There are 210 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This makes me even more concerned about our Dline (after the Rams game). The graph just confirms what I thought about Oline. But the Dline should've been eating, a lot verses the Rams and should again verses the Patriots.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Not finding better talent (draft, FA, trades) than what this team is putting out there at C and RT to prioritize protecting your potential FQB is inexcusable.

Completely disagree it's a "closing window" for this team - not when you have a QB like Purdy along with the overall talent on both sides of the ball.

I dunno amigo....

I still think you can make an argument that LT has been a bigger issue than RT.....plus the runs to the right side have looked cleaner than the runs to the left side......
When I watch these other games I see something called a "pocket." The games on TNF, SNF, MNF or YouTube Sunday Ticket. I can't believe how bad our line is. It's like a total collapse on a lot of plays. Most of the other NFL lines aren't like this if you watch. I'm actually shocked at how good they are. Look at the Cowboys line last night. Much better than ours. Puni is great. TW when he is in shape. Banks is pretty good when healthy. But man the C and RT are horrific. They completely blow up our whole line.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 27, 2024 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Not finding better talent (draft, FA, trades) than what this team is putting out there at C and RT to prioritize protecting your potential FQB is inexcusable.

Completely disagree it's a "closing window" for this team - not when you have a QB like Purdy along with the overall talent on both sides of the ball.

I dunno amigo....

I still think you can make an argument that LT has been a bigger issue than RT.....plus the runs to the right side have looked cleaner than the runs to the left side......

I've noticed that this year too...Hold outs suck... I thought TW would have been fine due to how long he's played but that is incorrect.
I dunno amigo....

According to Pro Football Focus, McKivitz finished Sunday's game with a 42.8 pass-blocking grade and allowed five pressures, three hurries, a QB hit, and a sack on 43 pass-blocking snaps.

Digging deeper. McKivitz had 20 true pass-blocking sets and finished with a worse pass-blocking grade of 36.3. McKivitz's true pass efficiency was a team-low 84.4.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I dunno amigo....

According to Pro Football Focus, McKivitz finished Sunday's game with a 42.8 pass-blocking grade and allowed five pressures, three hurries, a QB hit, and a sack on 43 pass-blocking snaps.

Digging deeper. McKivitz had 20 true pass-blocking sets and finished with a worse pass-blocking grade of 36.3. McKivitz's true pass efficiency was a team-low 84.4.

One common thing with bad players- they don't get better. They usually get worse. My guess is because teams know you are a weak link so they attack you more, the more bad film you have out there. Good players at least flash, have dominant games mixed in with bad games, or good games mixed in with bad.
Seeing that they are trying trying Spencer Burford at Tackle..

It made think about where Daniel Brunskill is...if he's available and how he's doing.

Seems he's not *available* and doing fine on both fronts.

Edit-
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 27, 2024 at 9:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone