There are 205 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by onetrackt:
The 2011 fans are dropping like flies.. love it

Don't think those ones stayed through the last 2 seasons
Originally posted by 190836:
One thing is for sure, 49ers fans are smart and intelligent. let's give Lynch a chance. If he screws up we will be the first to let Jed and his Mom and Dad know.

We did that last time and got Chip
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

Kyle Shannahan & John Lynch: The 49er Lynch Mob has arrived!

What about the original Lynch Mobber?

• bors
  • Veteran
Just woke up from a nap. Wtf?
ITS OKAY IT JUST MEANS KYLE WILL MOST LIKELY BE RUNNING THE SHOW MAKING PERSONNEL DECISIONS. PARAAG CAN NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
The GM doesn't need to have a relationship with players. He needs to run a solid scouting organization and pick good players. This guy has no experience running anything--except to the men's room.

It appears he won't be handling most of the personnel duties. He's GM but his responsibilities will be more like an Executive Vice President. He's bringing someone in to handle personnel, likely Dominick, Gamble will handle the Pro Personnel side and Marathe will do contracts+salary cap.

This is largely the same exact model Denver has. No real imagination on their part, who knows if it works out but they will have symmetry with Lynch, Dominik and Shanahan.
This means that Shanahan will have A LOT control over personnel. Lynch was the only guy willing to play ball under that role. Hope this works out, but I'm very scared of this blowing up in our faces.

My first thought when I read this was: "Baalke 2.0?!?!?"
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Wouldn't rule out the Niners trying to bring in Mark Dominik to backstop the Lynch hire. Dominik worked with both Shanny and Lynch in Tampa.

Via Breer

99.9% sure that Dominik will be the chief personnel guy, working alongside Gamble.

Lynch will be the public face, the interview guy, he'll sit down and deal with free agents, basically do all the stuff Elway is doing.

Marathe of course will continue to do contracts and salary cap and being an all around pain in the ass.

I like it.

Lynch - new GM
Dominic - former GM

both went to same superbowl and won

not too over to the over the top

let go b***hes!!
Matt MillerVerified account‏@nfldraftscout

"You interview three media guys and wonder why no real football people want your job"
Originally posted by bors:
Just woke up from a nap. Wtf?

Go back to sleep and dream that Paton is still in the race.

They could have made Shanahan HC and GM. (This makes no sense)
Better spend big money to revamp the scouting department.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mark Dominik would be my guess. Lynch knows him from his Tampa Days, Shanahan knows him from his Tampa days.

Basically they are going for the Broncos setup.

Lynch-Public face of the front office and franchise

Marathe-Contracts+salary cap

Dominik+Gamble-Personnel

I can get on board with that
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by onetrackt:
The 2011 fans are dropping like flies.. love it

Don't think those ones stayed through the last 2 seasons

Lol this
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
I hope this is a joke.

It isn't and people are actually OK with it. We hired a guy with 0 experience who called and begged for the job.

So we have a GM with no experience and a coach with no experience.
Share 49ersWebzone