There are 250 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yup, Joe is already in the Hall of Fame. Considering all the cheating Tom's done, that might hold him back from a Yellow Jacket for a while. Pete Rose is still trying to get into the hall as far as I know.

You're not making yourself look very smart with posts like this.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Yup, Joe is already in the Hall of Fame. Considering all the cheating Tom's done, that might hold him back from a Yellow Jacket for a while. Pete Rose is still trying to get into the hall as far as I know.

You're not making yourself look very smart with posts like this.

Says the person who's trying to convince people on the *49er fanatics* boards that Tom is better than Joe.
Says the person who's trying to convince people on the *49er fanatics* boards that Tom is better than Joe.

Forget who's better and be serious. Do you honestly believe Brady isn't a sure fire first ballot HoFer?

That's all I'm saying. I realize it's a lost cause on here lol but just don't understand why some of you guys are chitin on Brady with some of these comments. Once again the dude was a Huge 49ers fan and was crushed when we passed on him for Gio friggin Carmazzi.

Forget who's better and be serious. Do you honestly believe Brady isn't a sure fire first ballot HoFer?

That's all I'm saying. I realize it's a lost cause on here lol but just don't understand why some of you guys are chitin on Brady with some of these comments. Once again the dude was a Huge 49ers fan and was crushed when we passed on him for Gio friggin Carmazzi.

Barry Bonds is a top 3 player of all time and he is not in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of unproven allegations about arthritic balms and sublingual drops that were not even classified as illegal. I think that is a shame and I would put Brady in the HOF but the voters might take into account Spygate and Deflategate.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Dude, I know where he lived in San Mateo and I have friends that know him and where his parents are. Point is Joe is GOAT and Tom isn't at his level. Period.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Barry Bonds is a top 3 player of all time and he is not in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of unproven allegations about arthritic balms and sublingual drops that were not even classified as illegal. I think that is a shame and I would put Brady in the HOF but the voters might take into account Spygate and Deflategate.

Barry Bonds is CLEARLY on steroids. Brady never did any performance enhancing stuff. Dude will be an easy first ballot HOFer and if anyone votes no they should be removed from being a voter.

Barry Bonds is CLEARLY on steroids. Brady never did any performance enhancing stuff. Dude will be an easy first ballot HOFer and if anyone votes no they should be removed from being a voter.

There was no proof of Barry Bonds using steroids, he worked harder than anyone and he was dedicated to nutrition, he was never caught using steroids and he was never punished for using them. Brady on the other hand was caught cheating and punished for it.

How do you know Tom Brady never used any performance enhancing supplements?

Why are you talking chit about the greatest baseball player of this generation?
There was no proof of Barry Bonds using steroids, he worked harder than anyone and he was dedicated to nutrition, he was never caught using steroids and he was never punished for using them. Brady on the other hand was caught cheating and punished for it.

Have you seen Tom Brady? Have you seen his diet?

If you don't think Bonds used roids then you're either living in denial, very naive or know nothing about nutrition or lifting.

Brady wasn't caught doing anything. The patriots were accused of something and the NFL did a witch hunt and punished Brady when no other team got more than a fine for being caught for the same thing...and in those cases it was broadcast live on TV.

You think if they found anything in those texts and emails that Brady specifically said he wanted the balls deflated below the legal limit that it wouldn't have been posted all over the place?

When a child in 5th grade can do a science report showing how the whole deflate gate was BS....sorry not quite up there with obvious raid usage.

Sad thing is Bonds didn't need it.

Have you seen Tom Brady? Have you seen his diet?

If you don't think Bonds used roids then you're either living in denial, very naive or know nothing about nutrition or lifting.

Brady wasn't caught doing anything. The patriots were accused of something and the NFL did a witch hunt and punished Brady when no other team got more than a fine for being caught for the same thing...and in those cases it was broadcast live on TV.

You think if they found anything in those texts and emails that Brady specifically said he wanted the balls deflated below the legal limit that it wouldn't have been posted all over the place?

When a child in 5th grade can do a science report showing how the whole deflate gate was BS....sorry not quite up there with obvious raid usage.

Sad thing is Bonds didn't need it.

Floyd Landis used steroids look at him:

Brady has a shady "nutritionalist" who claims he can cure cancer, who knows what he is giving Brady at TB12.

The eye test is not the best way to determine who uses PEDs and it definitely doesn't make use of lifting or nutrition knowledge.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Bonds was clearly using roids...common....

Brady is a 5 time Champion, 5 time all-pro and 3 time MVP. The voters would be embarrassing themselves if they didn't vote him a first ballot.

Originally posted by jcs:

Brady is a 5 time Champion, 5 time all-pro and 3 time MVP. The voters would be embarrassing themselves if they didn't vote him a first ballot.

The Baseball HOF voters have embarrassed themselves by denying Bonds, the greatest player since Mays and the best hitter since Ruth and a top three player of all time. We shall see if Brady gets the same treatment.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

The Baseball HOF voters have embarrassed themselves by denying Bonds, the greatest player since Mays and the best hitter since Ruth and a top three player of all time. We shall see if Brady gets the same treatment.

Bonds was cheating for the latter part of his career (years) when he didn't need to and caught red handed. Brady was involved in a personal witch hunt by the Commish over a single game of deflating a football that science has proven does nothing.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 22, 2018 at 9:24 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Rodgers is a superbly talented QB but he doesn't have that extra IT factor like Brady and Joe does. He's certainly not Peyton Manning level but while he's the most talented QB in the game I don't trust him as much as Brady or Joe.

Rodgers really hasn't played with very good defenses throughout most of his career... in his first SB appearance, in which he won, he carried that limping team (many key injuries on both offense and defense) into the SB and tore up the best team in the league (that Pitt team was no joke on D and Ben was in his prime with potent offense). I'd trust Rodgers if he was on any of those SB teams (49ers / Patriots)...
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Ya Brady has gone up against better coaches and better players than those 80s teams. Unless you believe that the athletes in the 80s are better than the athletes today. But everybody wants to think that their generation had the better players. Ask the old timers and they'll tell you how much better the players in the 60s were than those in the 80s...meh.
riiiight....

Bonds was cheating for the latter part of his career (years) when he didn't need to and caught red handed. Brady was involved in a personal witch hunt by the Commish over a single game of deflating a football that science has proven does nothing.

I disagree that Barry Bonds was caught using steroids.
Did he get convicted of perjury? No
Was he punished by MLB for using steroids? No
Share 49ersWebzone