LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 239 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
The tackle the chargers took looked pretty good against Mason Crosby...I think out of 8 reps against him he gave up 0 pressures....obviously he was out of our reach, but still a rookie tackle.

Joe Alt

i really really wanted him but hes a top 5 talent
Alt was the top tackle on the boards.

When it's time for a left T I think Kyle will either throw the chequebook at a FA or go full Trey Lance and spaff 3 No1 picks to move into the top 10.
[ Edited by babarvaart on Sep 10, 2024 at 7:08 AM ]
Originally posted by babarvaart:

When it's time for a left T I think Kyle will either throw the chequebook at a FA or go full Trey Lance and spaff 3 No1 picks to move into the top 10.

To go the full Lance he'd have to take a guy that hasn't actually played Tackle but had a great personality.

(Just kidding around. I was actually Team Trey till I wasn't).
[ Edited by joeknows on Sep 10, 2024 at 7:15 AM ]
Any news on Banks' injury?
The tackle the chargers took looked pretty good against Mason Crosby...I think out of 8 reps against him he gave up 0 pressures....obviously he was out of our reach, but still a rookie tackle.

It's not zero sum. You can find guys who can play but they have to fit and have the ability you are looking for.

It's not anyone will do. There were people advocating getting Broderick Jones in the Steeler trade and he's been awful for them.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Jaylon Moore has played decent when he's subbed in for Trent. Sure he's more like Mckivitz level of talent versus Joe Alt, but I think he can be a stop gap player like Burford and Brendel till ShanaLynch finds that Left Tackle we all want.

Point I'm making is that guys like Joe Alt or Trent Williams are out of our draft reach unless we find steals like Puni - the left tackle positon.

Once Purdy is paid, I don't know if Kyle will have the cap room to get a free agent left tackle at Trent Williams level.
Early reports are an Aaron Banks calf injury, status unknown. Instead of Puni moving to LG and Burford to RG in the game, we saw Burford replacing Banks. So we got some clarity on the pecking order:

• If Williams is out then Moore
  • If Banks is out then Burford
  • If Brendel is out then ? (Assumption is Zakelj)
  • If Puni is out then Burford
  • If McKivitz is out then ? (Assumption is Moore)

Mason Crosby
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Mason Crosby
I sure hope he would be able to take on a 40 year old kicker

Imagining if they had Puni and this guy on the right side just absolutely mushing people in the run game.

They already taught him how to hold like a pro.

Very solid. Colton still is subpar but the line overall was great running and in PP.
Originally posted by father49er:
Any news on Banks' injury?

Day to day, calf bruise I think.
But I thought our Oline sucked…folks talking about Joe Alt in the chat? WTF.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Brendel had a couple awful plays. Same with Colton. Banks, LT, Puni, played well for the most part. Didn't see too many things with them that stood out in a bad way.

When an Oline has a couple bad plays out of like 70 plays it means they are very good…

Not sure if posted already… but funny.
Share 49ersWebzone