There are 269 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Giedi:
This is my position too.

Pack OL wasn't terrific actually. Yacs numbers bear that out.

So we supposedly have the "best" DL in the NFL, yet both OLines gave up the same numbers and you're trying to say that means the OLines are equal!!?? Lol
hmmmm I'm not grasping your concept here.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
So we supposedly have the "best" DL in the NFL, yet both OLines gave up the same numbers and you're trying to say that means the OLines are equal!!?? Lol
hmmmm I'm not grasping your concept here.

Im saying they weren't terrific by any means. Hero is showing plays in a couple threads where the D line worked them pretty good.

Not gonna allow for dumb spin like the 9ers got dominated in the trenches. It's not accurate. Packers were slightly better overall. The Qb was the difference when it counted.
Been a major question mark the last 3 years and this is the worst of the 3 years.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Been a major question mark the last 3 years and this is the worst of the 3 years.

Good thing Brock isn't a statue like jimmy.

The metrics/results say otherwise . Doesn't mean they can't make some needed improvements this off-season.
Originally posted by tankle104:

He's also a better decision maker and processor. All of that will help you in pass pro obviously.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

The metrics/results say otherwise . Doesn't mean they can't make some needed improvements this off-season.

Like saying seattles offensive line was good because Wilson won a SB and beast mode was tearing it up behind them.
Like saying seattles offensive line was good because Wilson won a SB and beast mode was tearing it up behind them.

Seattle's line always caught too much heat because Wilson would hold the ball and bounce around unnecessarily with both positive and negative results.

No not at all. Please elaborate. I specifically called out metrics and results. Same couldn't be said for SEA OL. In fact you could say they suffered due to Wilson
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 21, 2024 at 12:08 PM ]

True. And CMC is every QB's best friend both in the run and outlet pass. Brock leaned on him all night.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team

Or just reject that paradigm and you can argue that long term this team needs to adjust their approach the OL and make it more of a priority, especially if they're going to utilize Purdy more as a pure passer in shotgun...etc.
100% what I'm saying. It's like Sith speak. When the reality is more fluid and somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Their OL was terrific - no sacks.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

There needs to be a heavy focus in the off season on FA & the draft.

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with you. But this is the WZ. Haha.

This is my position too.

Yes we really need to invest more and develop guys. GB has all 5 guys starting home grown ? And their starters are very good. Thats fantastic output.

For sure when their rt went down we saw a difference, but as someone told me the entire league has o-line issues especially with depth due to the new cba etc.

Aside banks nobody we drafted has panned out very well. Thats mcg, mck, burford, Moore, zeickjl or whatever etc etc. it's a bad spot on this team and I hope Kyle tries something new with it. No idea if it's drafting or coaching or both.
if you want to talk future, point out the lock OL picks towards the end of the rounds.. pointing out issues is easy

What are you saying if I don't like our o line play I have to know who to draft otherwise shut up? That's why they pay Kyle, John and all the scouts no? That's their job. I'm the fan who gets to observe and opine. I am counting on them tho.

True. And CMC is every QB's best friend both in the run and outlet pass. Brock leaned on him all night.

I think Aaron Jones and Dillion provided some pretty good assistance for GB and Love as well.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
^ what does it matter? You've already stated they can't win it all due to the OL.

Hes rooting to not lose money to Smokey. Don't kid yourself

Lol I tried to go into the DET TB game day thread and he is there shilling hard for DET. he's dialed in
Lol I tried to go into the DET TB game day thread and he is there shilling hard for DET. he's dialed in

Just wait till next weekend. The pom poms will be ready.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 21, 2024 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People are getting confused here. This isn't about the need to upgrade at OL. We all want that. This about the team we have now.

choose your OL view:
1. NCs side is that we have no chance of winning this year. Something he said before the season and placed a bet on with the poster Smokey

2. While we don't have the best OL, we can win and possibly win a ship with this team

Or just reject that paradigm and you can argue that long term this team needs to adjust their approach the OL and make it more of a priority, especially if they're going to utilize Purdy more as a pure passer in shotgun...etc.
100% what I'm saying. It's like Sith speak. When the reality is more fluid and somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Their OL was terrific - no sacks.

Our OL wasn't terrific.

There needs to be a heavy focus in the off season on FA & the draft.

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with you. But this is the WZ. Haha.

This is my position too.

Yes we really need to invest more and develop guys. GB has all 5 guys starting home grown ? And their starters are very good. Thats fantastic output.

For sure when their rt went down we saw a difference, but as someone told me the entire league has o-line issues especially with depth due to the new cba etc.

Aside banks nobody we drafted has panned out very well. Thats mcg, mck, burford, Moore, zeickjl or whatever etc etc. it's a bad spot on this team and I hope Kyle tries something new with it. No idea if it's drafting or coaching or both.
if you want to talk future, point out the lock OL picks towards the end of the rounds.. pointing out issues is easy

What are you saying if I don't like our o line play I have to know who to draft otherwise shut up? That's why they pay Kyle, John and all the scouts no? That's their job. I'm the fan who gets to observe and opine. I am counting on them tho.
if you want to gate keep on what should be talked about here, then you should actually start the conversation. Personally i would like to get away from all the NC gloating about us not having a chance to win. but that won't happen
Share 49ersWebzone