There are 223 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No expert here, but the information available suggests anabolic steroids are not the cause of bone growth. HGH would cause that, though.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
No expert here, but the information available suggests anabolic steroids are not the cause of bone growth. HGH would cause that, though.

That is my understanding as well.
Also, getting a swole neck or being fat makes the head look bigger.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 23, 2018 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
No, they workout for several hours per day, eat 6000+ calories per day and sleep 12 hours a day.

So did Bonds follow this same method? I'm sure he got a lot of chances to sleep 12 hours a day and eat that much with no cardio while playing pro baseball....
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
No, they workout for several hours per day, eat 6000+ calories per day and sleep 12 hours a day.

So did Bonds follow this same method? I'm sure he got a lot of chances to sleep 12 hours a day and eat that much with no cardio while playing pro baseball....

Bonds didn't cheat...

"Starting in 2000, after Bonds had recovered from a 1999 elbow injury, he put together the greatest five consecutive seasons of any hitter in baseball history. During that stretch, when he was age 35 to 39, Bonds batted .339, hit 258 homers and drove in 544 runs, with an OPS of 1.316. His performance was slightly better than what the study showed was the second-best five-year run of all time: Babe Ruth's first five years with the Yankees. From age 25 to 29, Ruth hit .370 with 235 homeruns, 659 runs batted in, and an OPS of 1.288. No other players in baseball history came close, the study found."
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-transformation-of-Barry-Bonds-2502695.php
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 23, 2018 at 8:25 PM ]

Bonds was never as strong or big as the power lifters. He worked hard in the offseason and the clear anf the cream may help with recovery but gains don't come without the work.

Brady hawks Broscience with a snake oil salesman who claims to have a drink that cures cancer.
Originally posted by jcs:

Bonds didn't cheat...

"Starting in 2000, after Bonds had recovered from a 1999 elbow injury, he put together the greatest five consecutive seasons of any hitter in baseball history. During that stretch, when he was age 35 to 39, Bonds batted .339, hit 258 homers and drove in 544 runs, with an OPS of 1.316. His performance was slightly better than what the study showed was the second-best five-year run of all time: Babe Ruth's first five years with the Yankees. From age 25 to 29, Ruth hit .370 with 235 homeruns, 659 runs batted in, and an OPS of 1.288. No other players in baseball history came close, the study found."
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-transformation-of-Barry-Bonds-2502695.php

Cheat? What rule did he break?
I am aware of his stats, I am a big Giants fan.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I disagree that Barry Bonds was caught using steroids.
Did he get convicted of perjury? No
Was he punished by MLB for using steroids? No

Did his head size increase, Yes.

Anabolic steroids do not make a person's skull grow.

Yes they do. Thats called lobing. The bone ridge above they eyes becomes very pronounced.

All I gotta say is homie looks (lobed out) and high as f**k and ready to give some head
some of you guys' posts crack me up. Montana is #2. Get over it.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
some of you guys' posts crack me up. Montana is #2. Get over it.

Sounds like more BS from a steelers fan
This has turned into a thread for b***hing about baseball or arguing about Brady. Either way there is no point in it continuing in this forum

Share 49ersWebzone