There are 239 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Most Niner fans feel we need to upgrade the O line. Drafting a potential future replacement for Trent and upgrading the other side of the O line are priorities. I saw a mock draft while rewatching the Niner-Packer game yesterday. They had 13 O linemen (12 tackles and 1 interior) being drafted before the Niners pick. They had the Niners picking a corner form Toledo. I hope some of those tackles slip back.

Maybe since we have so many picks, we can move up in the 1st round.
Most Niner fans feel we need to upgrade the O line. Drafting a potential future replacement for Trent and upgrading the other side of the O line are priorities. I saw a mock draft while rewatching the Niner-Packer game yesterday. They had 13 O linemen (12 tackles and 1 interior) being drafted before the Niners pick. They had the Niners picking a corner form Toledo. I hope some of those tackles slip back.

Not sure 13 of 31 has ever happened. If there were no good players at other positions that might makes sense. But there's a strong QB WR and DE group too. Hard to believe that would actually happen.

saw that as well. If they are in the 20s range I think a trade up is feasible without giving up a ton. They have 11 picks so there is some ammo, but it comes down to BPA, whether that be a CB, OT, C/G etc
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Not sure 13 of 31 has ever happened. If there were no good players at other positions that might makes sense. But there's a strong QB WR and DE group too. Hard to believe that would actually happen.

They had QBs going 1,2,3. They also had Bo Nix being selected around 20 to the Chargers. The were a few edge guys and a few WRs but this is an unusually strong year for O linemen so I guess that's why they predict so many going in the 1st round. Things can change after the combine.
They had QBs going 1,2,3. They also had Bo Nix being selected around 20 to the Chargers. The were a few edge guys and a few WRs but this is an unusually strong year for O linemen so I guess that's why they predict so many going in the 1st round. Things can change after the combine.

There's also at least 5 first round level receivers, 4-5 des, 2 DTs and at least 3 if not closer to 5 1st round cbs. Add in Brock Bowers and that's at least 15 if not 18. 4 qbs makes 19-22 and that's without Penix being picked late 1st. Just don't see 13 OL happening. Gonna be some athletes that move up during combine and workouts.

I could see as much as 10 but even the 11 OL is still a talent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Since your mentor stated so within the last day or so. . So no it's not still working, nor was it ever captain save a ho

How the f**k is DET not "tier 1" in regards to the OL?

The only thing I can think of is injuries. The Detroit starting Left Guard is out and their Center is hurt.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Agree, and I'll also add Trades - Trent Williams was acquired via trade.

There's also at least 5 first round level receivers, 4-5 des, 2 DTs and at least 3 if not closer to 5 1st round cbs. Add in Brock Bowers and that's at least 15 if not 18. 4 qbs makes 19-22 and that's without Penix being picked late 1st. Just don't see 13 OL happening. Gonna be some athletes that move up during combine and workouts.

the back end of that 10 probably won't start for this team, so it's get a project that might work in 2025 or get a starter in 2024
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Agree, and I'll also add Trades - Trent Williams was acquired via trade.

Now hear me out. Everyone knows I want more invested in the o-line, but I'm not irrational either....

If 13 linemen go in top 30 picks the odds are the corner is pretty damn good and valuable compared to the 14~ lineman. If a center is there sure, but someone told me there isn't one predicted to be rated that high as of yet so we don't want an obvious reach either.

I am not saying don't invest in the o-line, but id rather get a guy who can help day one at another position in the first, then a projet. We can load up with the lineman in the other rounds and assume they require development etc.

Maybe they identify a guy and fall in love with him so then I can see a trade. And this regime does that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

the back end of that 10 probably won't start for this team, so it's get a project that might work in 2025 or get a starter in 2024

From what I've been reading on these guys, it's pretty unique in that a lot of these OL they will be available at end of 1st round are plug and play guys
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 24, 2024 at 9:11 AM ]

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

From what I've been reading on these guys, it's pretty unique in that a lot of these OL they will be available at end of 1st round are plug and play guys
and if the guy isn't as plug in ready.. then we have to wait a year. I think we would need to get a top 5 guy if we can
I'm not against picking a corner if he's a better fit than any of the O linemen at that point. I don't know anything about the corner from Toledo . Things often change after they get a chance to see these guys up close at the combine.
I'm not against picking a corner if he's a better fit than any of the O linemen at that point. I don't know anything about the corner from Toledo . Things often change after they get a chance to see these guys up close at the combine.

He was one of the best performing cornerbacks in the nation this past year.

That being said, I will believe this team takes a DB in the first 2 rounds when i see it.

Who's saying they aren't? YAC?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Since your mentor stated so within the last day or so. . So no it's not still working, nor was it ever captain save a ho

The only thing I can think of is injuries. The Detroit starting Left Guard is out and their Center is hurt.

OK, that makes sense if you're talking "at this moment" (because of the key injuries). But healthy, absolutely they are tier 1. No way they make it this far without it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 24, 2024 at 9:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone