There are 223 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This! I think its imperative that the Niners place a big priority on the OL because of the weakness on the right side and the very likely possibility that Trent retires. No one can argue that the 49ers have a great OL or that its clearly not the weakest part of the offense. With our skill players a great OL would make them unstoppable.

While the Niners have several holes to fill (OT, OG, C,CB, S, and edge), I think its a year where it makes total sense to load up on the OL and take a corner high in the draft.

He's said he's coming back to go for the ProBowl record. There is nothing likely about that happenning.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Their OL was terrific - no sacks.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

There needs to be a heavy focus in the off season on FA & the draft.

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with you. But this is the WZ. Haha.

This is my position too.

We see the receipts daily in here. Well, I don't. LOL

Yeah, great QBs can transcend bad OLines - kind of takes. You need both.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team

Or just reject that paradigm and you can argue that long term this team needs to adjust their approach the OL and make it more of a priority, especially if they're going to utilize Purdy more as a pure passer in shotgun...etc.
But OL future needs is not NCs topic or any of the sorts here.

His posts are about us losing, masked with all these rankings, formulas and tier systems

We counter the cohns, the Wrights etc, we should be able to counter posters. I stay respectful and don't insult him like he does with everyone else
Another difference is that our DLine is supposed to be **much better** than the Packers DLine.

They don't play against each other anyway tho. Really had no affect on the game.

Even with no sacks and multiple 2ndary breakdowns, our guys got enough pressure to really hold their offense to 14 points and got 2 major turnovers. Personally, I'll take that.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pressure rate
Brock- 41.9%
Love- 40.0%

49ers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 1 sack
Packers O line- 14 hurries, 3 hits, 0 sacks.

What I thought. Similar rates. Difference is GB doesn't play a super soft zone that allows for easy dump offs for 5-7 yards every time.

Another difference is that our DLine is supposed to be **much better** than the Packers DLine.

Not according to pressure stats. The playoff pressure stats had GB 2nd in O line and 3rd in DL. The 49ers were ranked 9th in O line and 5th DL.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

This is my position too.

So you have us losing also, got it

Our OL wasn't terrific.

This is my position too.

Can great QBs transcend the 5th rated OL? I think that has been the burning question. Or has the goalposts moved yet again?

Hard to keep up.

I mean you can't on one hand say the O line was bad and on the other say a Qb can't transcend it.

Either the OL was good enough or Brock transcended it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team

Or just reject that paradigm and you can argue that long term this team needs to adjust their approach the OL and make it more of a priority, especially if they're going to utilize Purdy more as a pure passer in shotgun...etc.

Well there should be some great plug and play OT/RG options available where they pick, or close to, this draft,

Our OL wasn't terrific.

This is my position too.

"Good enough but I want to draft a T, G & C next year with the first 3 picks." LOL

So you DON'T think it's good enough?

Que the "Pivot!" meme.

My literal stance in here for like 15 years now. LOL

🤣 or we can just go back to the first few pages of this thread and read your posts slobbering all over their OL draft strategy and how great the OL was going to be .
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
🤣 or we can just go back to the first few pages of this thread and read your posts slobbering all over their OL draft strategy and how great the OL was going to be .

Now he's arguing pressures don't tell the whole story. Always the same when his argument falls flat, move the goal posts.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This! I think its imperative that the Niners place a big priority on the OL because of the weakness on the right side and the very likely possibility that Trent retires. No one can argue that the 49ers have a great OL or that its clearly not the weakest part of the offense. With our skill players a great OL would make them unstoppable.

While the Niners have several holes to fill (OT, OG, C,CB, S, and edge), I think its a year where it makes total sense to load up on the OL and take a corner high in the draft.

100%. CB, fill out the OL and find a decent run stuffing DT somewhere.

Not even just improving pass protection but they also need to be able to run just as well to the right side, something that they've lost without McGlinchey.
I thought our OL played well

Our OL wasn't terrific.

This is my position too.

"Good enough but I want to draft a T, G & C next year with the first 3 picks." LOL

So you DON'T think it's good enough?

Que the "Pivot!" meme.

Classic bad faith argument. Fitting
Share 49ersWebzone