There are 139 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by obx49:
Oh, they definitely got Kyle's okay first. No way they hired Lynch without at least letting Kyle know, or would they?

Jay Glazer‏ @JayGlazer49ers were looking to do what Denver did w John Elway and had Lynch meet w Kyle Shanahan this week.

Yea, that's what I thought, thanks.
I remember when Matt Millen was a "genius" & was going to be a great GM. He said such smart things during the broadcast.
Shocking but rolling with my 9ers no matter what
So can we just call Kyle the GM and Coach? This hire pretty much confirms Kyle is running both shows.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Matt MillerVerified account‏@nfldraftscout

"You interview three media guys and wonder why no real football people want your job"

Lol yup.

Clown show continues for 10 more years.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Per Inman

#49ers indeed hiring John Lynch as GM. Jed York was wowed by Lynch's leadership & communication skills; plus Stanford link to Bill Walsh

These are the things you hire a Vice President of Football Operations for........

1000x this!

Sounds like that's exactly what Lynch will be, except with the title of GM instead.
Everyone is laughing at us
Originally posted by btthepunk:
What debacle? You don't think he's fine with it?

I'll tell you what, if he is, he is not very smart.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Go into the convince store to buy some gummy worms and this s**t pops up

FML

They gave a guy who's never done ANYTHING related to the job a 6 year f**king contract?? Jed literally needs to step away from the team and hope the fans don't completely revolt at this point. Soooooo much f**kery it's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Matt MillerVerified account‏@nfldraftscout

"You interview three media guys and wonder why no real football people want your job"

Truth bomb
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
This choice is enough to make me happy that the 49ers are no longer considered to be the home team in my viewing area, replaced by the Rams.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
They could have made Shanahan HC and GM. (This makes no sense)

They're giving a first time coach all the power.
How does he feel about torn ACLs ?
So it's up to John Lynch to rebuild this franchise lmao
Share 49ersWebzone