• Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Says the person who's trying to convince people on the *49er fanatics* boards that Tom is better than Joe.

Forget who's better and be serious. Do you honestly believe Brady isn't a sure fire first ballot HoFer?

That's all I'm saying. I realize it's a lost cause on here lol but just don't understand why some of you guys are chitin on Brady with some of these comments. Once again the dude was a Huge 49ers fan and was crushed when we passed on him for Gio friggin Carmazzi.

Barry Bonds is a top 3 player of all time and he is not in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of unproven allegations about arthritic balms and sublingual drops that were not even classified as illegal. I think that is a shame and I would put Brady in the HOF but the voters might take into account Spygate and Deflategate.

Bonds was clearly using roids...common....

Brady is a 5 time Champion, 5 time all-pro and 3 time MVP. The voters would be embarrassing themselves if they didn't vote him a first ballot.

The Baseball HOF voters have embarrassed themselves by denying Bonds, the greatest player since Mays and the best hitter since Ruth and a top three player of all time. We shall see if Brady gets the same treatment.

Bonds was cheating for the latter part of his career (years) when he didn't need to and caught red handed. Brady was involved in a personal witch hunt by the Commish over a single game of deflating a football that science has proven does nothing.

I disagree that Barry Bonds was caught using steroids.
Did he get convicted of perjury? No
Was he punished by MLB for using steroids? No
Are you saying he didn't use steroids?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Says the person who's trying to convince people on the *49er fanatics* boards that Tom is better than Joe.

Forget who's better and be serious. Do you honestly believe Brady isn't a sure fire first ballot HoFer?

That's all I'm saying. I realize it's a lost cause on here lol but just don't understand why some of you guys are chitin on Brady with some of these comments. Once again the dude was a Huge 49ers fan and was crushed when we passed on him for Gio friggin Carmazzi.

Barry Bonds is a top 3 player of all time and he is not in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of unproven allegations about arthritic balms and sublingual drops that were not even classified as illegal. I think that is a shame and I would put Brady in the HOF but the voters might take into account Spygate and Deflategate.

Bonds was clearly using roids...common....

Brady is a 5 time Champion, 5 time all-pro and 3 time MVP. The voters would be embarrassing themselves if they didn't vote him a first ballot.

The Baseball HOF voters have embarrassed themselves by denying Bonds, the greatest player since Mays and the best hitter since Ruth and a top three player of all time. We shall see if Brady gets the same treatment.

Bonds was cheating for the latter part of his career (years) when he didn't need to and caught red handed. Brady was involved in a personal witch hunt by the Commish over a single game of deflating a football that science has proven does nothing.

Are you saying he didn't use steroids?

He may have used the Clear before it was classified a steroid.
I don't think using supplements (PEDs if you will) to recover from workouts is any worse than breaking the rules by under inflating footballs.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/114018-two-time-super-champion-says-brady-montana-during-entertaining/

Did his head size increase, Yes.
Brady > Montana.

Is what it is.
He may have used the Clear before it was classified a steroid.
I don't think using supplements (PEDs if you will) to recover from workouts is any worse than breaking the rules by under inflating footballs.

Dude the fact that you are defending Bonds and can't admit he used roids and are trying to make a case for Brady not being a first ballot HOF because he "cheated" shows just how biased and delusional you are.

And LMFAO at thinking using roids in an individual based sport like baseball is no worse than under inflating footballs...

You know what a normal punishment is for tampering with balls during a game? $250k fine for the whole franchise. Aaron Rodgers has come out and said he likes his balls overinflated(save the gay jokes) what happened to him?

Fact is ONCE again..there was 0 proof of Brady asking for the balls to be under inflated BEYOND the legal limit.

Just like Rodgers can like his balls at the high level of the allowed limit Brady can request to have his game balls under inflated to the low LEGAL limit. The NFL chose to measure the balls halfway through a game in cold/wet weather in January and when it was all said and done there was 1 ball that was actually under the limit.by a good amount.

By the way do you recall what happened AFTER the Pats were "caught" for deflating the balls? They scored 28 points in the 2nd half vs the Colts then went on to win the SB vs Seattle. Possibly a missed extra point away from facing Carolina in the SB the year after, beating Atlanta in the SB the year after that and then going back to the SB to lose to Philly...while Brady won the MVP at age 40.

CLEARLY it's just as bad as using steroids in baseball....
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Perfectly normal, he was just hitting puberty late.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Rodgers really hasn't played with very good defenses throughout most of his career... in his first SB appearance, in which he won, he carried that limping team (many key injuries on both offense and defense) into the SB and tore up the best team in the league (that Pitt team was no joke on D and Ben was in his prime with potent offense). I'd trust Rodgers if he was on any of those SB teams (49ers / Patriots)...

I may be a bit harsh on him but there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I think he plays to keep his QB rating high and eats too many sacks because he does't want to hurt his numbers. I would also like to see him elevate the talent of lesser players more. The one year Rodgers lost Jordy Nelson early in the year was one of his worst seasons. Granted it was still a pretty good season for most QBs but we're talking about the elite here and when you compare it to his other seasons there's a clear dip there in both competion %, QB rating, yards...pretty much across the board and he still had Randall Cobb, Davante Adams out there.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

All natural....

The fact that Joe has been to and won less Super Bowls than Tommy and this is still a debate shows just how great Joe was. I am done commenting on this subject after this because it's stupid. I've seen both play give me Joe. Most defensive players who played with or saw Joe play have said it's Joe. Even Troy Aikman thinks it's Joe. Lol. One game give me Joe. By the way those of you talking about Tom and his nutrition and diet sound just like a lot of people who defended Bonds before Balco came out. Lol. I don't care because steroids imo isn't cheating. Cheating is when you don't put in the work and still benefit. All these guys in the NFL are on something you haven't heard of yet. Read a book.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
The fact that Joe has been to and won less Super Bowls than Tommy and this is still a debate shows just how great Joe was. I am done commenting on this subject after this because it's stupid. I've seen both play give me Joe. Most defensive players who played with or saw Joe play have said it's Joe. Even Troy Aikman thinks it's Joe. Lol. One game give me Joe. By the way those of you talking about Tom and his nutrition and diet sound just like a lot of people who defended Bonds before Balco came out. Lol. I don't care because steroids imo isn't cheating. Cheating is when you don't put in the work and still benefit. All these guys in the NFL are on something you haven't heard of yet. Read a book.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/share.fcgi?id=VYz0G
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1648362-proof-that-the-steroid-era-power-surge-in-baseball-has-been-stopped
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:

Ahmm....what?

Especially in baseball lol.

Tom Brady isn't hiding what he's doing, he literally put a book out and is trying to bring other people to do the same chit. If anything it's borderline crazy. The guy doesn't put anything in his body he thinks will harm him in any way. Pretty sure he won't even eat tomatoes because they don't have certain properties and it's a fuking tomato, not fried chicken.

Where I don't have an issue is with people using HGH when they get hurt. I don't like seeing the best players in the NFL out with injuries. Get the best guys out there as soon as possible. If they have to down HGH that's fine....just make sure they stop when they're healthy again.

All natural....

Do you even lift?

Some people lift weights and workout and get bigger.

Anabolic steroids do not make a person's skull grow.
Share 49ersWebzone