There are 108 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's only one game for the 2024 NFL draft class rookie tackles, but both of the tackles that people wanted in the draft looked like ass last night.

I swear Kingsley Suamataia lost his pass pro rep every time I focused on him. His stat sheet would be disgusting if not for Mahomes bailing him out many times. Lol at the broadcast putting together these "hightlights." Every rep is an L.

Yup both Kingsley and Rosengarten struggled mightily. Not unexpected either. I think Kingsley will have a lot of downs but there is upside. Ideally he shouldn't be starting though.

That's why I wasn't mad when didn't select OT (did want Frazer (C) though with that pick)

But when you're taking the 10th best OL left on the board, and with a first round pick, that's just a mistake. Reaching for a need in the draft is never a good idea.

Smart.

Which is why I wanted JPJ or Frazier.

I guess it's true you can never miss on a tackle if you don't bother drafting any either.
I don't think McKivitz was bad on every play, but every time something bad happened his name was called. Now I will say the first half I was like this guy really sucks, but he did play better in the second. I hope he's not our downfall
[ Edited by Silky on Sep 9, 2024 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
I don't think McKivitz was bad on every play, but every time something bad happened his name was called. Now I will say the first half I was like this guy really sucks, but he did play better in the second. I hope he's not our downfall

Hes a league average tackle. Nothing more nothing less.

O line as a unit were very very solid. That kind of performance will win us lots of games.
Line looked really good tonight
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Puni looks very good.
Much better with Puni and Trent Williams. As expected.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Puni looks very good.

Looks like a seasoned vet
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Puni looks very good.

Looks like a seasoned vet

Those SCRUBS aren't getting that RG job back. Never.

OL played very well...opened up some nice holes for Mason and Purdy was hardly touched. Having Puni on the right side is making a big difference. How about Trent...aside for a few plays off to rehydrate, he played the entire game. What a stud.
It's only one game for the 2024 NFL draft class rookie tackles, but both of the tackles that people wanted in the draft looked like ass last night.

I swear Kingsley Suamataia seemed to lose every pass pro rep when I focused on him. His stat sheet would be disgusting if not for Mahomes bailing him out many times. Lol at the broadcast putting together these "hightlights." Every rep is an L.

that clip could have been much longer too.....lord knows that was not the only times he was beaten....and that was only pass blocking, dude whiffed a few runs blocks as well....dude had a bad game....

but the season is young, and he has nowhere to go but up.....

Brendel had a couple awful plays. Same with Colton. Banks, LT, Puni, played well for the most part. Didn't see too many things with them that stood out in a bad way.
Found this on the Jets forum.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Silky:

Hes a league average tackle. Nothing more nothing less.

O line as a unit were very very solid. That kind of performance will win us lots of games.

Yup. People gotta realize the nfl has been having issues with online coming into the nfl and having to heavily develop them. It's hard getting good linemen. We're blessed to have Trent and now Puni. The rest is average and that's good enough. We win the superbowl if puni was our rg.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Brendel had a couple awful plays. Same with Colton. Banks, LT, Puni, played well for the most part. Didn't see too many things with them that stood out in a bad way.

I saw this as well..
Originally posted by Dshearn:

I swear Kingsley Suamataia seemed to lose every pass pro rep when I focused on him. His stat sheet would be disgusting if not for Mahomes bailing him out many times. Lol at the broadcast putting together these "hightlights." Every rep is an L.

that clip could have been much longer too.....lord knows that was not the only times he was beaten....and that was only pass blocking, dude whiffed a few runs blocks as well....dude had a bad game....

but the season is young, and he has nowhere to go but up.....

The tackle the chargers took looked pretty good against Mason Crosby...I think out of 8 reps against him he gave up 0 pressures....obviously he was out of our reach, but still a rookie tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone