LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 203 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Nice to see bigmouth in here first thing this morning picking up where he left off last night

Don't get yourself in trouble. It isn't worth it.
They didn't look very good on pass protection. As usual especially from the right side.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock has been the better pressure QB over Love all season long. Love also had the luxury of hitting wide open receivers due to our DB's falling down all night. One QB rose to the occassion when the game was on the line while the other crumbled. That was the difference in the game imo.

Yah it looked it.

Get that kind of pressure rate on Goff/Baker and they will both crumble.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
So there's obviously a ton of history here with folks holding grudges I am not aware of. No matter what you will be at each other's throats.

Also i may be wrong but I think ncommand is having a bit of fun knowing you guys are so mad at him for whatever reasons.

What would be best is you guys actually realize you all love this team and have fun with the difference of opinion instead of being so angry about it.

Regardless we all know mckivitz sucks and they better at least try to find an upgrade this offseason.

Issue is folks, mods included, are just fed up with his 20 years of b******t…, and the passive aggressiveness, arrogance , condescension, gloating every time the teams loses, lying etc etc that comes with it. I've had many very cordial conversations with him outside of these threads and he most certainly is not trying to mess with folks, he absolutely takes himself this seriously and will never concede he is wrong about anything. Most here are just smart enough to just ignore him and let him do his thing and feel important 😆
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pressure rate
Brock- 41.9%
Love- 40.0%

49ers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 1 sack
Packers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 0 sacks.

Well that just can't be
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are you really loving it? I mean these are the same OL we started the year off with that you said we have no chance with

You're an idiot. Just stop.

Hmmmm. lol.
lol, oh is NC contradicting himself again
Well that just can't be

Why you wait for the numbers. Neither O line pass protected as well as they would've liked I imagine.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Tom was a 4th rounder just like Burford. It's the picking the right guy and developing him issue that's going on more than anything. It's not the Pack are prioritizing it more.

Do need to be better with their 3rd rounders but I'm not for missing on 3rd round OL either.

The Packers prioritize it more because they put a heavy emphasis on scouting and drafting OL. Its part of their institutional DNA. Gutekunst came up in that organization and has maintained that approach. Most years they draft multiple OL.

2020-They drafted 3 OL

2021-They drafted 2 OL

2022-They drafted 3 OL

And of those picks, 3 are currently starters. All five starters were Packers draft picks.
Well that just can't be

To be fair that right side fell apart as soon as Tom came out of the game, I don't believe he ever went back in. Coincidentally, Love fell apart right after that too.
Todd Bowles vs. the Lions tier 1 OL?

f**k yeah!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well that just can't be

To be fair that right side fell apart as soon as Tom came out of the game, I don't believe he ever went back in. Coincidentally, Love fell apart right after that too.

The difference was Brock lives and thrives under pressure. Jordan obviously does not.
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Well that just can't be

Why you wait for the numbers. Neither O line pass protected as well as they would've liked I imagine.

I dont see how people cant tell that we got pressure on him as the game went on.

It started out bad but the pressure soon picked up. Their QB responded well until later in the game....which is kinda the point of the pressure.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team

Or just reject that paradigm and you can argue that long term this team needs to adjust their approach the OL and make it more of a priority, especially if they're going to utilize Purdy more as a pure passer in shotgun...etc.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Their OL was terrific - no sacks.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

There needs to be a heavy focus in the off season on FA & the draft.

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with you. But this is the WZ. Haha.

This is my position too.
Share 49ersWebzone