There are 265 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The fabled 49ers vs the tier 1 OL. If DET wins, may the Fball Gods have mercy on the souls of the fail five. You'll never hear the end of it

Haha. Tier 1 on Tier 1 crime! OL vs. DL.

But let's pray to those God's that doesn't happen.

We need to exact some revenge on either the Chiefs or Ravens for past sins.

Looking now at our DL no way is it tier 1. It's tier 1 if Chase Young is his rook self, and AA is his healthy self. We may be 0/2 on that count. Heck they have Hutchinson to our Nick, and McNeill to our Hargrave. DL is a wash.
I don't know about tiers but I'd say our line has not met expectations this year. Not sure if it's scheme or individuals drop off of that the combo of players doesn't work within the scheme etc etc.

It's Drake not making the year 2 jump and AA being toast with the foot which is 2 years running now, 2022-2023. That would be one drop off due to injuries, and one failure to launch.

I go with this take, I thought they would be dominate and the secondary would be the weak link. Now after watching it is failure to launch and injuries. Thomas is not going to cut it and we really don't have a great DB bench. I still don't know why in the last few weeks it seems to have slipped a little too. Hopefully they can get it together before this weekend and the superbowl, if we get there.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

what does this mean..

I have explained it over and over again in this thread. My theory is that games are mostly decided by which defense can bring the most pressure vs which QB can perform under pressure the best. The pressure stats are on a per dropback basis in categories such as TD'%, 1stD%, INT%, sack% and passer rating for both the QB and the defense. Each category is ranked and then there is an average rank of all categories which gives us an overall ranking. The performances that were used were playoff teams vs playoff teams during the regular season.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Well I hope your ranking system is right and we should win easily against Detroit then.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

what does this mean..

I have explained it over and over again in this thread. My theory is that games are mostly decided by which defense can bring the most pressure vs which QB can perform under pressure the best. The pressure stats are on a per dropback basis in categories such as TD'%, 1stD%, INT%, sack% and passer rating for both the QB and the defense. Each category is ranked and then there is an average rank of all categories which gives us an overall ranking. The performances that were used were playoff teams vs playoff teams during the regular season.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Well I hope your ranking system is right and we should win easily against Detroit then.

Detroit will be missing their starting left guard, as far as I know. Hargrave should have a feast this Sunday.
Originally posted by Giedi:

what does this mean..

Detroit will be missing their starting left guard, as far as I know. Hargrave should have a feast this Sunday.

Yeah, that's massive. That's a pro bowl LG out and Ragnow, will be ailing for sure. He made it through that game on adrenaline but he's going to be in serious pain this week.

Hargrave and AA should absolutely attack relentlessly. In fact, if i was Wilks, I'd bring the A-gap and edge DB blitz all day long.

That could be the difference in the end esp. because Goff is more of a classic drop back QB.

Chase/Gregory, AA/Kinlaw, Hargrave, Bosa.

This is why you're here!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 23, 2024 at 5:25 AM ]
Talking to yourself trying to play both sides isint fooling anyone.
Originally posted by random49er:

Hes rooting for the Lions and Ravens so he can win money. Anything else is just pretend.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:

what does this mean..

Yeah, that's massive. That's a pro bowl LG out and Ragnow, will be ailing for sure. He made it through that game on adrenaline but he's going to be in serious pain this week.

Hargrave and AA should absolutely attack relentlessly. In fact, if i was Wilks, I'd bring the A-gap and edge DB blitz all day long.

That could be the difference in the end esp. because Goff is more of a classic drop back QB.

Chase/Gregory, AA/Kinlaw, Hargrave, Bosa.

This is why you're here!

Pressure up the middle could allow the outside guys o get a couple sacks. It also provides a direct path for Greenlaw or Warner to get to the QB.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by random49er:

Hes rooting for the Lions and Ravens so he can win money. Anything else is just pretend.

He's also lining up his excuses by continually bringing up the injuries in this thread

I still say I get paid 2x if it's Chiefs Niners in the superb owl, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I still say I get paid 2x if it's Chiefs Niners in the superb owl, lol.

So you had KC SF and he had DET PHI?

That's right.

We push when the Ravens win, lol.

That's right.

So you have to win the SB? SF vs BAL wouldn't win for you? Feels like it should, cuz your team made it furthest.

That's right.

he said he lost a few weeks ago because the formula is broken
So you have to win the SB? SF vs BAL wouldn't win for you? Feels like it should, cuz your team made it furthest.

Correct. To win the bet, one of either of our teams has to win the game.

what does this mean..

This has been correct so far. I hope Chiefs upset the Ravens, or we'll have a hard time at the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone