LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
QB injuries were solved with Brock Purdy replacing Jimmy. Unit pass protection improved throughout the year and survived a strong Packers DLine. If Kyle is given a bit more time to actually focus on the draft instead of focusing on replacing poached coaches - maybe he'd have a better day one draft record.

IMHO, it's the same as it's always been. It's still a significant concern. That said, run blocking has gotten better overall but some of that is because of minor personnel changes (Feliciano and McKivitz > Burford and gimpy McGlinchey) and some of it is CMC having a full off season with us.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2024 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The incredible projection here and irony in your comment is not lost on me.

I can only imagine but all I see is, "Posts by (name) are being hidden. Click here to change your settings."

LOL. I will not change the setting.

I highly recommend blocking the fake news. Don't read tabloids. At this point, they are the smallest of minorities on the subject. Low budget trolling and living rent free. Let them have it.

Agree with him Cisco. Allow him and Thorn to think for you. Stop wasting time trying to think for yourself or share your own opinion.

The aggregate tells all until it tells completely nothing.

And our 5th rated OL that he personally ordained over the Packers' 11th rated OL,... sucks.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
The incredible projection here and irony in your comment is not lost on me.

I can only imagine but all I see is, "Posts by (name) are being hidden. Click here to change your settings."

I highly recommend blocking the fake news. Don't read tabloids. At this point, they are the smallest of minorities on the subject. Low budget trolling and living rent free. Let them have it.

Agree with him Cisco. Allow him and Thorn to think for you. Stop wasting time trying to think for yourself or share your own opinion.

The aggregate tells all until it tells completely nothing.

And our 5th rated OL that he personally ordained over the Packers' 11th rated OL,... sucks.

All I see when I come in here is a bunch of posters focused on him and circle jerking each other in attacking him. It also carries over into other threads. I'm honestly surprised the mods haven't asked them to squash it.

If you are like me and come in here questioning the o line you are automatically lumped into their "anti" category because I hold conversation with him in the topic. So yes. Everything they blame him for they are actually guilty of themselves lol

Personally I understand people will naturally rank and tier positions and units so there will be debate about it, but that's a very fluid thing to and I think everyone is way to caught up into that to the point it's become toxic in here.

I don't really care for that type of analytics because I trust my eyes more than anything and every time we get into the playoffs the line is a weakness. You can throw whatever framed stat you want at it, but we all know the line is inconsistent. If it weren't true then this thread would be as stale and juice thread.

While I troll every thread taking shots at Kyle and the defense because I can't admit I was so damn wrong.
All I see when I come in here is a bunch of posters focused on him and circle jerking each other in attacking him.

All I've seen is other opinions purposely drowned out of threads with a central figure trying to moderate everything that comes into it.

I also see constant bait and switching.

We clearly have different viewpoints and that's fine with me.
All I see when I come in here is a bunch of posters focused on him and circle jerking each other in attacking him. It also carries over into other threads. I'm honestly surprised the mods haven't asked them to squash it.

If you are like me and come in here questioning the o line you are automatically lumped into their "anti" category because I hold conversation with him in the topic. So yes. Everything they blame him for they are actually guilty of themselves lol

Personally I understand people will naturally rank and tier positions and units so there will be debate about it, but that's a very fluid thing to and I think everyone is way to caught up into that to the point it's become toxic in here.

I don't really care for that type of analytics because I trust my eyes more than anything and every time we get into the playoffs the line is a weakness. You can throw whatever framed stat you want at it, but we all know the line is inconsistent. If it weren't true then this thread would be as stale and juice thread.

Do you not see him trolling all the other threads with his BS? This is a dude who bet money AGAINST this team. Then instead of being a man and admitting his great predictive stats have been wrong he trolls the other threads calling Brock Jimmy 2.0, and taking digs at every other part of this team.

Of course the O line is inconsistent. No one has ever suggested otherwise. Everyone here would love to talk actual football and not BS crap that is shown to be completely wrong.

Dude banned Yac, one of the best most informative posters on this site. Tells you all you need to know.
There's 1 tier OL and DL left.

Detroit at San Francisco is going to be a blast for us trench guys.
There's 1 tier OL and DL left.

Detroit at San Francisco is going to be a blast for us trench guys.

Alrighty
Yac, I would be interested in the pressure numbers from last night whenever they come in to see a comparison between the two OLs.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 21, 2024 at 8:42 AM ]

Originally posted by random49er:
All I've seen is other opinions purposely drowned out of threads with a central figure trying to moderate everything that comes into it.

I also see constant bait and switching.

We clearly have different viewpoints and that's fine with me.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Do you not see him trolling all the other threads with his BS? This is a dude who bet money AGAINST this team. Then instead of being a man and admitting his great predictive stats have been wrong he trolls the other threads calling Brock Jimmy 2.0, and taking digs at every other part of this team.

Of course the O line is inconsistent. No one has ever suggested otherwise. Everyone here would love to talk actual football and not BS crap that is shown to be completely wrong.

Dude banned Yac, one of the best most informative posters on this site. Tells you all you need to know.

So there's obviously a ton of history here with folks holding grudges I am not aware of. No matter what you will be at each other's throats.

Also i may be wrong but I think ncommand is having a bit of fun knowing you guys are so mad at him for whatever reasons.

What would be best is you guys actually realize you all love this team and have fun with the difference of opinion instead of being so angry about it.

Regardless we all know mckivitz sucks and they better at least try to find an upgrade this offseason.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Yac, I would be interested in the pressure numbers from last night whenever they come in to see a comparison between the two OLs.

Me too but this is where stats can be misleading. As that damn hot air balloon Olsen said (is Brady replacing him next year???)

He correctly pointed out our "top" run d, but it's misleading because we are usually in the lead. Many stats lack this type of context. Which is why I say I trust my eyes week to week etc.

GB o line is very very good. I really want to see an investment like they did, done here.
So there's obviously a ton of history here with folks holding grudges I am not aware of. No matter what you will be at each other's throats.

Also i may be wrong but I think ncommand is having a bit of fun knowing you guys are so mad at him for whatever reasons.

What would be best is you guys actually realize you all love this team and have fun with the difference of opinion instead of being so angry about it.

Regardless we all know mckivitz sucks and they better at least try to find an upgrade this offseason.

I don't think someone who bets money against his team loves them. He loves being right and spinning everything to that even when he's not.

Stupid takes deserved to be ridiculed. Never gonna waver from that concept.
Me too but this is where stats can be misleading. As that damn hot air balloon Olsen said (is Brady replacing him next year???)

He correctly pointed out our "top" run d, but it's misleading because we are usually in the lead. Many stats lack this type of context. Which is why I say I trust my eyes week to week etc.

GB o line is very very good. I really want to see an investment like they did, done here.

They haven't invested all that much. 2 2nds and a bunch of day 3 picks. What they have been awesome at is developing players. That's where the 9ers need to improve.

This is 100% false. Have you ever seen this thread when the season is over?

Everyone acknowledges it only makes sense to go after Trent's possible replacement ASAP.

But what we're now set up for is an offseason of legit discussion that's not drowned out in nonsense like seasons before. That is a win for those that really do want to take the subject above seriously once the season closes, and that just doesn't happen when fairytales drown out relevant, sensible discussion.

If that's what you like and go for Cisco -- as you clearly cannot recognize when someone's selling a product to steer an entire thread in one direction over and over -- then enjoy it. But reality is still gonna be reality and that's the only goal here. (See the injury thread)
Share 49ersWebzone