LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 181 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How the f**k is DET not "tier 1" in regards to the OL?

Who's saying they aren't? YAC?

You are lol. This dang thread. Ppl always throwing nonsense out there. Did you say DET is no longer tier 1? I was told up and down yesterday that you said exactly that. Now you seem nonplussed.

OMG. Why even entertain their twists, lies, comprehension issues and low budget trolling?

TrenchWarfare and Brandon Thorn moved teams WEEKLY up and down tiers based on key injuries upon setting up weekly OL/DL matchups. For instance, we moved from tier 1 DL to 2 when Hargrave was ailing and AA was out. Make sense? Apparently not to a micro group in here.

I have no idea what he's got Detroit at ATM, but I'm willing to bet losing an all pro G and having a stud C trying to play through an MCL and ankle injury just 6 days removed just might factor into that. LOL.

Tier 1 still? Tier 2? Who cares. Exploit it with our tier 1 DL!!!

boom, roasted
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Wasn't it that he pushed back against the idea that 'half the formula worked'?

Makes sense, if we know what a formula is lol.

What are you asking here?
boom, roasted

His self own is pretty good I give you that.

You are lol. This dang thread. Ppl always throwing nonsense out there. Did you say DET is no longer tier 1? I was told up and down yesterday that you said exactly that. Now you seem nonplussed.

OMG. Why even entertain their twists, lies, comprehension issues and low budget trolling?

TrenchWarfare and Brandon Thorn moved teams WEEKLY up and down tiers based on key injuries upon setting up weekly OL/DL matchups. For instance, we moved from tier 1 DL to 2 when Hargrave was ailing and AA was out. Make sense? Apparently not to a micro group in here.

I have no idea what he's got Detroit at ATM, but I'm willing to bet losing an all pro G and having a stud C trying to play through an MCL and ankle injury just 6 days removed just might factor into that. LOL.

boom, roasted

Lol he 100% said they were no longer tier 1 this week and had nothing to do with TW, which I know is shocking . He's a tier 1 liar
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 24, 2024 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol he 100% said they were no longer tier 1 this week and had nothing to do with TW, which I know is shocking . He's a liar

Just gotta argue for 4 years that OL is the most important thing and on the even of the big game say who cares where the OL's are.

But ill take wise words like who cares about tiers all day long. Best post ever.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 24, 2024 at 11:36 AM ]

boom, roasted

Too bad our O line has never gotten that type of leniency when they were dealing with injuries.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Too bad our O line has never gotten that type of leniency when they were dealing with injuries.

Lions should've stacked more talent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm not against picking a corner if he's a better fit than any of the O linemen at that point. I don't know anything about the corner from Toledo . Things often change after they get a chance to see these guys up close at the combine.

Same. Corner or OL BPA would be ideal.

Good Pass defense = (Good DLine + Good Coverage DB's). So I agree, between OLine and CB - I'd be OK with a top of the line CB under Wilks in the first round. But definitely need that developmental player to stack behind Trent Williams, maybe a guy no later than a Day 2 pick?

Give Foerster a left tackle day 2 pick and I'm confident he'd have a good left tackle after a year of development. Sort of like McKivitz, but hopefully a bit bigger, stronger, and faster. I'd Love it if it was 330 lb guy, with Bank's athleticism and power.

P.S. Jonah Jackson (Lion's injured left guard) apparently is a free agent next year. It would be interesting to see if ShanaLynch would target a guy like him in free agency before the draft. If 49ers can get him on a 2+ year deal, that saves (I think) a day 2 draft pick that can go to defense instead. He's only 26. Feliciano is 31
Originally posted by Giedi:
Good Pass defense = (Good DLine + Good Coverage DB's). So I agree, between OLine and CB - I'd be OK with a top of the line CB under Wilks in the first round. But definitely need that developmental player to stack behind Trent Williams, maybe a guy no later than a Day 2 pick?

Give Foerster a left tackle day 2 pick and I'm confident he'd have a good left tackle after a year of development. Sort of like McKivitz, but hopefully a bit bigger, stronger, and faster. I'd Love it if it was 330 lb guy, with Bank's athleticism and power.

P.S. Jonah Jackson (Lion's injured left guard) apparently is a free agent next year. It would be interesting to see if ShanaLynch would target a guy like him in free agency before the draft. If 49ers can get him on a 2+ year deal, that saves (I think) a day 2 draft pick that can go to defense instead. He's only 26. Feliciano is 31

There is zero chance they spend money in FA on a guard. Hell they gotta find the money to resign their own guard going forward.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Frank Ragnow and Johnah Jackson were pretty good hits on the OLine for Detroit. In 2018, we could have traded down the McGinchy pick, gotten Frank Ragnow and Brian O'Neil -- in hindsight. I'm thinking, I'd do something *like that* if I'm ShanaLynch and I think I don't need top of the line (Trent Williams) type players, if I can get by with *two* Aaron Bank's level players in Day 2.

Also, assuming Trent *doesn't* retire, or tells ShanaLynch he's playing in 2024, I'd possibly trade down that 2nd round pick for multiple day 2 picks in the 3rd round and load up on the OLine, since I have Foerster to coach them up. Johnah Jackson was a 3rd round pick.

You sure about that?

I was asking for faithful to clarify what it is that he claims 4eva said. To me, it seemed like he was either mixing him up with another poster, or putting words in his mouth.

I don't recall 4eva saying Detroit wasn't a tier 1 OL. I do recall him pushing back against the claim that half the formula worked. As I said, that push back makes sense to me because of what a formula actually is.

I was asking for faithful to clarify what it is that he claims 4eva said. To me, it seemed like he was either mixing him up with another poster, or putting words in his mouth.

I don't recall 4eva saying Detroit wasn't a tier 1 OL. I do recall him pushing back against the claim that half the formula worked. As I said, that push back makes sense to me because of what a formula actually is.

This is all misinterpretation. I don't refer to 4eva saying anything. I spelled it out in post 41868. In that post, I asked NC if he referred to DET as no longer tier 1. I was told all day yesterday that he did so, by Hoov.

They were talking to Hoov not me.

Who cares about tiers is my take.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

You sure about that?

LMAO. I would not be upset about having one. Pro bowl, I believe? I might have misspoke there. Apologies.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 24, 2024 at 2:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone