There are 241 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Lions are the outlier here but they played 2 teams that were in the bottom half of the playoff rankings. I would be surprised if this game is close. Especially since the forecast is supposed to be 68 and sunny.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The Lions are the outlier here but they played 2 teams that were in the bottom half of the playoff rankings. I would be surprised if this game is close. Especially since the forecast is supposed to be 68 and sunny.

The nfc is def weaker than the afc. The lions are very good, but imo not like the chiefs or ravens. I mean any given Sunday but I do feel we match up better with them than gb.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

what does this mean..

I have explained it over and over again in this thread. My theory is that games are mostly decided by which defense can bring the most pressure vs which QB can perform under pressure the best. The pressure stats are on a per dropback basis in categories such as TD'%, 1stD%, INT%, sack% and passer rating for both the QB and the defense. Each category is ranked and then there is an average rank of all categories which gives us an overall ranking. The performances that were used were playoff teams vs playoff teams during the regular season.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The nfc is def weaker than the afc. The lions are very good, but imo not like the chiefs or ravens. I mean any given Sunday but I do feel we match up better with them than gb.

Agreed. Plus we have to keep in mind Lafleur runs a modified version of Kyle's system. Their defense practices against it daily. That was just a tougher matchup. The Lions are probably the better overall team than GB but not by much.

9ers should handle business, as always, if they can stay on script.

As to the AFC? We don't have a stellar record against the Chiefs and Ravens so that'll be a tough one indeed. But first things, first.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I don't know why this makes me laugh every time but it does.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Agreed. Plus we have to keep in mind Lafleur runs a modified version of Kyle's system. Their defense practices against it daily. That was just a tougher matchup. The Lions are probably the better overall team than GB but not by much.

9ers should handle business, as always, if they can stay on script.

As to the AFC? We don't have a stellar record against the Chiefs and Ravens so that'll be a tough one indeed. But first things, first.

The Harbaugh Brothers love to run the ball, same as Kyle, so thats why I think their teams are so tough to beat. They both run the ball well. So its really back to how the trenches do when we play the AFC representative.
The fabled 49ers vs the tier 1 OL. If DET wins, may the Fball Gods have mercy on the souls of the fail five. You'll never hear the end of it
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The fabled 49ers vs the tier 1 OL. If DET wins, may the Fball Gods have mercy on the souls of the fail five. You'll never hear the end of it

If DET wins NCommand dream has come true.

My guess is if Detroit wins it has to do with turnovers more than anything else. But of course that will be ignored.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

My guess is if Detroit wins it has to do with turnovers more than anything else. But of course that will be ignored.

If DET loses will NC go away?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:31 AM ]

That would be nice

Never.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Never.

Someone should have made that the wager on the bet.

Never.

Maybe DET just getting this far with Goff is a W for OL play

Whats that make Jimmy making the SB then? Was told over and over that OL was terrible.

Never.

We made it this far multiple times with a Goff level QB and apparently a terrible O line so...
Share 49ersWebzone