George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 128 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man, if Kyle only would invests on OL instead of RBs in the draft, that would be awesome.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Whether mckivitz got beat or not this is a terrible decision to throw the ball there. The cb was all over him and the safety was sitting & waiting for that as well

Not saying mckivitz is good but Brock can't be doing stuff like that either
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The real issue is getting Williams back in there. Without him the rest of the line is going to look average to poor. Now they're talking about his holdout lasting into the opener. I'm afraid we may see more of these holdouts next year. It's what happens when you get too many high paid players. Everyone else wants to get paid too and you just can't them all.

Sigh. This outta be motivation to draft better and not blow picks. This really isn't about this draft, but the past 4. It also should change our strategy with the players needing new deals. Trent is about as A+ as it gets, after only Brock and Bosa. It will be so bad if we have to start week 1 with Jaylon Moore, who is even worse than McKivitz.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Whether mckivitz got beat or not this is a terrible decision to throw the ball there. The cb was all over him and the safety was sitting & waiting for that as well

Not saying mckivitz is good but Brock can't be doing stuff like that either

I agree. I think it was a bad predetermined throw. Same predetermined throw issue on 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter to JJ when Aiyuk was wide open.

As awesome as Purdy is and has been (Top 7-8) he definitely has room to improve, as all young QBs do.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The real issue is getting Williams back in there. Without him the rest of the line is going to look average to poor. Now they're talking about his holdout lasting into the opener. I'm afraid we may see more of these holdouts next year. It's what happens when you get too many high paid players. Everyone else wants to get paid too and you just can't them all.

Sigh. This outta be motivation to draft better and not blow picks. This really isn't about this draft, but the past 4. It also should change our strategy with the players needing new deals. Trent is about as A+ as it gets, after only Brock and Bosa. It will be so bad if we have to start week 1 with Jaylon Moore, who is even worse than McKivitz.

I think they would love to have better drafts and not blow picks. I don't think they need motivation. Unfortunately they don't have the benefit of hindsight like the fans do. If you go back and look at their last few drafts they are usually being graded B or B+ after the draft. This despite having picks near the end of every round. When players get hurt or fail to live up to expectations then Kyle and John get ripped for being stupid.

It would be nice to have an O line filled with 1st and 2nd round picks but then they would be weak at other spots. Teams typically have between 7 and 10 picks counting the late round supplemental picks. You're lucky if 30% make the team. That's 2 or 3 players from each draft and they may not be starters.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Man, if Kyle only would invests on OL instead of RBs in the draft, that would be awesome.

I think he over does RB's and WR's. Completely ignores the offensive line. While I'm ok with picking the prior two. We already got a lot there and lack offensive line. I hate that they keep ignoring it.

Don't know if the stubbornness is due to Foerster or if he's just following Kyle. Either way, hoping this won't cost them big time again cuz who knows when they'll finally learn.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think he over does RB's and WR's. Completely ignores the offensive line. While I'm ok with picking the prior two. We already got a lot there and lack offensive line. I hate that they keep ignoring it.
It's not ignoring it, it's priority. Having top skill guys with an avg line or possibly paying for a blue chip avg OL with avg skill guys
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's not ignoring it, it's priority. Having top skill guys with an avg line or possibly paying for a blue chip avg OL with avg skill guys

We saw how that works against Chris Jones in the Super Bowl.

TWICE.

We saw how that works against Chris Jones in the Super Bowl.

TWICE.

No we saw our defense and our turnovers in the SB twice

Originally posted by Leathaface:
I agree. I think it was a bad predetermined throw. Same predetermined throw issue on 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter to JJ when Aiyuk was wide open.

As awesome as Purdy is and has been (Top 7-8) he definitely has room to improve, as all young QBs do.

bad predetermined throw? are we talking from preseason?

i would encourage, get the ball out with no hit on the QB. i could care less where the ball goes. you just don't want a hit on brock here
The 49ers have picked at least one O lineman every year in the last 7 drafts.
2024 Puni in the 3rd round. In 2023 their first pik was in the 3rd round and they didn't take any O linemen. In 2021 they picked Banks in thre 2nd and Jaylon Moore in the 5th. 2018 saw them take McGlinchey in the 1st.

It's not that they haven't picked O linemen. The real issue is that in most of those drafts there weren't many good O linemen. The few good ones were long gone before the Niners picked.

Uhhh, we already have top skill guys. We need a beefed up oline, cheap on rookie contract.

Uhhh, we already have top skill guys. We need a beefed up oline, cheap on rookie contract.
Exactly, that's why OL can be moved up the priority list as we hit on skill
Exactly, that's why OL can be moved up the priority list as we hit on skill

you are a few years late to the party, but welcome
Share 49ersWebzone