praying he'll change this year and draft a couple - both in day 2 and day 3. Hope hope.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

They haven't given up a sack in two games against Dallas and the 49ers and have only given up two sacks over their last five games total.

With all due respect to Thorn, their OL has played incredible considering that they had to install a new left tackle after the season started and had a lot of moving pieces overall. They draft OL well and develop guys the right way.

I had their O line ranked 2nd best in the playoffs and they certainly played like it tonight.

Agree, I don't think GB gave up a sack today either.

Agree, I don't think GB gave up a sack today either.
we also don't attack the QB anymore.. we just bull rush the pocket

They did there jobs today. Hoping TB wins so Mckivitz doesn't have to block Hutchinson
Originally posted by lamontb:
They did there jobs today. Hoping TB wins so Mckivitz doesn't have to block Hutchinson

i thought their pass pro was bad

Purdy was hit a lot more than Love
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

Both defenses had 6 QB hits.

one was top 2, one was top 5??
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

one was top 2, one was top 5??

One O line I had ranked 2nd in the playoffs and the other I had ranked 9th.
Share 49ersWebzone