There are 251 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So we have gotten to the point in this thread where Barry Bonds is more relevant than either QB. Good job guys.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He may have used the Clear before it was classified a steroid.
I don't think using supplements (PEDs if you will) to recover from workouts is any worse than breaking the rules by under inflating footballs.

Dude the fact that you are defending Bonds and can't admit he used roids and are trying to make a case for Brady not being a first ballot HOF because he "cheated" shows just how biased and delusional you are.

And LMFAO at thinking using roids in an individual based sport like baseball is no worse than under inflating footballs...

You know what a normal punishment is for tampering with balls during a game? $250k fine for the whole franchise. Aaron Rodgers has come out and said he likes his balls overinflated(save the gay jokes) what happened to him?

Fact is ONCE again..there was 0 proof of Brady asking for the balls to be under inflated BEYOND the legal limit.

Just like Rodgers can like his balls at the high level of the allowed limit Brady can request to have his game balls under inflated to the low LEGAL limit. The NFL chose to measure the balls halfway through a game in cold/wet weather in January and when it was all said and done there was 1 ball that was actually under the limit.by a good amount.

By the way do you recall what happened AFTER the Pats were "caught" for deflating the balls? They scored 28 points in the 2nd half vs the Colts then went on to win the SB vs Seattle. Possibly a missed extra point away from facing Carolina in the SB the year after, beating Atlanta in the SB the year after that and then going back to the SB to lose to Philly...while Brady won the MVP at age 40.

CLEARLY it's just as bad as using steroids in baseball....

I am not trying to make the case that Brady shouldn't be a first ballot HOFer. I said HOF voters may use the cheating allegations against him and the Patriots against him like the Baseball HOF voters have done with Bonds with the steroid allegations.
Using the Clear was not considered cheating at the time Bonds allegedly used them, that is why there was never any talk about suspending him over the allegations. You choose to think breakign the rules by altering equipment is worse than taking PEDs to recover from workouts, I disagree.
I am not trying to make the case that Brady shouldn't be a first ballot HOFer. I said HOF voters may use the cheating allegations against him and the Patriots against him like the Baseball HOF voters have done with Bonds with the steroid allegations.
Using the Clear was not considered cheating at the time Bonds allegedly used them, that is why there was never any talk about suspending him over the allegations. You choose to think breakign the rules by altering equipment is worse than taking PEDs to recover from workouts, I disagree.

There is clear evidence that steroids improved performance in baseball.

The Pats did better AFTER they found the balls were deflated...you tell me who benefited more from each scenario.
Do you even lift?

Some people lift weights and workout and get bigger.

Do you? It's not like he was a 15 year old kid in the first picture and suddenly found some creatine and weights. That's not a natural physique. Not by a long shot.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Did his head size increase, Yes.

Perfectly normal, he was just hitting puberty late.

All natural....

Do you even lift?

His 20lb's of mass were gained in one offseason....common....
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I disagree that Barry Bonds was caught using steroids.
Did he get convicted of perjury? No
Was he punished by MLB for using steroids? No

Anabolic steroids do not make a person's skull grow.

They make your head swell with water weight.

There is clear evidence that steroids improved performance in baseball.

The Pats did better AFTER they found the balls were deflated...you tell me who benefited more from each scenario.

Lifting weights improves performance in baseball. Muscles are not a bad thing.

Perfectly normal, he was just hitting puberty late.

All natural....

Do you even lift?

His 20lb's of mass were gained in one offseason....common....

Do you even lift?

He worked out harder than you ever will.
Do you even lift?

Do you? It's not like he was a 15 year old kid in the first picture and suddenly found some creatine and weights. That's not a natural physique. Not by a long shot.

I do and get decent results with about a 100th of the effort Bonds put in.

He wasn't that big. There are bigger power lifters at the local 24 Hr Fitness I go to.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Do you even lift?

He wasn't that big. There are bigger power lifters at the local 24 Hr Fitness I go to.
Do they all have zit covered backs like bonds reportedly did? A symptom of Steroid use.....

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Rodgers really hasn't played with very good defenses throughout most of his career... in his first SB appearance, in which he won, he carried that limping team (many key injuries on both offense and defense) into the SB and tore up the best team in the league (that Pitt team was no joke on D and Ben was in his prime with potent offense). I'd trust Rodgers if he was on any of those SB teams (49ers / Patriots)...

I may be a bit harsh on him but there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I think he plays to keep his QB rating high and eats too many sacks because he does't want to hurt his numbers. I would also like to see him elevate the talent of lesser players more. The one year Rodgers lost Jordy Nelson early in the year was one of his worst seasons. Granted it was still a pretty good season for most QBs but we're talking about the elite here and when you compare it to his other seasons there's a clear dip there in both competion %, QB rating, yards...pretty much across the board and he still had Randall Cobb, Davante Adams out there.

It's his thick eyebrows and hushpuppy eyes
Do you even lift?

Do they all have zit covered backs like bonds reportedly did? A symptom of Steroid use.....

No, they workout for several hours per day, eat 6000+ calories per day and sleep 12 hours a day.

Yes they do. Thats called lobing. The bone ridge above they eyes becomes very pronounced.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Yes they do. Thats called lobing. The bone ridge above they eyes becomes very pronounced.

Hmmm. My understanding is that anabolic steroids do not make the skull grow. Google didn't come back with any results for Lobing Steroids.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Hmmm. My understanding is that anabolic steroids do not make the skull grow. Google didn't come back with any results for Lobing Steroids.

when i googled it i even came across links with pills that help increase jaw and head size. on top of the many links that showed that it can. from what i understand, it can differ from person to person.
Share 49ersWebzone