There are 202 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We made it this far multiple times with a Goff level QB and apparently a terrible O line so...

Id expect some piss poor argument about why Jimmy is clearly better.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
The fabled 49ers vs the tier 1 OL. If DET wins, may the Fball Gods have mercy on the souls of the fail five. You'll never hear the end of it

If DET wins NCommand dream has come true.

My guess is if Detroit wins it has to do with turnovers more than anything else. But of course that will be ignored.

If DET loses will NC go away?

Never.

Someone should have made that the wager on the bet.

Maybe DET just getting this far with Goff is a W for OL play

Why? Goff has won his entire career and been to a SB. I thought These are your standards for elite QB play
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]
The fabled 49ers vs the tier 1 OL. If DET wins, may the Fball Gods have mercy on the souls of the fail five. You'll never hear the end of it

Haha. Tier 1 on Tier 1 crime! OL vs. DL.

But let's pray to those God's that doesn't happen.

We need to exact some revenge on either the Chiefs or Ravens for past sins.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Looking now at our DL no way is it tier 1. It's tier 1 if Chase Young is his rook self, and AA is his healthy self. We may be 0/2 on that count. Heck they have Hutchinson to our Nick, and McNeill to our Hargrave. DL is a wash.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The Lions OLine looks like they average 320+ LBs. Man that is a big line. Very similar to Philadelphia's OLine. Our DLine has their work cut out for them. As far as I know they also do outside zone blocking too.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If DET wins NCommand dream has come true.

My guess is if Detroit wins it has to do with turnovers more than anything else. But of course that will be ignored.

If DET loses will NC go away?

Never.

Someone should have made that the wager on the bet.

Maybe DET just getting this far with Goff is a W for OL play

Why? Goff has won his entire career and been to a SB. I thought These are your standards for elite QB play

Faithful6??

Looking now at our DL no way is it tier 1. It's tier 1 if Chase Young is his rook self, and AA is his healthy self. We may be 0/2 on that count. Heck they have Hutchinson to our Nick, and McNeill to our Hargrave. DL is a wash.
I don't know about tiers but I'd say our line has not met expectations this year. Not sure if it's scheme or individuals drop off of that the combo of players doesn't work within the scheme etc etc.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I don't know about tiers but I'd say our line has not met expectations this year. Not sure if it's scheme or individuals drop off of that the combo of players doesn't work within the scheme etc etc.

This
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

It's Drake not making the year 2 jump and AA being toast with the foot which is 2 years running now, 2022-2023. That would be one drop off due to injuries, and one failure to launch.
Banks had a horrid game, possibly the worst I've seen by him...I've never seen him pushed back like that in pass pro because his anchor is usually really good.

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Banks had a horrid game, possibly the worst I've seen by him...I've never seen him pushed back like that in pass pro because his anchor is usually really good.

Good info. I haven't sat down to watch the All22 but appreciate the heads up on the spotlight.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 22, 2024 at 6:12 PM ]

Just the false start he had on the first drive alone was rough. Those penalties are killer when you have to punch in every drive, lol.

True but the Lions lost their stud LG and Ragnow is ailing with an MCL sprain. That's great news for Hargrave and AA.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Good info. I haven't sat down to watch the All22 but appreciate the heads up on the spotlight.

The offensive line performance was - overall - spotty. I'm wondering if there was a bit of rust also on the offensive line too. But, I really think the runs - in the 2nd half - called by Kyle calmed the aggressive gap penetration that the GB was doing. CMC was gashing them good, and I think, that made that last drive easier for Purdy, in a sense.
Feliciano played well in the run game yesterday. Looks like he is gaining more trust at RG over Burford.
Share 49ersWebzone