There are 251 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can we trade for somebody? I would move BA for RT or C.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Some fans will defend them to death, but it's pretty obvious to most of us this o line is the issue that's never been properly addressed.

Not finding a center was the big problem. Instead of a kicker that should've been prioritized then. Can't hide a center getting dominated.
They should've drafted a center this year in a strong class.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Instead.. We got pretty Ricky 😎
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Could've done both
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Could've done both

Yup.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Can we trade for somebody? I would move BA for RT or C.

This is interesting. Will take the young C Linderbaum + a 4th from the Ravens (will throw in Brendel if they want).
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That they didn't even bring in competition for McKivitz and Brendel blows my mind. Those are two guys that shouldn't be starting anywhere and they just up and handed them the job like they're All Pros.

At this point, it's stubborness and arrogance IMO I expected better from a so-called offensive genius. Wasting away a closing window fast and not even prioritizing protecting your potential FQB.

Not finding better talent (draft, FA, trades) than what this team is putting out there at C and RT to prioritize protecting your potential FQB is inexcusable.

Completely disagree it's a "closing window" for this team - not when you have a QB like Purdy along with the overall talent on both sides of the ball.

There's at least a chance to reload with Purdy at the helm, but even that is at risk. If they still stubbornly maintain this gross neglect of the OL, then they further risk Purdy getting battered and broken. For f*** sake the Eagles NFC title game wasn't that long ago you would think they would've put that as priority #1 right after.
[ Edited by ninerFate on Sep 22, 2024 at 10:44 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That they didn't even bring in competition for McKivitz and Brendel blows my mind. Those are two guys that shouldn't be starting anywhere and they just up and handed them the job like they're All Pros.

At this point, it's stubborness and arrogance IMO I expected better from a so-called offensive genius. Wasting away a closing window fast and not even prioritizing protecting your potential FQB.

Not finding better talent (draft, FA, trades) than what this team is putting out there at C and RT to prioritize protecting your potential FQB is inexcusable.

Completely disagree it's a "closing window" for this team - not when you have a QB like Purdy along with the overall talent on both sides of the ball.

There's at least a chance to reload with Purdy at the helm, but even that is at risk. If they still stubbornly maintain this gross neglect of the OL, then they further risk Purdy getting battered and broken. For f*** sake the Eagles NFC title game wasn't that long ago you would think they would've put that as priority #1 right after.

Agreed, they need to do whatever it takes to prioritize getting more talent on the OL to protect Purdy. It's only the most important position in football, and when you find a guy like Purdy you prioritize protecting him with a strong OL.

Right now, the weaker links are at C and RT. Too often Brendel & McKivitz are exposed.
Share 49ersWebzone