LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Me too but this is where stats can be misleading. As that damn hot air balloon Olsen said (is Brady replacing him next year???)

He correctly pointed out our "top" run d, but it's misleading because we are usually in the lead. Many stats lack this type of context. Which is why I say I trust my eyes week to week etc.

GB o line is very very good. I really want to see an investment like they did, done here.

They haven't invested all that much. 2 2nds and a bunch of day 3 picks. What they have been awesome at is developing players. That's where the 9ers need to improve.

Yes...there is a consistent debate here as the draft approaches on how much draft capital to use where that Cisco probably is not here to catch.

One of the Packers 2 tackles is a young 7th round pick that went 13 spots ahead of Purdy. How upset will some here be if the 49ers attempt to do such?

There'll be alot of bellyaching as usual. So pointing out inconsistencies with the narratives built here is only medicine.

It'd be good if the truth is not drowned out if the plan is to have a discussion about our team. No?
Their OL was terrific - no sacks.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

There needs to be a heavy focus in the off season on FA & the draft.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Our OL wasn't terrific.

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with you. But this is the WZ. Haha.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Our OL wasn't terrific.

Before the season even began, though, we had a need @ tackle in the next draft. Our past draft had basically 4th round value as our highest pick.

I mean, you've had to be living under a rock to not know that we'd want to use a higher pick on a guy we like along the OL and with another spot in the draft, it'd be good (IMO) to give him some competition.

I want 2 possible replacements at tackle with one of them that potentially has some versatility and again,...that was before game 1.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:28 AM ]
Pressure rate
Brock- 41.9%
Love- 40.0%

49ers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 1 sack
Packers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 0 sacks.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
All I see when I come in here is a bunch of posters focused on him and circle jerking each other in attacking him. It also carries over into other threads. I'm honestly surprised the mods haven't asked them to squash it.

Hmmmm. There's been personal attacks? A extreme focus on the poster and not the posts? That's a shame.

Funny because this is the first thing I read when I came in here this morning.

"LOL. Not the sharpest tools in this shed." - NC
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are you really loving it? I mean these are the same OL we started the year off with that you said we have no chance with

You're an idiot. Just stop.

Hmmmm. lol.
They haven't invested all that much. 2 2nds and a bunch of day 3 picks. What they have been awesome at is developing players. That's where the 9ers need to improve.

Right, but they scout well, coach well and continually draft OL. It's what has enabled them to have really good OLs going back to the 90s. They prioritize it and continually come up with Pro Bowl level OLs like Elgton Jenkins.

In 2022, the 49ers drafted Tyrion Davis Price and Danny Gray in the 3rd round. Neither look like they have a long term future here. In the 4th, the Packers took Romeo Doubs and Zach Tom, both look like exceptional players and are starters in their second seasons. Tom in particular looks like a very good tackle and would have been an outstanding fit for the 49ers as well and was brought up by many here as a great fit for the OL.

Scouting has to improve on the 49ers early picks. If they're going to be paying Purdy big money eventually, they can't keep whiffing on their earlier picks and OL needs to be more of a priority.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pressure rate
Brock- 41.9%
Love- 40.0%

What I thought. Similar rates. Difference is GB doesn't play a super soft zone that allows for easy dump offs for 5-7 yards every time.

Originally posted by steiber:
This is a spot the packers have invested draft capital on and last night it showed. The 49ers need to do the same this year, add a tackle and guard/center within the first four picks.

What draft capital did they invest into the OL that set them apart?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Right, but they scout well, coach well and continually draft OL. It's what has enabled them to have really good OLs going back to the 90s. They prioritize it and continually come up with Pro Bowl level OLs like Elgton Jenkins.

In 2022, the 49ers drafted Tyrion Davis Price and Danny Gray in the 3rd round. Neither look like they have a long term future here. In the 4th, the Packers took Romeo Doubs and Zach Tom, both look like exceptional players and are starters in their second seasons. Tom in particular looks like a very good tackle and would have been an outstanding fit for the 49ers as well and was brought up by many here as a great fit for the OL.

Scouting has to improve on the 49ers early picks. If they're going to be paying Purdy big money eventually, they can't keep whiffing on their earlier picks and OL needs to be more of a priority.

Tom was a 4th rounder just like Burford. It's the picking the right guy and developing him issue that's going on more than anything. It's not the Pack are prioritizing it more.

Do need to be better with their 3rd rounders but I'm not for missing on 3rd round OL either.
I think people "want to believe" that there's been completely no emphasis on the OL but here's a fun fact:

This is the 1st year since 2017 that we haven't had two 1st round tackles starting.

Anyone care to check where the Green Bay tackles were drafted?

Of course development and drafting "need to" improve but that's everyone's goal. You will not find a team in the NFL that doesn't want to build some depth on the OLine.

So in that respect, the complaining is running away with a narrative that doesn't really fit the reality.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:39 AM ]
Nice to see bigmouth in here first thing this morning picking up where he left off last night
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pressure rate
Brock- 41.9%
Love- 40.0%

What I thought. Similar rates. Difference is GB doesn't play a super soft zone that allows for easy dump offs for 5-7 yards every time.

Brock has been the better pressure QB over Love all season long. Love also had the luxury of hitting wide open receivers due to our DB's falling down all night. One QB rose to the occassion when the game was on the line while the other crumbled. That was the difference in the game imo.
Share 49ersWebzone